• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Changing turrets from MOA to MILs.

7uck7

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2011
I have a MK4 LR/T. Is there any way to change my turrets from 1/4 MOA target turrets to M3 or M1 mil type turrets? I'm sure they'd do it if I sent it in but is it something I could do myself? Also is there any way to buy the turrets from anywhere other than leupy custom shop?

Re: Changing turrets from MOA to MILs.

To my knowledge leupold is MOA only. I've never owned a MK4 but seems I've heard that's one of the set backs.

Ah I guess your correct on the m1,2, & 3 turrets. What about m5 turrets. Aren't they 1/10 mil?

m5 turret is .1 mil. i imagine they have to gut the scope and change the erector housing. why not shoot loopy an email?

Probably the best option. I've spent soooo long on hold on the 800 number. Just wanted to see if anyone here had done it before.

Good luck with the email...I sent them one on Monday about a knob swap...still patiently awaiting a reply.

I was informed by Leupold that the turrets cannot be changed to mil on a Mark 4 LR/T.

I sent mine off last week to the custom shop for this service. First email took about 2 days to get responded too and I was asked for the serial number of the scope as they could only do it for scopes made after a certain year. I was told that mine was a 2010 model year and it was good to go. Lead time was stated as 3-4 weeks with a cost of 140 bucks for the elevation and windage. Also getting the mil-dot changed to the TMR. Scope is a Mk4 LT/R 3.5-10x40.

I guess I'll have to call to find out if my glass is new enough to have it done. How much is the reticle change setting you back?