• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Centering Reticle

exedotbat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Montville, NJ
I sighted in my SN3 recently, and zeroed the knobs, however I didn't do it the proper way. I would like to start fresh by centering my reticle, then following the directions properly.

Is there a way to spin the reticle back to center without a boresighter? If not would the cheap magnetic bushnell unit be sufficient? I would hate to spend 70 bucks on the leupold just so I could spin my scope.

Thanks

Re: Centering Reticle

Just do some math man...

multiply the amount of MOA or MILS of travel your scope has by the number of clicks it takes to move the crosshairs 1 MOA or MIL, then just half that.

For example:

If a certain scope has 100 MOA of vertical travel, and the knobs are .25MOA--- 100 x 4 = 400

So just bottom the knob out and count back 200 clicks.

EDIT: Having said all this... unless you're trying to diagnose a windage error, I don't see your point for doing this... If you have the rifle zeroed why mess with it.

Twist it down way all the way. Twist it up all the way and count how many rotations. Twist back half way and ta-da!

I didn't see the guy above me's edited post. That way will also work! We're pretty much saying the same thing.

I should have left well enough alone. I called uso the other day and asked if what I did was correct and they said no and walked me through adjusting properly. In the end I realized what I did was fine however now its out of zero and I need to reset. They just seem to put an emphasis on spinning the scope.