• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cleaning the DTA SRS

Jeeprider

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
PA
Wondering what other DTA SRS users do to clean their barrel. Are you just removing the barrel then cleaning separate from the chassis. Or do you clean with the barrel installed?

Re: Cleaning the DTA SRS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use the SRS bore guide and clean while barrel is installed. </div></div>

+1

Re: Cleaning the DTA SRS

Thanks guys, I have my barrel separated from the chassis inspecting this piece of mechanical genius! I guess I'll clean the chamber and feedramps while she's apart, then reassemble and clean the barrel once my SRS bore guide shows up (cough, cough, RMW) haha.

I've read the DTA recommendations for cleaning (after each use) and had seasoned shooters/snipers tell me not to clean after shooting... I am going with DTA but very interested why people I absolutely trust tell me it's better not to?
Thanks for any thoughts.