• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Can I make 300 PRC case from 300 RUM (or anything else)?

Kevin Stalter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2018
Just bought a nice 30 cal 31" Bartlein in 1:9 twist, and looking to shoot 215 Bergers with it.

I like the 300 PRC as it is close to what I was trying to reach with my 300 Win Mag loads.

Problem is 300 PRC brass is scarce! Thought I could maybe use 300 RUM cases and shove them into a die to get things done but I think I'd better ask if any of you wise guys had tried this out before?

I had very good success in transforming 243 cases in 6.5 creedmoor ones, so I think there may be a way...

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:
The .300 PRC and the Ultra have different parent cases, you wouldn't want to start with a ultra case. You could use a 375 Ruger and neck it down. There are also examples on here of guys using 8x68 cases to start with.

The primary advantage with the PRC chambering is the tolerances used for bullet "clearance" in the freebore. It's tight, as they say. You can get the same clearances for ANY chambering by discussing with your gunsmith. Research the PRC and, specifically, the freebore diameter. However, as previously posted, you cannot form 300 PRC from 300 RUM.

Reactions: Kevin Stalter
Just bought a nice 30 cal 31" Bartlein in 1:9 twist, and looking to shoot 215 Bergers with it.

I like the 300 PRC as it is close to what I was trying to reach with my 300 Win Mag loads.

Problem is 300 PRC brass is scarce! Thought I could maybe use 300 RUM cases and shove them into a die to get things done but I think I'd better ask if any of you wise guys had tried this out before?

I had very good success in transforming 243 cases in 6.5 creedmoor ones, so I think there may be a way...

Thanks for your help guys.
Sportsmans Warehouse had some yesterday near my house. I would look at their website. Or look for 375 Ruger brass.

Last edited: