• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

City idiots closing in.......

I'm actually in SLC right now...very first time to Utah.

It is beautiful here, and the people have been exceedingly friendly. Not sure if its because of my Inditucky accent or if they're just that way to everybody...but I like it.

I was a transplant to Utah because of a job transfer. Stayed for 14 years (Ogden) and loved every minute of it.
Friendly folks, lots to do outdoors. Liquor laws/Sunday laws can be an annoyance, but easily figured out.

Absolute BEST part, you can go up into the National Forest Service land and shoot anything, at any distance.

Until now it never occurred to me that shoplifters believe they have rights to take things from the corner market -- but maybe they do after all?

I guess you never dealt with shoplifters.

I guess you never went to court over shoplifters and dealt with judges.

Entitlement is a cancer in our republic and it grows larger everyday.

My .02.

Golden rule.

If you would not want somebody tromping on to your property doing whatever he wants to do, then don't do it to your neighbor. Period.

Be thankful the neighbor is a bunny hugger, not a person willing, ready and able to shoot trespassers.

Maybe she hugs bunnies and and trees, but feels that shooting people is acceptable to protect them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I guess you never dealt with shoplifters.

I guess you never went to court over shoplifters and dealt with judges.

Entitlement is a cancer in our republic and it grows larger everyday.

No, I haven't really had much contact with shoplifters. I've had a lot of contact with judges, however. And I totally agree that "[e]ntitlement is a cancer in our republic and it grows larger everyday." But I always assumed shoplifters knew they were doing wrong and stealing. Our culture really has changed.

Interesting....

OP's situation sounds like one I recently had to deal with.

My pals and I hunt on a leased property which was drawn out by a moron. 400 someodd acres of mostly sane boundaries, but on occasion pieces of other properties interrupt our own.

One of our guys, about 68 years old, hunts at the top of a big hill in some dense woods (on our property). The route he used to take to get there made use of a road which briefly (15 yards or so) crosses another person's land. That other person put up a posted sign on a barbed wire fence which sits ONLY in the road, and can be bypassed with a four-wheeler by simply driving around it. We don't use that route anymore, instead I blazed a trail straight up the hill to his area. Still dangerous as fuck to get up there, and he's flipped his four-wheeler once so far, but that's what you do when someone tells you to stay the fuck off of their property.

Don't be a dick, OP.

QuickNDirty said:
One of our guys, about 68 years old, hunts at the top of a big hill in some dense woods (on our property). The route he used to take to get there made use of a road which briefly (15 yards or so) crosses another person's land. That other person put up a posted sign on a barbed wire fence which sits ONLY in the road, and can be bypassed with a four-wheeler by simply driving around it.

No access easement?

No access easement?

We had the sheriff of the county weigh in on the situation, and he did not believe we had any right to use that part of the road without the permission of the landowner.

Actually, I'm full of shit when I call it a road. It's a path you can drive on without much risk, but the old man is the only one who has used it in the last 6 years or so. The land owner did not grant permission, presumably because she is a bitch.

The path starts and ends on our property, but for a small stretch it crosses hers.

I just wish the rest of the fuckers in our neck of the woods would quit running down our gates, shooting them, and cutting the chains. Dunno what I'd do if I caught someone doing that.

I think Ill coin a new word....citidiots

Don't know if you were being sarcastic, but that's not a new word. We've been calling the yahoos from the twin cities that for decades in Two Harbors MN. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was a fairly common small town expression.

Don't know if you were being sarcastic, but that's not a new word. We've been calling the yahoos from the twin cities that for decades in Two Harbors MN. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was a fairly common small town expression.

Durn.

Laws are different all over the different states.
I have a few thousand acres in E Colorado and the rule here is Get Permission to Hunt. or just shoot, it is my land. Posted or not.
I can't be everywhere all of the time but just because I haven't been to one parcel of land or another does not give you free rein to hunt it.
Try this, Ask the landowner for permission before you go.
Most people that ask me I give a go ahead but not all.
If I catch you out there and you have not talked to me beforehand, it is going to be ugly. I have been known to bring in the Sheriff and prosecute.
On the other hand, if you talk to me,I will point you in the right direction unless you are a total turd, then I will just say no.
God help your ass if you go anyway as I will be on you like stink on shit or my neighbors will. We take care of each other.
As much as I hate prairie dogs, I have ejected people for shooting on my land. If only they had asked me first, I would have taken them down and set them up to get good shots.
I don't need fences, signs or anything else. Talk to me before you go or your ass will come out of my property, no questions asked, other than one of my neighbors sent you and if that is the case, the neighbor will have called me and let me know.
Regards, FM

Just a few replies: The guy that suggested I buy the property if I wanted to hunt it--get real, man. I bought my 4 acres in 1987 for $15000. 5 acres 200 yds down the road from me just sold for $120,000+. I don't hunt on the neighbor's poste property, she only has 4 acres, it's too close to her house(500 ft limit in NY).
These city idiots think the deer are yard ornaments--they are FOOD, and if I don't eat them, the coyotes will. I was brought up to think of hunting as spend $1 of ammo, get $50 of meat--justifiable investment. Just very depressing, my ideal spot, built my own solar heated house(me, the backhoe guy, and one dumb carpenter's helper), sand bank in the backyard for ballistics research, 200 acres of unposted land behind me for venison, my original neighbors were cool about my shooting, and now the yuppies have moved in and just about shut me down. I test my .22 BR stuff by shooting through a roll of carpeting, so the neighbors think it's an air rifle. I'd sell and move to SC in a minute, but wifey won't move away from daughter and granddaughter--feeling trapped, and too old to climb the mountains like I used to. End of rant, shut it down.....

Last edited:
Just a few replies: The guy that suggested I buy the property if I wanted to hunt it--get real, man. I bought my 4 acres in 1987 for $15000. 5 acres 200 yds down the road from me just sold for $120,000+. I don't hunt on the neighbor's poste property, she only has 4 acres, it's too close to her house(500 ft limit in NY).
Congratulations on your real estate investment! Sounds like your bought low and can sell high!

These city idiots think the deer are yard ornaments--they are FOOD, and if I don't eat them, the coyotes will.

Welcome to the United States of America, where people can think whatever the fuck they want to. Especially when they are paying $24,000 an acre to be YOUR neighbor.

I was brought up to think of hunting as spend $1 of ammo, get $50 of meat--justifiable investment.
Absolutely.
Were you not brought up to respect other's rights, property and wishes?

Just very depressing, my ideal spot, built my own solar heated house(me, the backhoe guy, and one dumb carpenter's helper), sand bank in the backyard for ballistics research, 200 acres of unposted land behind me for venison, my original neighbors were cool about my shooting, and now the yuppies have moved in and just about shut me down. I test my .22 BR stuff by shooting through a roll of carpeting, so the neighbors think it's an air rifle. I'd sell and move to SC in a minute, but wifey won't move away from daughter and granddaughter--feeling trapped, and too old to climb the mountains like I used to. End of rant, shut it down.....

Believe it, or not, I can understand your bitter feelings. But you need to realize that being bitter does not in any way, shape or form, justify your stated actions of disrespectful slob hunting.

Your location is Bearsville, NY. Isn't the eastern edge and bulk of Catskill Park (open to public land hunting) situated just to the west of you on Rte 28? You own 4 acres, and are bitching about not being able to tromp across your neighbor's property anymore, when there is 700,000 acres of accessible public hunting land just down the road to your west???
Before you ask, yes, I have hunted that area and its chock full of deer, turkey & bear. You just hafta quit bitchin' and hunt on public land like all the other hunters who live on 4 acres do...

Rant over.

No offence meant, just don't want you caught off guard if you ever hear this one... Floridiot. The term gets more and more prevalent, the more winding the roads gets. I'll use in context so you better understand. :D

Driving up a steep Rd, stuck behind a FL tag going 15 mph: "Fucking Floridiot! We might as well stop and fish for an hour; we'll get there just as damn fast!" :D
FYI If you maintain a home in fl, you are required to obtain a Fl tag. So not all Florida tags belong to Floridians some belong to those damn Yankees.

These city idiots think the deer are yard ornaments--they are FOOD, and if I don't eat them, the coyotes will. I was brought up to think of hunting as spend $1 of ammo, get $50 of meat--justifiable investment. Just very depressing, my ideal spot, built my own solar heated house(me, the backhoe guy, and one dumb carpenter's helper), sand bank in the backyard for ballistics research, 200 acres of unposted land behind me for venison, my original neighbors were cool about my shooting, and now the yuppies have moved in and just about shut me down. I test my .22 BR stuff by shooting through a roll of carpeting, so the neighbors think it's an air rifle. I'd sell and move to SC in a minute, but wifey won't move away from daughter and granddaughter--feeling trapped, and too old to climb the mountains like I used to. End of rant, shut it down.....

If you wanted 200 acres of land to hunt on then you should have bought 200 acres. Whining about not being able to use what does not belong to you? "That dog don't hunt!" As you just use your neighbor's land as a easement it should be relatively easy to find alternative access. While you are at it, ask the owner of the property you are hunting for permission as well. And, as was written above, you have 100s of 1000s of acres of land to hunt just a short drive away.

May the State of New York institute a landowner-only tag system, just for you!!!

Shooting mormons is bad luck, we'll come back an getcha....

mormon+zombie.jpg

"May we eat your brains!?"

Went up to my favorite flat rock at the corner of my property opening day of rifle season, and my bunny hugging new neighbor stuck up a bogus posted sign. I say bogus, because it doesn't meet the NY standards for legal posting. No name, phone #, or address, only one sign, held up with three dinky staples into a tree. Damned if I'm going to tell her it's NG. Wait till she calls the cops if she sees me dragging dead meat across her corner. Good thing I'm so old, otherwise I'd have to move. Fuck'em all......did you know, that there's no retirement community that has a rifle range? Depressing.....more rants to follow....

Drag it around her property if you have not been kicked out of all of your other neighbors land too. Maybe you are the problem...

Or just hunt on your own land?

?

Manners. They go a long ways no matter who you are dealing with.

I was a transplant to Utah because of a job transfer. Stayed for 14 years (Ogden) and loved every minute of it.
Friendly folks, lots to do outdoors. Liquor laws/Sunday laws can be an annoyance, but easily figured out.

Absolute BEST part, you can go up into the National Forest Service land and shoot anything, at any distance.

There are far worse places to spend time.