• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Complete Chassis Reference Guide!pics,prices,links

How do the Rock Solid and the PDC balance? With the skeleton butt they look like they would be very front heavy with a varmint barrel or larger. The stocks like the JAE have more beef in the stock might be a little heavier but look like they balance better.

Can someone speak on this?

How do the Rock Solid and the PDC balance? With the skeleton butt they look like they would be very front heavy with a varmint barrel or larger. Do they balance just forward of the action like a 700? The stocks like the JAE have more beef in the stock might be a little heavier but appear to balance better.

Can someone speak on this?

I won't know for awhile, because my barreled action is still a month or two out....but I will say this. I've done the "balanced" thing with Magpul UBR stocks on suppressed ar15. Yeah, balanced great....and heavy as BALLS. Went back to an Imod, much better. Balanced might be worth something to some folks..maybe flat range or taking a class - stationary plinking at the range. Honestly, I'm not sure what good it really does.
I DO, however, know that if you are routinely doing 4.1 to 8.3 mile hike hunts for hogs over uneven terrain, lighter is better than balanced. Both would be cool, but if I have to choose, I'm going lighter.

This thread is amazing, thanks to those that contributed. Nice to see something stamped out easy to read for all to see.

Anybody on balance?

I don't have first hand experience but if Todd's resume is accurate, and I'm assuming it is, it's not likely he would compromise balance, especially in a stock designed to handle unconventional shooting positions.

great thread, learned a lot, and have also seen 2 more recent posts with 2 new stock designs hitting the market that share similar features but cannot find the links to add it to here.

[h=1]MDT LSS Chassis system for Remington 700[/h]MDT LSS Chassis system for Remington 700

CA$399.00

• Weight: 1.6lb
  • Designed for AR-15 collapsible butt-stocks. (except UBR)
  • chassis-right-small.jpg
  • Rifle-Left.png

Looking for some advise. I have a sleved Rem action with a 34" lilja hanging off the end ( built by Gre-Tan ) sitting in a Tracker BR stock. I LOVE the gun as is but I have been entertaining the idea of a chassis for this barreled action. I guess my question is which ones would be best for a LONG barrel set-up for ELR fun?

I was doing some reading on Officer.com and came across the Sisk tactical Star chassis for both LA and SA Remington 700's. It seems like a nice chassis for someone who prefers more of a tradition stock, it offers a lot of adjustments, and is machined out of aircraft grade aluminum.

Does anyone have any experience with this chassis?

Here is the link to officer.com. The S.T.A.R.:Fitting the Rifle to the Shooter - Officer.com

And a link to Brownells who has the chassis for 1299, the only place I could find it for sale
700SA STAR Tactical Adaptive Rifle Stock : STAR SISK TACTICAL ADAPTIVE RIFLE STOCK | Brownells

I found this picture on the Internet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Glad I read, I was just about to order an XLR for my Beanland 260, and I'm not gonna have the rail cut off period. I guess my next choice is Rock Solid. But I shot my 1st group with the HSP and factory Rem 140 core lokt's shot a 4 shot .081" @ 100yds, so I'm thinking about just keeping it in the HSP for a while now. I do like the Mcm, and Manners better than any, but $ is a big issue for me.

[h=1]MDT LSS Chassis system for Remington 700[/h]MDT LSS Chassis system for Remington 700

CA$399.00

• Weight: 1.6lb
  • Designed for AR-15 collapsible butt-stocks. (except UBR)
  • chassis-right-small.jpg
  • Rifle-Left.png
Has anyone actually handled one of these yet? I'm interested to see what sort of machining they have done for the action inlet. Is it the flat surfaces of a typical "V" block? Or is it rounded to better mate with the curved surfaces of the action?

Thank you so much for this quick reference list of frames for bolts.

I think I have fallen in love with the looks of the J Allen Enterprises JAE 700. Does it have an aluminum frame? Does anyone on here have one built as I would love to see the pictures. Wanting a 20 inch barrel and suppressor. Would love to also know the dimensions.

Thank you so much for this quick reference list of frames for bolts.

I think I have fallen in love with the looks of the J Allen Enterprises JAE 700. Does it have an aluminum frame? Does anyone on here have one built as I would love to see the pictures. Wanting a 20 inch barrel and suppressor. Would love to also know the dimensions.

Here's a link to their website where you can find all of the answers
JAE-700Frequently Asked Questions | J. Allen Enterprises, Inc. (JAE)

The rock solid to me seems front heavy. I do have a MTU barrel so just about every chassis would be front heavy. There is not a lot of weight in the rear of the stock, unless you have an bag off the rear.

Thanks for putting together this thread, lots of great information in here. I am looking for a chassis folder for my 20" 308 and looks like the Mcree might be in my future as I am on a limited budget. I was wondering how guys liked that stock? Thanks

Best Regards,
Oscar

[h=2]Ultimate chassis reference guide! pics,price,link, Thanks this is my tag.[/h]

There's allot of god reference sites and other options in here.

All American Gunsmithing LLC
Baton Rouge L.A.

http://www.appliedweaponstech.com

add these guys to list too. very well constructed and great ergo's.

can't wait to get back to US to get even more rounds through the one I have.

Can't say how pumped I am to see the LA Winchesters offered FINALLY.
Wish their folder wasn't discontinued and the forend was included in the price...but it's a start for us M70 lovers.