• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Butler Creek flip up size for a Leupy?

Stringer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2008
PRK
I searched but didn't find so,

What would be the appropriate Butler Creek flip up size for Leupold 4.5-14x40AO?
The objective OD on this scope is 2.0" and the eye OD is 1.6".
I think #14 eye (1.605") will work for the eye, but I'm not sure about the objective:

#31 is listed as 1.998"
#33 is listed as 2.043"

oddly there is no #32. I'm thinking #31, but you think that would slip on OK? Maybe after some boiling?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Butler Creek flip up size for a Leupy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stringer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I searched but didn't find so,

What would be the appropriate Butler Creek flip up size for Leupold 4.5-14x40AO?
The objective OD on this scope is 2.0" and the eye OD is 1.6".
I think #14 eye (1.605") will work for the eye, but I'm not sure about the objective:

#31 is listed as 1.998"
#33 is listed as 2.043"

oddly there is no #32. I'm thinking #31, but you think that would slip on OK? Maybe after some boiling?

Thanks in advance! </div></div>
I have a <span style="font-weight: bold">Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40 A.O</span>. that wears a #11 Eye and a #30 Objective. Both fit perfectly and open & close easily (but not too easily).

Keith

Thank you, sir. The scope I am asking about is a VX-III--sorry for not having specified that.

Is the eye/obj listed for your Vari-X as 1.6"/2.0"?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stringer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you, sir. The scope I am asking about is a VX-III--sorry for not having specified that.

Is the eye/obj listed for your Vari-X as 1.6"/2.0"?

Thanks! </div></div>
No worries - I figured you're talking about a VX III. All of my Leupolds are old school scopes - I specified that I have a <span style="font-style: italic">Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40 A.O</span> is because I don't know if the dimensions changed when Leupold went from the Vari-X III to the VX III. Without going into the garage and looking through some 10-year old Leupold catalogs (yes - I have some) I don't know what dimensions Leupold lists for the Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40 A.O..

However, I pulled my BC Flip Opens off and I got the dimensions listed below with a SS Maxon 6" ruler. Not exact but close enough for figuring out the sizes needed for BCs'. I bought the BCs' at the same time I bought the scope from Premier Reticles (back in the day).

<span style="font-weight: bold">Objective OD: 2.0"</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ocular OD: 17/32/1.53125"</span>

Keith