• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CMMG .308 RIFLE TRIGGER

GONIF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2011
PHOENIX ,AZ
I have a CMMG custom .308 with an 18 inch fluted barrel .It is very nice as far as fit finish and function and is sub moa. The only thing I don't care for on this rifle is the trigger ,it is in excess of 5 # but crisp .This is the 2nd gen CMMG 2 stage trigger . this is not going to be a bench/target rifle .I was hopeing to be able to keep the trigger and lighten the pull but keep it 100 relieable .I can find no information on doing a trigger job on this trigger . I was thinking of going to an RRA for price or Geissele if it is that much better and worth the $$$$ if the CMMG can't be lightened up . anyone ever done a 2nd gen CMMG trigger job ?

Re: CMMG .308 RIFLE TRIGGER

I've tried various internet methods of modifying trigger groups and all I did was make them mushy/creepy. There might be some trigger guru out there who can tune it up for you for 20-50$ but honestly I think buying a trigger group that is more to your liking is best.

thats prety much what I thought ,but I thought I would give it a shot .I should probably just buy the Geissele and not look back or cry about the price .

and that one guy at triggerwork?net i think armstrong is it? that being said i have a timney thats really nice

I was skeptical about the Geissele's, but I finally broke down and bought one. They are absolutely AMAZING! I can't say enough good things about this trigger. Everyone that shoots my rifle ends up grinning ear to ear. I have the SSA-E. BEWARE!! Once you have one of these, your other AR's will soon have one too...