• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

cerakote color question

2blackdogs

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2012
thinking about doing my own cerakote. Anyone have any pointers? What color would you order to match a tan vltor stock and tan mag pull grip? Think im gonna do my samson rail but tape the top and leave it black. Or should I just bring it some where to have it done? Is it a pita to do?

Re: cerakote color question

I agree with KevinB, have a shop do it for you. I just sent a stainless barreled action to GAP yesterday to be cerakoted.
I thing any of the standard colors would look good, matte black, desert tan or OD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get it done somewhere -- CeraKote for weapons should be their bake on finish.

</div></div>

You mean I can't use oven at home? I was going to make a casserole at the same time... lol

Seriously though I kept the 30 year old oven from the kitchen remodel. If the oven still heats to set temperatures is it something that can be done at home? I heard it smells bad and shouldn't be done inside, so I figured I'd reinstall the oven in my garage or carport...

hit up arpredatorhunter.. check out his galleries... the guys so good he has threads about him
smile.gif