• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CDI Bottom Metal Savage

oud272

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
Oregon
I'm thinking about getting the CDI bottom metal installed in my Savage 10FCP-HS (308). Can any tell me how far the 5 & 10 round AICS mags protrude from the stock.

Thanks...

Re: CDI Bottom Metal Savage

about 2 and 3 inches.. the 5 rounder is 1" shorter than the 5 rounder. IT normally isn't in the way and works well
wink.gif

According to the UPS tracking site my Choate arrived at Jeff's shop yesterday afternoon, he called me this morning to get my billing info because the stock inletting was done and ready to ship back! I won't expect 22 hour turnaround everytime but damn!

please post pictures of that HS when you get the CDI installed. i really like the look of that set up.

no, wait, maybe i shouldnt see it... ahh go ahead.

I should have the funds next week or two for the CDI bottom metal. I am just deciding on if I want to inlet the stock myself or send it to jeff. if you don't mind me asking, how much does he charge for doing that? I am also trying to figure out how many mags I was to get initially......

Have Jeff do it. Mine was only $60. Very, very good work. I had him do a Savage and Remington at the same time. 2 stocks from me to him back to me in 4 days. Will have him do every one of mine again

$60. whats your rifle? call jeff. he said my 10fcp-hs would be so close to his metal, i could do some file work on the inside and the factory inlet (i have a bdm already in this model) would be good. buy two mags, one 10 and one 5. if you have the scratch, 2 10s and one five.

mine is a Savage 10FP-LE the was purchased a few years ago. I recently upgraded it to a B&C medalist stock.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I assume the internal box magazine needs to be removed.

I am thinking 1 rnd and either 2 or 3 10 rnd mags for now.......

Buy the CDI, you will be impressed with the DBM and his service. The first stock i sent to him (from australia) was back in under 4 weeks over the christmas period. At other times its less than a 2 1/2 week trip to florida and back.

1 have 4 of them now with a 5th at manners to be built into a new stock. All i can say is i will have 1-2 more before the year is over.

Seddo

Jeff,
Have you worked out anything for the newer Savages yet (AccuStock with bolt release on trigger guard)? I finally tested my 10 FLCP-K in two different McMillan's but went back to the AccuStock, the accuracy and groupings were just so much better.

So if I send you a stock that has the inletting for a factory Savage detachable magazine with the trigger guard bolt release, can you get the CDI bottom metal to work?? My rifle is the 10PC.

What all needs to happen to the stock prior to sending it to you?? The questions revolve around a Manners MCS-T stock. I am asking just so I know what all my options are going to be.

Thanks for your help in this matter...

DK

4 of the 5 have CDI, Hopefully the .338 EDGE will soon also
smile.gif

Manners T-4 Stocks
8152.jpg

Top Shelf service and Product, I have run Jeff's bottom metal in the harshest shit you can imagine, with Alpha Mags it's been damn near flawless.

I just ordered a CDI BM for my Savage .300WM build today, a 2-3 week wait but I'm sure it'll be well worth it!

I understand that he can do the inletting, I was just wondering about making the CDI fit into a stock that already had the Savage inletting.

It doesn't seem to me to be a dropin design as compared to the Savage factory inletting. Am I missing something??

Also, my bottom metal has the bolt release at the trigger guard. It seems to me that I was reading somewhere that he was still working on that part of the design?? NO?? I am just trying to make sure of these few things.

Thanks for your input though...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 of the 5 have CDI, Hopefully the .338 EDGE will soon also
smile.gif

Manners T-4 Stocks
8152.jpg

Top Shelf service and Product, I have run Jeff's bottom metal in the harshest shit you can imagine, with Alpha Mags it's been damn near flawless. </div></div>

I can see that you REALLY like the Savages!! Very nice lineup you got there!!

DK

on my HS stock with factory DBM he told me the only thing i would need is to possibly remove some of the material inside the stock, but that his DBM is made to fit the factory DBM footprint. jeff can correct me if im wrong. and for guys with that new bolt release, see if you cana convert back to the old style. can we savage users do the deal like remmy guys and add that pimp side lever like the custom houses do?

OK, cool. I appreciate the help and quick answers. I currently have all the factory stuff ready to go when the Manners gets here, but we got our fed income tax and state income tax back. So this one is on me, and I finally get to play with some funds that I have already worked my ass off, and I get to keep some of it.

So, with that said, I am mixed as to whether or not to go with the CDI and Alpha mags, or stick with factory stuff and use my own extended mags. I would normally go with the cheaper route, but I have a chance to go the other route. It don't happen very often, and I am having buyers remorse and haven't even purchased anything yet.

If this is what it would be like to have money all the time, it is no wonder that I have NEVER had these feelings before... LOL!!

DK

OK, well, I see now that it does have the one for the Accustock. However, from what I can tell, this has an additional tab inside the trigger guard, and not the release in the front.

So am I to assume that there is a "new bolt release level" inside the trigger guard on the Accustocks?? That would be cool with me, as it appears that it would work like the factory Remmy style bolt release.

Perhaps like AXEMAN said, maybe a clipslot option might be good.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, with that said, I am mixed as to whether or not to go with the CDI and Alpha mags, or stick with factory stuff and use my own extended mags.</div></div>

I have used both and find the CDI to be much more user friendly. If you don't like the CDI you will get your money back on the EE, Jeff makes an excellent setup and has earned his reputation.

OK, I was lucky enough to pick up a very slightly used CDI bottom metal for use with the centerfeed. My question is this... what is used to release the bolt??

I see on the CDI website, that there appears to be a button of sorts in the trigger guard area, like that as found on a Remington action. Is the sear replaced?? Is there something that gets added to the sear tab for bolt removal??

Any help would be appreciated!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I was lucky enough to pick up a very slightly used CDI bottom metal for use with the centerfeed. </div></div>

Know of another one for sale?
smile.gif

Not off hand. I actually found this one for sale with a stock on Gunbroker. The setup didn't sell, so I contacted the seller about busting the group of parts up.

He agreed, and I got it. Now I just need to find out how to make it work with the trigger guard bolt release as with the 10PC. I am sure there is something for this, but I just don't know what it is at this point.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see on the CDI website, that there appears to be a button of sorts in the trigger guard area, like that as found on a Remington action. Is the sear replaced?? Is there something that gets added to the sear tab for bolt removal??
</div></div>

This is the one thing that I didn't like about my CDI metal - otherwise it was perfect and feeds nicely.

The CDI solution uses a little L shaped piece of aluminum that is pressed onto the bolt release. I actually cracked mine when I put it on. Now I just stick my finger up inside and push the lever back.

Actually, it isn't that hard to just stick your finger up inside the trigger area and push the lever - I have big hands and don't really mind it.

I would say that the bottom bolt release issue (while not ideal) is not an issue if you don't mind noodling around with your finger.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I just got word from Jeff that he adds the extension to it, but if it isn't a problem, I may forgo that part. I have a PM into him again to find out about ordering.

I am just excited to be getting all my parts together for this build. I now have the bottom metal, and I am doing my best to patiently wait for my Manners GAP T3 to get here... ooohhhh the anticipation is killing me!!

DK

that kinda sounds like what XLR has for the newer savage release. i have a 10FCP and its got the release on the side of the receiver. not sure why they changed it, but it was awkward to hit the release, pull the trigger and take the bolt out. but i have CDI and 1 alpha now. pretty slick setup

I have not found any good leads at all on the Alpha's. It seems that once people get their hands on them, they are glued or something...

DK

What is this "alpha" thing?

I have both XLR and CDI and the XLR is a much more "engineered" approach but he also doesn't have the space (drop-in) limitations that CDI has.

alpha industries magazines

http://www.alphaindmfg.com/products.html

this is all new to me. ill get an AI and a Cproducts too and just try them all out. i like the alpha. i ran a bunch of dummies through it and it was fine. easy to reload after you get the knack. good fit and finish. drops free, no rattle if loaded. well full 10 at least. i didnt do a round by round rattle check, i was just cycling. knobs too big, need to look at that

Ahh ... got it. I only have 300WM and .223 in my Savages so that is why I wasn't up on Alpha mags.

Thanks!

So I know this thread is almost 10 years old. But does anyone know if CDI is still making their Savage bottom metal and offering to inlet stocks? Seems their website is down.

So I know this thread is almost 10 years old. But does anyone know if CDI is still making their Savage bottom metal and offering to inlet stocks? Seems their website is down.
As far as I know, cdi stopped when jeff (owner) passed a few months ago

• Sad
Reactions: smooth