• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Combo .338 and 300WM suppressor.

I would shy away from any AAC can's that aren't direct thread the mounts suck ass
look hard at thunder beast

Thunder beast 338BA for me!

I don't have a 338 yet, but didn't want to run my 762-rc can on my 300 RUM (even though it is rated for it).

I plan on running the 338BA on a 26" 260 Rem, 300 RUM, and eventual 338. On my 20" 308 I'll run my 762-rc

I shot at the rocky mountain steel quest this weekend, and was RO'ing for a guy shooting 338 with a TBAC can. I was super impressed, and didn't have to wear ear's RO'ing him.

Id buy the 338BA or even that THOR product. I own a couple AWC Thor Ti cans in 30 cal and I actually have to say I am very impressed with their suppression level and accuracy. They are a Ti can, super light and as far as suppression they are among the most quiet.
The only other Ti can that I have heard that is on its level is the AAC MK13 suppressor. But its a 300WM rated can and not the 338LM rated can like you specify.

The AAC Titan is essentially the MK-13 bored out to 338 with a redesigned blast baffle and chamber. Compact, lightweight grade 3/5 titanium can with a 90t brake mount that is gtg. I also have been impressed with AWC's THOR and even more so with the Thunderbeast albeit the TBAC can is quite a bit longer

I opted for the AWC Thor. I was torn between the AWC and TBAC but after talking to a few people and input from the hide the difference is so minimal you couldn't go wrong with either can. The price and availability made the final choice so time will tell. I will post the results in a year or more :)

I just got my Surefire FA338SS out of NFA jail and I love it. I shot my 338 Lapua without earpro and its great. No first round pop, no shift at all regardless of how many times I take off the can and reattach it. I'm sure it would work on a 300 win.

Ditto on the AAC QD systems. They suck,plain and simple. Thread-ons work fine though, I have a cyclone for .308 (and an SRT shadow) I use regularly.

I was shooting .338 LM for a while so I bought a SAS Titanium vengeance can (TOMB - Thread Over Muzzle Brake) which was amazing on .338 LM. I'm using the same can for .300 Win Mag now and its even better. Quieter (funny, LM only uses about 12 more grains of powder, you think it'd be THAT loud? Yeah, with the brake, like an artillery piece) For the weight savings and sound suppression, it's a very good deal, I think.

Looking at buying a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 - mini - for a REPR, I have one in 5.56 and it's great. Buy once cry once, right?

I've got a $1000 paperweight in an AAC SDN 7.62. Another $300 could have gotten me a Surefire I thought was too much money. I don't think that any more.

Last edited:
Ditto on the AAC QD systems. They suck,plain and simple. Thread-ons work fine though, I have a cyclone for .308 (and an SRT shadow) I use regularly.

I was shooting .338 LM for a while so I bought a SAS Titanium vengeance can which was amazing on .338 LM. I'm using the same can for .300 Win Mag now and its even better. For the weight savings and sound suppression, it's a very good deal, I think.

Looking at buying a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 - mini - for a REPR, I have one in 5.56 and it's great. Buy once cry once, right?

I've got a $1000 paperweight in an AAC SDN 7.62. Another $300 could have gotten me a Surefire I thought was too much money. I don't think that any more.

Amen on the paper weight.

Same here, I just sold my cyclone because it never gets used. Once I picked up a 7.62 socom I never wanted the cyclone on my rifle. Flash suppression from the socom is second to none, that's important to me during night time yote hunts. I get better second rd yote shots from the socom.

The AAC Titan is essentially the MK-13 bored out to 338 with a redesigned blast baffle and chamber. Compact, lightweight grade 3/5 titanium can with a 90t brake mount that is gtg. I also have been impressed with AWC's THOR and even more so with the Thunderbeast albeit the TBAC can is quite a bit longer

The QD Titan is .41" larger in diameter and use very different style brakes. The Titan brake is a single port monster, with a hefty price tag. The MK13 is a standard dual port brake that will in time be compatible with more suppressors.
The MK13 is also 13.9 ounces which is quite a bit less then the Titan QD at 20oz.

While the AWC is a short can then the TBAC, the AWC is a larger diameter. You have to pick up volume from somewhere so they compensate as they see fit.

Considering the OP question… 300 WM and 338 Lapua ??
AWC THOR PSR is a great suppressor. You will not be disappointed.
Some other great options (alphabetically):
AAC--Titan QD
AAC--Titan Ti
Elite Iron--Sierra SD
SAS--Vengence
Shark--Jaws
SilencerCo--Harvester Big Bore
SureFire--FA338SS
TBAC--338BA
TBAC--338P-1 (I think it is discontinued, but if you can still find it)

I have shot all of the above except for the SilencerCo---still new but worth researching. They all have pros and cons. I sincerely believe you will decide on an awesome choice either from the list above or ______ (fill in the blank for ones I did not mention/forgot).

The QD Titan is .41" larger in diameter and use very different style brakes. The Titan brake is a single port monster, with a hefty price tag. The MK13 is a standard dual port brake that will in time be compatible with more suppressors.
The MK13 is also 13.9 ounces which is quite a bit less then the Titan QD at 20oz.

I apologize for digressing from the OP…but referencing the comment about the MK-13 muzzle brake “in time be compatible with more suppressors”. Please elaborate ???
I know the SR5 & SR7 have the new 90T taper mount, but I believe that is different from the their other 90T mounts. I am curious. Thank you.

Considering the OP question… 300 WM and 338 Lapua ??
AWC THOR PSR is a great suppressor. You will not be disappointed.
Some other great options (alphabetically):
AAC--Titan QD
AAC--Titan Ti
Elite Iron--Sierra SD
SAS--Vengence
Shark--Jaws
SilencerCo--Harvester Big Bore
SureFire--FA338SS
TBAC--338BA
TBAC--338P-1 (I think it is discontinued, but if you can still find it)

I have shot all of the above except for the SilencerCo---still new but worth researching. They all have pros and cons. I sincerely believe you will decide on an awesome choice either from the list above or ______ (fill in the blank for ones I did not mention/forgot).

I apologize for digressing from the OP…but referencing the comment about the MK-13 muzzle brake “in time be compatible with more suppressors”. Please elaborate ???
I know the SR5 & SR7 have the new 90T taper mount, but I believe that is different from the their other 90T mounts. I am curious. Thank you.

More centerfire cans will come along that utilize a 90t mount. They won't just stick with one model. From what I was told the Titan QD will get a redesign in the next 2 years. This came from the AAC rep at SHOT Show 2014.

More centerfire cans will come along that utilize a 90t mount. They won't just stick with one model. From what I was told the Titan QD will get a redesign in the next 2 years. This came from the AAC rep at SHOT Show 2014.

Thank you for info/sourcing.
That is interesting. I also have utilized the MK-13, and I brought up the same subject at their booth(SHOT Show 2014) too. I did not get a definitive forecast for the future of any re-designs as you did...except they "are always exploring options".
But I believe you and it seems logical they would do this....time will tell.
Again, sincerely thanks for the info clarification.

As for the OP, hope all of the inputs in your thread helped. The really hard part is picking one.
Please post when you finally decide on your suppressor. Thanks.