• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

True, but the TX5i and XTRIII are both made in Greeley and both ship from the US.
So how the XTR3 in the US can be the cheaper scope but by the time it reaches NZ has doubled in price god only knows....
You just made my day lol. I recently moved to Colorado and turns out I work 10 minutes from their facility. Maybe I should go visit…

Reactions: beetroot
More than anything this tells me the illuminated XTR III 3.3-18 should be available soon, hopefully prices won't be too far off from non-illuminated
The non-illuminated Comp version is being discontinued. There are some changes coming to the XTR3 that are going to make it a very strong choice at its price point.

The non-illuminated Comp version is being discontinued. There are some changes coming to the XTR3 that are going to make it a very strong choice at its price point.

Say it ain't so? I thought I could still have my thin reticle if I wanted it!

Say it ain't so? I thought I could still have my thin reticle if I wanted it!
They just don't have the space to make them all..

Edit; What I'm getting in feedback on the reticle thickness, (and I've asked several people) is that the new one isn't "thicker" per se. It was described to me as being X amount of microns thicker, which didn't jibe with me, but it was clear it was thickened up in some manner to accommodate illumination. It should be more visible due to this. But this reticle at a glance is by no means thick.

I’m glad they thickened the SCR2 up a little bit. I’ve got 20/10 vision and on the 3.3-18 against anything that wasn’t a white target it wasn’t really useable in anyway until about 6-8x. Even then at higher magnification it was still challenging to pick up details in the middle. Illumination would have helped that situation especially for shooting in anything other than bright daylight. Illumination + a little bit thicker SCR2 reticle = win in my book. Made in America, with accurate/repeatable tactile turrets, good size knob w/ big white numbers, good glass, large FOV, illumination, excellent reticle, lifetime warranty, etc. I’m going to buy a couple.

Last edited:
They just don't have the space to make them all..

Edit; What I'm getting in feedback on the reticle thickness, (and I've asked several people) is that the new one isn't "thicker" per se. It was described to me as being X amount of microns thicker, which didn't jibe with me, but it was clear it was thickened up in some manner to accommodate illumination. It should be more visible due to this. But this reticle at a glance is by no means thick.
I hope they thickened it up a reasonable bit.
There is liking a thin reticle and then there is unreasonably thin, which unfortunately seems to be the trend.

It's fair to assume most people buying the 3.3-18 version are not leaving it set at 18x all the time, otherwise they would've bought the 5.5-30, so making it properly usable at 3.3-8x would be excellent.

When Vortex first did the PST Gen2 line the 3-15 had a .052mil thick reticle vs .03mil i n the 5-25 and that suited the 3-15 perfectly.
When they switched to the EBR-7c they made them the same thickness which I think was a terrible idea.
In my opinion a super fine reticle in a 3-20ish scope adds absolutely nothing and just makes it less practical on mimimum magnification.

Long story short;
If the 3.3-18 has a .05mil thick reticle Burris will have nailed this scope, at least in my very noisy opinion.

@Birddog6424 whats the deal with the Burris throw lever and race dial?

The throw lever doesn't seem available anywhere other than Amazon (nil stock), the race dial is slightly more common but still not widely available.
Do you know if these will be available at launch of the new models?

@Birddog6424 whats the deal with the Burris throw lever and race dial?

The throw lever doesn't seem available anywhere other than Amazon (nil stock), the race dial is slightly more common but still not widely available.
Do you know if these will be available at launch of the new models?
I'm afraid I dont know much about them. The accessory end of the gig never really comes up in conversation.

Production changes are being made though that I hope will create better availibility on those items as well.

I read somewhere the new model was called the XTR pro? Either way looks nice for that price range, and they're 5 min from my house lol

I read somewhere the new model was called the XTR pro? Either way looks nice for that price range, and they're 5 min from my house lol
On the previously posted X-ring video, Mr X-ring says it is the pro model.
Somewhat implies that there will also be a non-pro model too

I just want to see the "Buy It Now" button... and maybe a 30% off for 2 button next to it :D

laugh-mock.gif

So New Years came and went. Was hoping the official roll out was going to be then. I guess we waiting for Shot Sow now?

From the Burris FB page..

Wait, is that a slight blemish in the finish, that tiny nick right above the 30, well if that's indicative of the quality, I'm sticking with Barska :ROFLMAO: Seriously though, that hexagonal knurling looks slick, I wonder how tactile it is in wet and cold. Stop giving us these strip show pics and show us the full monty :)

So New Years came and went. Was hoping the official roll out was going to be then. I guess we waiting for Shot Sow now?

The last I heard in conversation with Burris management is that he was going into a meeting that afternoon to discuss the rollout method for their 2022 line up. I never heard what the decision ended up being. I did hear it mentioned they would start trickling out information on various products as one option.

Worst case scenario is Shot. Though I imagine it will be before that so they generate some buzz for folks to come to their booth.

Cliff's Note's; Between now and Shot Show on January 17th.

Wait, is that a slight blemish in the finish, that tiny nick right above the 30, well if that's indicative of the quality, I'm sticking with Barska :ROFLMAO: Seriously though, that hexagonal knurling looks slick, I wonder how tactile it is in wet and cold. Stop giving us these strip show pics and show us the full monty :)
Turrets are great for grip. Large diameter and very smooth. I've had mine out 3 times now in crappy, cold weather, no issues at all.

The magnification ring is pretty smooth on mine. Parallax is a little snug, improving with use. A custom made to fit aluminum magnification throw lever is included with every optic.

A custom made to fit aluminum magnification throw lever is included with every optic.
Fantastic!

Really curious to how the elevation turret works, the "button" not being at 0Mils makes me think it's not a ZL button and it looks suspiciously like there are no set screws on the turret.....

Hanging out to see what the new reticles are going to be.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I saw that Burris will not be at SHOT this year. I hope we see some decent reviews that drop the same time as the official reveal.

I saw that Burris will not be at SHOT this year. I hope we see some decent reviews that drop the same time as the official reveal.
Yes, the news dropped at Burris yesterday. There's some long faces.

I know of one well-known, -respected reviewer who has already seen the optic, but I believe he hasn't had the optic in hand for a full review. I believe he has already been sent a production model, or will be very soon. I dont have all of those details.

I've had mine in hand for close to two weeks now. I've had it at the range 3 times now side by side in various blustery conditions to a ATACR 7-35, a K525i, a ZCO 4-20, and a Cronus BTR. I'll just say its impressive.

My first matches will be a PRS Rimfire on the 15th, and PRS centerfire on the 22nd.

Reactions: Chiavettas_Yum!
Yes, the news dropped at Burris yesterday. There's some long faces.

I know of one well-known, -respected reviewer who has already seen the optic, but I believe he hasn't had the optic in hand for a full review. I believe he has already been sent a production model, or will be very soon. I dont have all of those details.

I've had mine in hand for close to two weeks now. I've had it at the range 3 times now side by side in various blustery conditions to a ATACR 7-35, a K525i, a ZCO 4-20, and a Cronus BTR. I'll just say its impressive.

My first matches will be a PRS Rimfire on the 15th, and PRS centerfire on the 22nd.
So there have been tweaks to the glass quality? You were always impressed so I imagine that comment reflects new glass.

Are you going to be shooting the Leupold steel classic? I’m thinking of selling my Minox to outfit my rimfire and would like to compare it. Really like my xtr3 especially the reticle thickness and design.

So there have been tweaks to the glass quality? You were always impressed so I imagine that comment reflects new glass.
Straight up, no Burris Bias, I've always felt in many side by side comparisons that the glass in the XTR3 is a fair representation of its price point. I thought it a little better than some of its peers, but all in all, the scopes from Japan, or the American made scopes with Asian glass like the MK5 and XTR3 were so close in glass quality that glass should never be the deciding factor in a buying decision. I've always felt the sight picture itself had a greater impact, or difference than the glass quality. The Burris in comparison to many others had a very enjoyable sight picture. Minimal view of the frame, bright glass, and large field of view. That's always been the "wow factor" that people running other optics have expressed after looking through the Burris.

I tried to keep it succinct in talking about the new version they have sent me, and I have to try not to say too much. But equal to its sub $2k peers is no longer a valid statement.

Are you going to be shooting the Leupold steel classic? I’m thinking of selling my Minox to outfit my rimfire and would like to compare it. Really like my xtr3 especially the reticle thickness and design.
I wont be making it to that match. I'm the 2022 Northwest Regional PRS Director, so I'm keeping it close to home to make sure we get off to a good clean start, and support a new club or two. So I'll be shooting all regional rimfire and centerfire matches for a bit.. My first Pro Series match will be the Ruger-Koenig match in Grand Junction Colorado in April.

Reactions: never_summer
Hopefully just the tremor. Going to a thicker reticle so it's easier to see and changing to a smaller dot that is harder to see counteracts each other
The three reticles are the regular SCR2, the SCR2 in quarter mil, and the Tremor 5.

The SCR2 uses a small floating cross, not a dot. So its the Tremor 5 that has the floating dot.

The three reticles are the regular SCR2, the SCR2 in quarter mil, and the Tremor 5.

The SCR2 uses a small floating cross, not a dot. So its the Tremor 5 that has the floating dot.
Pics or never happened.....

A nice sunny day today here in SW Idaho. Got in a little rimfire fun. I wanted to really put the turrets to the test. So I fired 48 rounds walking out and back from 50 yards, which is my zero, to 8 mils at 200 yards, to 22.3 mils at 400 yards. It tracks lockstep with my 18x XTR3 that I normally have on this rifle.

The mirage was crazy heavy with all that sunshine. I was surprised at the clarity I was able to achieve on some bullets splashes on a 920 yard plate. It cut the mirage pretty well. And I thought I would be able to see some CA on the edge of those white plates with the sun hitting them, but I wasn't really able to discern any all the way up to 30x.. So it's pretty well controlled in my example.

After shooting behind a first gen Razor AMG I don’t mind the cross. But I do like the floating dot as well. I wonder how much of a premium Horus will add the to the Tremor 5?

Reactions: Birddog6424