• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

carbon fiber stocks from evil empire

Hello hide.

I need 1 lucky Tikka T3 right hand owner who's willing to test the A1-3 stock - i want to test if the shipment is possible out the Russia.
terms are simple - i'll send the stock (if post will allow it). you'll test it. if you'll like it - you'll pay for it. if you don't - you send it back.

Your name (hide name) will appear in this topic.
And you'll write a range report here with all good and bad - i need to know how to improve it.

pm me if you're interested.

Sincerely,
Valentin

Heck,

I have a numerous of T3s, sporter weight as well as varmint profile. I would be happy to do a T&E.

I would be willing to test the Rem 700....just have a full package build coming back from Chad Dixon and Long Rifles Inc. it is 308 with a Bartlein 5R and will have a TBAC 30-BA suppressor fitted. Can do some side by side comparisons with my XLR Chasis. l also have 700 set up with a 16" fluted barrel also set up for the TBAC 30-BA. That, and the carbon fiber stock, would be a great combo for a very lightweight suppressed hunting/pack combo.

Sooo...email the details and lets see if we can work out a bit of a test.

ZY

might be a foolish question but with the stock being made of such light weight material, won't the balance be thrown off a "tactical/sniper" rifle. more often than not we try to have the balance of the rifle sit under the magazine well or just in front of the trigger guard so it rides the bags as well as shooting off hand/positional. with the rear of the stock being so light are rifles with bull barrels going to be front heavy, causing excessive barrel hop etc.

that being said they look great...when will you have one for a TRG-42 338lm. i will be the first customer

Last edited:
Why would you put a "bull" barrel....whatever that is, I'm assuming you mean a big contour/heavy barrel...on a rifle in a lightweight CF stock? That sounds really stupid and goes against the whole purpose of the stock.

Disagree.
First area of carbon application will be to make lightweight hunting rifle.

In case of bull barrel:

Modern optics manufacturers has forgotten long ago how to make lighweight but sturdy optics: it's common to find glass which weights 1-1.2kg nowadays. And scope with 800 grams of weight considered to be "light"...

Idea is not to make "featherweight" bull barrel rifle but rather to give you the possibility to make as bulletproof rifle+glass combo as possible still within reasonable weight limit.

Save weight on stock - spend on optics/accesories/barrel length or diameter.

But even in this case - it's just an option. You're in control to use it or not.

Our stock has met it's rifle (blaser r93):
20130606_145519_zps82d4da3a.jpg

Why would you put a "bull" barrel....whatever that is, I'm assuming you mean a big contour/heavy barrel...on a rifle in a lightweight CF stock? That sounds really stupid and goes against the whole purpose of the stock.

No need to be rude, my question comes from reading the entire thread.

If you notice Post #28 by vbt, there are pictures of a bench rest stock unless there is a new style of hunting stocks being marketed to hunters. So, because they have made several style CF stocks so far there might be something new in the pipeline.

If you read further on to Post #45 by vbt as well, “test fitting it on 6,5x55 tikka T3 super varmint (will be used with stock DBM for LA mags)”; the rifle in the picture as well as the picture label is a rather thick varmint barrel with bipod, not what I consider a Dall sheep hunting rifle set up. At least the hunts that I have been on.

If you keep reading further on in the thread to Post #82 by vb, you will notice the reply, “We've made a mold with plain cylinder barrel channel with dia 1,35" - it will accomodate any barrel which does not exceed action in diameter”, which was a reply to a question about a M-24 clone which uses a MTU contour or something close to it most of the time.

If you kept reading to Post #101 by a Hide member, you will read that he is willing to use his heavy barrel Tikka for a test bed.

These posts and my curiosity about the handling/ ergonomics of the stock caused my initial post about weight distribution.

I have no need to get into a war of words especially over a product that not one of has even held in our hands but I think we should be mindful of others, especially since we all enjoy the same hobby.

A good answer to that is this stock would solve lots of problems for shooters who play games like silhouette where you have an 8.5 pound limit for hunting class and a 10 pound 2 ounce limit for standard which can have a heavy taper barrel. This would also solve the weight problem for f/tr guys who are limited to 18.18 pounds.
For instance my 25 inch gun tips the scale at 18.1 and depending in the scale could go over. The reason for the extra weight with many gun is my 16 inch length of pull. I have had to modify an hs. Precision pss stock with a tubb 4 way plate to accommodate my very long arms. That added a lot of weight to an already heavy gun.

thanks for the reply, i was thinking of the stock for F-class and tac shoots but was wondering how it would work out. i have been using AICS's so far which i love but i am giving up too much weight to make the 18lb, do you have any issues with the 25" being front heavy? Currently i have a 300 wm being built on a manners carbon fill but this is even lighter still.

I would be willing to test the Rem 700....just have a full package build coming back from Chad Dixon and Long Rifles Inc. it is 308 with a Bartlein 5R and will have a TBAC 30-BA suppressor fitted. Can do some side by side comparisons with my XLR Chasis. l also have 700 set up with a 16" fluted barrel also set up for the TBAC 30-BA. That, and the carbon fiber stock, would be a great combo for a very lightweight suppressed hunting/pack combo.

Sooo...email the details and lets see if we can work out a bit of a test.

ZY

First tester for Rem700 SA version is ZY100.
I've just passed stock to the post.
Will see if it'll make the travel to US

i would be willing to be a tester for Canadian market for the rem 700 SA. i have a custom project that wait for a stock. You certainly can make a big hit in the custom hunting rifle market here.

kevin

when can we expect a price?, understanding that your waiting approval to become a vendor on this site.

will be see any stocks shipped to Australia? and how is the adjustable-tactical stock coming along? those CAD drawings looked the part.

cheers mate

when can we expect a price?, understanding that your waiting approval to become a vendor on this site.

will be see any stocks shipped to Australia? and how is the adjustable-tactical stock coming along? those CAD drawings looked the part.

cheers mate

I second this motion! I really want a tactical lightweight stock for my sps tact.
If its worth making light, It's worth making really light!

Disagree.
First area of carbon application will be to make lightweight hunting rifle.

In case of bull barrel:

Modern optics manufacturers has forgotten long ago how to make lighweight but sturdy optics: it's common to find glass which weights 1-1.2kg nowadays. And scope with 800 grams of weight considered to be "light"...

Idea is not to make "featherweight" bull barrel rifle but rather to give you the possibility to make as bulletproof rifle+glass combo as possible still within reasonable weight limit.

Save weight on stock - spend on optics/accesories/barrel length or diameter.

But even in this case - it's just an option. You're in control to use it or not.

This stock design would change the whole world, I love it when somebody thinks out side the box!!!!!!!

Spent a lot of time overseas and I always had access to foreign military mail. Honestly a lot of guys overseas get ripped off on the price of American made fiberglass stocks and I don't blame them for building their own mousetrap.

Looks like a lot of thought went into your stocks, good job.

idea is to cook it together with steel liners inside the carbon foreend to have a base to connect night vision rail to stock direclty - i.e. use only upper part of Badger EFR
Honestly we could cook it together with triggerguard and magazine hole - but it won't be stock anymore but rather the strange variation of chassis.

I will order a tactical stock with EFR and DBM installed/cooked. I think there is nothing wrong with a chassis system as most will order a DBM separately anyway.

Hello guys.
Sorry for silience.

As i've mentioned - we've send 1st test stock for Rem700. Seems it has passed customs and is on it's way to US

meanwhile we've finished modelling more "sniperish" stock and pushed it into CNC machine to make a mold:
35withinlets_zps7aea7843.jpg

This stock will feature:
1. vertical pistol grip
2. A1-3 fore-end (2mm wider than on A1-3)
3. Adjustable cheekpiece which will allow you to remove bolt for cleaning without touching the cheekpiece
4. Adjustable (via spacers) LOP
5. Parralel bottoms of foreend and stock
6. "hook" on the stock for supporting hand
7. embended steel inserts for flushcups, studs, Atlas rail screws and EFR and in points of pillars
8. flushcups (3 and 9 o'clock)
9. pillars
10. plain cylinder barrel channel (35 mm in diameter - 1,38") to accomodate any barrel contour up to dia of action
11. Actions for which it'll be cooked (4 inlets) - Rem700 (SA\LA), Tikka T3, SV98, Blaser (R8\R93)
12. In case of Tikka T3 and Rem700 SA/LA - stock will be equipped with AICS compatible triggerguard.

target weight - 999 :) gramms (when all cheekpiece and LOP adjustments been done via spacers)

PS
we still thinking about putting into pistol grip insert compatible with MAGPUL MIAD grip insert - to store from 1 to 3 cartridges inside the pistol grip.
But it's just an idea.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just got the Rem 700 stock from VTB--she is a beauty and workmanship is first class. The CF is very well laid out, finish nice and just a very few, very small pinhead pock marks if you look very close. The bedded area looks like DEVCON and well fit to a Rem 700. There is ample clerance in the recoil lug area for either a stock or thicker lug and a quick bedding of that area to your specific lug. One item to note is with my action in the stock, there is clearance in front of AND behind the lug, so bedding the lug area is on the list.

A slight interference with the pin for the safety (Rem trigger) ...going to do a little relief to get it to fit. I have not pulled one of my actions with a Timney to test fit, but VTB says the wide trigger may need a little clearance work in the trigger slot. More to come...will try to get to the range this weekend or the next.

Oh...the DBM seems like a nice set up and well fitted to the stock; my AI and Alpha mags fit and released fine.

ZY

Yeah, I made need to have 2 of these myself. Cant wait to hear the price!

Second tester is Will Fennell - Tikka T3 stock has just been passed to post. Will see if it will make it way to Will :)

Hi All,

Just got the Rem 700 stock from VTB--she is a beauty and workmanship is first class. The CF is very well laid out, finish nice and just a very few, very small pinhead pock marks if you look very close. The bedded area looks like DEVCON and well fit to a Rem 700. There is ample clerance in the recoil lug area for either a stock or thicker lug and a quick bedding of that area to your specific lug. One item to note is with my action in the stock, there is clearance in front of AND behind the lug, so bedding the lug area is on the list.

A slight interference with the pin for the safety (Rem trigger) ...going to do a little relief to get it to fit. I have not pulled one of my actions with a Timney to test fit, but VTB says the wide trigger may need a little clearance work in the trigger slot. More to come...will try to get to the range this weekend or the next.

Oh...the DBM seems like a nice set up and well fitted to the stock; my AI and Alpha mags fit and released fine.

ZY

a few pinholes are signs that the resin mix is applied almost perfectly- It has just enough resin to completely wet the composite, and no more. You can really add unnecessary weight by getting complete wet out and not removing some resin via peel ply and/ or vacuum. Of course a half an ounce won't matter much on a rifle stock, but if you are making airplanes (i have a little experience with lancairs) it does add up to pounds.

2 S12A:
Well. We cook stocks to order in Russia. So technically we're in production.
but
Unless i will get range report from the T&E guys at the hide - i won't even try to go sell them in numbers to USA.

2 TacticaltshirtsREP
R8 will sit just fine (except the same rear upper area of the "chassis" which you can see on photos") - it will differs only in the bottom of stock - there will be larger hole for R8 mag combined with triggerguard

Meanwhile - one of our customers Rem700 with new triggerguard type which we decided to T&E for our stocks:

7624482_zps2bb13237.jpg

7624487_zps352fcd48.jpg

7624497_zps79f1cd11.jpg

7624495_zps8f0f3571.jpg

This would look badass in my C. Dixon 260 Rem 700 with Burnt Bronze cerakote, heck I'd take it to the Snipers Hide Cup next year and compete with it, let all the fellas hear drool over it.Awesome stocks VTB! Can't wait to see the new tactical version.

Price and ETA is what everyone is awaiting...you gonna keep hanging carrots or let the feeding frenzy begin?

vtb, one thing to know about this board. If you build it, they will come...in droves...with cash....no questions asked......

.............except "when's it gonna ship?"

Hello SH.

Firstly I must thank you for your support. I must say that without your feedback we'd never ever thought someone in US & Australia will be interested in our carbon fiber stocks.

Secondly i should describe the concept behind our stocks and why we do them in the way we do them.

1. Stock should have weight as low as possible
2. Stock should be as strong as usial composite stock
3. Stock should be as much plug-and-play solution as possible meaning
3a. Triggerguard for AICS magazine is always included (in case of Rem700 SA/LA, Tikka T3)
3b. Pillars and 3 sling studs are always included
3c. It should fit any barrel contour up to action diameter
4. Stock should be comfortable to shoot
5. Stock should look cool.

Actions we run right now are Remington 700 SA, Remington 700 LA, Tikka T3 (we make factory inlet and our DBM for AICS SA mags fits fine there)
We do inletting for Blaser R93 and R8 but it will require you to swap internals from your resin Professional Blaser stock to carbon yourself Or we can buy new Blaser stock (imagine the price) and do the swap ourselves

Regarding pricing.
1. Stocks with A1-3 foreend you see at the pictures is $1100 with AICS triggerguard included - already in production
2. Tactical stocks (including adjustable cheekpiece) you see as 3D models screenshots will be $1250 with AICS triggerguard included - ETA is August
3. If you want blank (action and barrel channel formed, stock filled with fill, pillars installed, recoil pad installed, no inlet for DBM, no DBM) - deduct $300 from the price above.

Shipping vary but around $90 courier airmail to US & Australia (package weights 3 lbs). We take Paypal.

I understand that for these amount of money you have a ton of alternatives in US.
But regardless this fact of life we are sure ours stock do what we've designed them for: Allow you to hit a target without fatique from unnecessary weight.

Sincerely,
Valentin

Last edited:
Beauiful stocks. I can't wait for all the McMillans and Manners to hit the for sale section at hundreds less...

I've got my Tikka ready to drop in the stock......watching for the shipment daily!

Can you share some pics when you get it? Have a Tikka Project in the wind and I think one of these stocks may be the way to go..

Also want the Tactical one for my .308...and there is a guy down here in Aus making (in prototype stage) Carbon Fibre AI Style/Compatible mags so I think a CF Stock would be perfect with CF Mags :)

Last edited:
Hello SH.

Firstly I must thank you for your support. I must say that without your feedback we'd never ever thought someone in US & Australia will be interested in our carbon fiber stocks.

Secondly i should describe the concept behind our stocks and why we do them in the way we do them.

1. Stock should have weight as low as possible
2. Stock should be as strong as usial composite stock
3. Stock should be as much plug-and-play solution as possible meaning
3a. Triggerguard for AICS magazine is always included (in case of Rem700 SA/LA, Tikka T3)
3b. Pillars and 3 sling studs are always included
3c. It should fit any barrel contour up to action diameter
4. Stock should be comfortable to shoot
5. Stock should look cool.

Actions we run right now are Remington 700 SA, Remington 700 LA, Tikka T3 (we make factory inlet and our DBM for AICS SA mags fits fine there)
We do inletting for Blaser R93 and R8 but it will require you to swap internals from your resin Professional Blaser stock to carbon yourself Or we can buy new Blaser stock (imagine the price) and do the swap ourselves

Regarding pricing.
1. Stocks with A1-3 foreend you see at the pictures is $1100 with AICS triggerguard included - already in production
2. Tactical stocks (including adjustable cheekpiece) you see as 3D models screenshots will be $1250 with AICS triggerguard included - ETA is August
3. If you want blank (action and barrel channel formed, stock filled with fill, pillars installed, recoil pad installed, no inlet for DBM, no DBM) - deduct $300 from the price above.

Shipping vary but around $90 courier airmail to US & Australia (package weights 3 lbs). We take Paypal.

I understand that for these amount of money you have a ton of alternatives in US.
But regardless this fact of life we are sure ours stock do what we've designed them for: Allow you to hit a target without fatique from unnecessary weight.

Sincerely,
Valentin

A comparably optioned Manners or McMillan + bedding and dbm or mini chassis runs around the $1200 mark and they're not carbon fiber :p

Manners already has a customer for life but the more the merrier, right?

Have you tested to see if your DBM (REM 700 SA) accepts AW mags, in addition to AICS mags?

Does the stock need any protective finishing such as clear coat?

VTB Special and Rem 700 Teaser

Ok,

So I have had VTB's stock for over three weeks and not been able to get it to the range yet. Busy, life, and a need to cut a little clearance for part of the safety selector. So, I will at least upload a few pics, show what has to be done, and give a few general observations.

- VTB certainly seems GTG to do business with!
- The stock is very nice; 100% top notch craftsmanship
- The DBM setup is nice, well inleted, but just a little proud. All very square and even, just not flush
- You can see the rough pencil marks showing where the relief needs to be cut in for the safety pivot
- DBM works fine with my AICS and Alpha mags
- Bedding is done very well; my action fit like a glove
- A few (cosmetic only) voids on the show line between the bolt handle cutout and ejection port relief--not noticeable with the action in
- Plenty of room around the recoil lug to bed in your action/lug--clearance for/aft so this probably a must do
- Where the CF cloth meets is a work of art
- While I have not shot this yet, no reason this should not shoot to the action and shooters full potential...rigid, bedded right, and dimensionally stable...can't ask for more.

Now the pics....range report with TBAC 30BA on an 18" 308 coming up.

2vnqmvq.jpg

ounupz.jpg

35hpwlw.jpg

2d972hd.jpg

67mm2p.jpg

141b9l.jpg

jhx56t.jpg

2dheb0i.jpg

6fxq35.jpg