• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cassidian Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 FF

Aceshigh109

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2011
Europe
Hello,
any of you guys get to see this at SHOT, or have seen this anywhere in the US? It is apparently for sale in Europe from March this year at around 4900 Euros, not sure what that is in $US but defo not cheap.... Looking at the page linked below (I buy my Hensoldt and S&B direct from these guys in Germany, good service and no aggro) , what I found interesting was if you look at one of the pages shown below, apart from Cassidian acquiring a stake either in Zeiss or Hensoldt there is clearly a US Optics designation on the elevation turret.......

Any of you seen this scope?

http://www.mil-optics.de/Seite-81

Re: Cassidian Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 FF

I haven't seen it in person, but sure would like to. Have they improved the reticle options or are we still stuck with the mildot?

Not sure, I don't mind the standard Mil-dot, used it a lot and never had an issue with it, having that said, next scope I'd buy would have a Gen II mil-dot .

This link below, appears to be from 2009, never heard of the site but seems show this as a prototype... pics of a reticle, doesn't appear to be a standard P3 mil dot...

Not sure if the mount is included though seeing it has a 36 mm main tube looks like it may well be... not sure if there's any inclination built into it. Would not mind this on my AI .338

http://www.primalrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4458

Yes I saw it and played with it. Simply put.. AMAZING!!. Great features, easy to use, very intuitive, and as expected, the glass is at the top of the optics world.

According to them, this unit is back ordered almost 2 years just from military contracts. Dont expect one to show up on the civilian market any time soon.

I played with it for at least an hr or more and spoke with their engineer at depth. Feel free to ask any question and ill do my best to answer.

I thought it might be good... I intend to send a mail to the German supplier, be interesting to see if the mount comes with it or has any inclination built it or available. Seeing that this years 4-16 x 56 Hensoldt has the same turrets , be curious to see if can send in and have the new turrets retro fitted.
Is there a connection with US Optics on this ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aceshigh109</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is there a connection with US Optics on this ??

</div></div>

I would imagine that they are licensing the use of MTC from USO. Just like S&B and Premier.

Ahh..ok I didn't realise it was US Optics who'd developed that, I assumed mistakenly it was Premier. Serious looking piece of kit..

Thanks for that..

I saw and handled the scope also. Impressive piece of engineering.....but. This has definitely reached the peak of the diminishing returns curve. I don't mind spending bucks on glass, but I think this was north of $6000 USD, and frankly I don't see that much more value in it over some of the other high end scopes.

First Hensoldt lot is delayed due to supplier delivery problem.

Mount is not included in price, scope only. USO turret licence oomphs up price a bit.

I played with one today, and they are nice. The glass is killer, the reticle design is pretty solid, and the turret is nice.

Ill get some time sometime soon out on the range with this scope and ring it out.

Was out with the Cassidian rep, Joe, today and that is a badass optic. Have you seen the spotter 45. Glass on that is pretty clear!

As far as reticle, he had several Horus, A gen 2 mid-dot with mil hash and half mil hash. So yes there are several options for reticles

lol....but is it good enough for you to look past the price tag on it though?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol....but is it good enough for you to look past the price tag on it though? </div></div>

Ummmmmm......

Hell NO

lol ya thats what I though :p

Received mine today from IEA-Mil-Optics. I also purchased the IEA mount. As expected, the scope is of amazing quality, both construction and optics. The mount is also really nice. The scope is in full production in both black and tan. Most larger dealers in Europe should now stock them. Be forewarned however that there could be a substantial import tax (16% I believe). Also the European dealer has to apply for an Export Permit, which takes time but is free.

ShortArc, looking forward to more of your thoughts after some time behind it......

Received mine today from IEA-Mil-Optics. I also purchased the IEA mount. As expected, the scope is of amazing quality, both construction and optics. The mount is also really nice. The scope is in full production in both black and tan. Most larger dealers in Europe should now stock them. Be forewarned however that there could be a substantial import tax (16% I believe). Also the European dealer has to apply for an Export Permit, which takes time but is free.

Please tell me you didn't pay over 5k for that......

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that had to have one lol. ShortArc, how do you like the mount? I decided to wait on the Spuhr version. Is there any built in cant/elevation in yours?

-polarcow

First, I have not had any time to really eval the scope on a rifle but I am sure I will not be disappointed.
I paid just about US$5K for the scope, mount and shipping. The exchange rate computed by my bank turned out to be approx 1.36 which was a few points high but nothing I could do about it. Wire fees were $40.
The one piece mount is really nice (I like Bobro dual lever mounts and this one is nicer). I purchased the 30MOA plate but you can get any plate in 5MOA increments....check their website. It is the KH/S mount (note some pics on the website show a mount with a red dot mounted directly to the front ring...this is a prototype not commercially available).
Not many mounts with the correct ring dia. out there. One really nice feature of this mount is side adjustment so you can compensate for differences between rail and bore. Anyway....a great mount. I will try and post some pics later...Cheers.

Well....I still think you got raped.....just not as badly as you could have. I just don't see any scope being worth that much.