• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cadex Defense or Accuracy International

Dude73

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Central Illinois
I am considering purchasing new rilfe chambered in 300 Win Mag sometime early to mid next year. My current considerations are between Candex Defense CDX-Light or the Accuracy International AXMC. To those that own or shot either system what are your thoughts? The rifle would mainly be used for attending precision rifle courses and for the enjoyment of shooting at greater distances.

It's much easier to have a barrel spun up for an AXMC. Barrel extensions is what has kept me away from rifles such as DTA, Sako M10, and Kraken.

Reactions: Jeffd
i just bought an ai at. I honestly always wanted one but still was worried it wouldn’t be the magical rifle all ai owners talked about. I had an AICS prior and didn’t think it could be that much different. I was wrong dead wrong. Buy the accuracy you won’t regret it. The trigger was far more crisp than I thought and the rifle is amazing. I’m sure the cadex is good but I’m drinking the ai coolaid now

I have an AIAX, as well as a Cadex chassis’d 300 Norma. The Cadex is amazing, without a doubt, but the AI truly is just on a whole other level. For what little my two cents is worth, AI is without a doubt the gold standard.

Reactions: Jeffd and Dude73
If you are considering a dedicated 300 win mag then I would also consider the sako trg 42.

Reactions: davidwiz
I completely love my AXMC. It really is top of the line. It’s everything you’ll ever want in a rifle. Fit and finish are top notch. Barrel swap is super easy. Only thing you could complain about is the trigger. If you don’t like it then buy the comp trigger.

Reactions: Jeffd
AXMC

I watched as a 300WM AI wouldn't shoot a group for Scott, Mike or Frank at the August PRC in Colorado.

I also watched as Mike & Scott screwed on a barrel the next morning at class which Mike brought from MHSA.

Total time to R&R the barrel, re-zero and proceed to shoot bug holes about 10-15 minutes!

Made me a believer of an AXMC and the Great customer service provided by Mike and MHSA!

Respectfully submitted,

Chet

i own a Cadex and AI chassis. i dropped in my actions i didn't buy the rifle from either company..

the main advantage to the Cadex is the weight savings. if you plan to swap barrels or anything of the sort. the AI will be MUCH easier to work on/ with.

Reactions: honuswagner
Hey op,

Do ya plan on buying a Cadex in stock somewhere? If not they are inundated with orders.

I was quoted 4 months. It’s 9 months and I still don’t have it. It’ll prob be a year.

Have so much disdain from the situation that I’ll never do biz with again. Plus their Canadian so if after the sale you need work done by them, it’ll prob be months.

Hey op,

Do ya plan on buying a Cadex in stock somewhere? If not they are inundated with orders.

I was quoted 4 months. It’s 9 months and I still don’t have it. It’ll prob be a year.

Have so much disdain from the situation that I’ll never do biz with again. Plus their Canadian so if after the sale you need work done by them, it’ll prob be months.

I planned on seeing if there was one in stock in the configuration I prefer. If I could not find one in my preferred configuration, I would consider placing an order for one. That is if I decide on the Cadex. So far the feedback above on the AI is pushing me in that direction.

Last edited:
I had an AIAX (not MC) and just wrapped up a review of the Cadex R7 (not the Guardian) - a very small review - more of a first look really.

The Cadex impressed me a lot more than I thought it would. If I was jumping out of helicopters with it I would probably go with the AI but the Cadex probably deserves a second look and I wish I had more time with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dude73
i own a Cadex and AI chassis. i dropped in my actions i didn't buy the rifle from either company..

the main advantage to the Cadex is the weight savings. if you plan to swap barrels or anything of the sort. the AI will be MUCH easier to work on/ with.

I did the same with my AICS AX 2.0 chassis, used a Rem 700 action. I compared the Cadex and AI extensively, lots of hands-on demos, etc. No regrets on going with the AI.

I have shot the kraken quite a bit. 6.5cm and 300 norm. I have had zero issues. I live in Canada and most ppl would understand, we have all seasons . The kraken has been in the summer heat and dust, then in well below zero. Works great. Just as accurate at AXMC

Reactions: Dude73