• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Tactical TRS-25 and DLOC-TRS25 Test Run

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Just a quick test run video with the TRS-25 and DLOC-TRS25 Mount.

HD Video Link

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CDQYqAlb3M?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CDQYqAlb3M?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I am working on the full review and torture test.

Re: Bushnell Tactical TRS-25 and DLOC-TRS25 Test Run

I just need to know one thing....where can I get an AI hat like that?
laugh.gif

I've never seen them for sale. Maybe one will show up when I order my AX.

The Bushnell TRS-25 look like they are going to be a nice little RED DOT sight for not a lot of Coin. We just got more in stock the other day in Black and FDE. The Black sold out really quick. Their First Strike Red Dot also looks really nice. Have you seen or used one yet?

Mike @ CST

I picked up a TRS-25 after hearing how well they held up on a shotgun course. For the money, it is a great buy and another improvement in the Bushnell product range - these guys are getting it more right now than ever !

My only criticism is the tint to the lense. If you've heard about the tint on the Bushnell Fusion 1600 then this is even worse. It might help reduce glare on a sunny day but on a bleak wet winter range it darkens the sight picture quite a lot but for the price I'm being overly fussy. I don't have a through the lense pic but perhaps someone can throw one up.

photo14_zps1029a3f0.jpg

I will have some through the lens photos soon.

The sight picture has a blue tint. According to Bushnell this is to allow you to better pickup the dot.

My feeling on it is that the lower cost RDS don't have a bright enough LED inside of them tinting the objective allows the dot to appear brighter in contrast to the target.

It's not ideal, but to me it's not a deal breaker since I almost always run a RDS with both eyes open. On a magnified optic it would be unacceptable.

I bought one recently, have yet to try it out at the range. Did mount it on a shotgun to show my dad over the holiday. I will say be careful with the mounting bolt. Followed included directions on tightening it to the T and it still started to strip out. Will replace mine with better hardware before I mount it on my HD shotgun.
I like the features and size for the $ since I cant put an Aimpoint on all my rifles and shotguns just yet....
Thanks for the reviews, look forward to the full version.

I've been running a TRS-25 in a 3 slot medium height UTG riser (for absolute co-witness) on an AR-15 for 6 months. It has held zero after a few hundred rounds (not exactly a torture test) and the UTG riser, while quite cheap, RTZs well and I've purposely over tightened the mount knob without it stripping. Quite the bargain for less than $90 total.

I don't know what the true purpose of the blue tint is but the dot is very bright at full power, bright enough for any condition other than shooting at the sun (although not quite as bright as the ridiculously bright Aimpoints), and the quality of the dot is as good as my 2 Aimpoint Comp M4s.

Joe

I ordered up a UTG mount to check it out. It's back ordered right now. I am not expecting much, but I know some guys are not going to want to drop the coin on the DLOC.

The UTG riser is an appropriate mount for the TRS-25, as a Spuhr is for an S&B and an AI is for a DMR. It's quite up to the task.

Joe

I run the TRS/UTG high mount combo. So far it works as advertised. I initially ran the TRS on my Ruger 22/45 where it performed fine as well. The tint isn't overly noticeable while shooting outdoors in the sun light. The TRS is a solid red dot for those of us on a budget and/or to use on range toys. The UTG mounts solidly and is perfect for the TRS. The high version gives a lower 1/3 which works bit is tight due to the small diameter of the TRS.

I agree Rob, I bought a high mount to try lower third C/W and the diode assembly at the bottom of the optic with the small lens diameter made it practically unusable to my eye, so I stuck with the mid height mount.

Joe

They are great red dots I have run two of the trs25s one on a 10/22 and the other on a shotgun, also i have the first strike on my tac sol upper 22/45. I like the first strike so far but it's a little bit more of a "made in china" feel than the trs25. For the money I prefer the trs 25.
image-1_zpsb2c4207f.jpg

image-1_zpse4f9840b.jpg

I just ordered a trs-25 last night.

I'm curious to see If I'll be able to get some sort of co-witness with it mounted directly on my RRA tactical carry handle.
00110_zpsbc1b9943.jpg

I know the Aimpoint Micros do an absolute co-witness when mounted on the handle... So I'm hoping for a lower 1/3 with the trs-25, since I've heard its slightly higher than the Micros

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never seen them for sale. Maybe one will show up when I order my AX. </div></div>

I had a broken part on a new AICS I bought and when AI sent me a free replacement part they included that hat...actually had it on today
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered a trs-25 last night.

I'm curious to see If I'll be able to get some sort of co-witness with it mounted directly on my RRA tactical carry handle.

I know the Aimpoint Micros do an absolute co-witness when mounted on the handle... So I'm hoping for a lower 1/3 with the trs-25, since I've heard its slightly higher than the Micros </div></div>

Sweet, it works!!! Absolute Co-witness!

I know it's been a while, but did you ever get that review done on the Bushnell TRS 25? Thumbs up or down?

The Bushnell TRS-25 look like they are going to be a nice little RED DOT sight for not a lot of Coin. We just got more in stock the other day in Black and FDE. The Black sold out really quick. Their First Strike Red Dot also looks really nice. Have you seen or used one yet?

Mike @ CST

They have been for years. Its not a new product.