• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Completed WASR can

Ranb

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2008
Belfair, WA
Form 1 submitted on June 6, approved October 15. Took long enough, but it's my first trust can. Nice to not have to get printed or the CLEO's signature.

suppressedwasr.jpg

A small can eight inches long telescoping about three inches over the barrel. I had to set back the front sight, but a bit of work with the dremel tool made it easy. Not going to be able to test it for a while though. Use is banned in WA and I have to go to NY to work for a few months.
frown.gif

Ranb

Re: Completed WASR can

COOL , don't see many of those with suppressors.

What desgine did you use fr your baffles?

60 degree conical blast baffle, three K baffles, a smaller conical baffle in back with the muzzle end cap shaped like a baffle also. It was all made from scrap I had left over from other projects, so the only cost was the $200 tax and weld wire.

It looks something like this.
AKsilencer-1.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to mount it on my chinese sks.

Ranb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Use is banned in WA </span></div></div>

You mean you can legally make and possess a suppressor in WA and you can possess and shoot a firearm, again, in WA but you can't put them together and shoot a suppressed weapon, in WA?

Wow, who comes up with this silly crap.

But, that is a cool looking setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Use is banned in WA </span></div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You mean you can legally make and possess a suppressor in WA and you can possess and shoot a firearm, again, in WA but you can't put them together and shoot a suppressed weapon, in WA?</span>

Wow, who comes up with this silly crap.

But, that is a cool looking setup. </div></div>

That is the law in a few states..... the NFA/ATF handbook has all the answers.

Looks good, I've talked to SAS already about sending in my AK in to have a suppressor mount put on. Looks like it will be fun!

I think WA is the only state that allows possession, but bans use.

Ranb