• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Contractor repos the shower he installed.

From the link and site pictures, this now seems to make a bit more sense. You know, for those of us with actual real world decision making prowess who aren't actual morons.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Chick paid deposit and work started

Work was completed and looked like royal dogshit

Contractor wants paid 30 seconds after 'finishing'

Chick was like WTF I'm not paying for this shit and wants it fixed

Contractor goes on about how this looks fine or is 'within spec' or 'industry standard' or any of the 30 bullshit things I've heard quoted before

Chick is like LOL no

Argument ensues where contractor doesn't want to fix anything and talks about liens and calling the cops, etc. Chick mentions calling the news or whoever so they can come see just how fucking awful this work is

Instead of fixing his shit fuck job -or- because he somehow felt insulted because he truly believed this was top tier work (LOL) the contractor RAAAAAGgGGGGGGGEEEEEDDDDD in chick's bathroom while playing Harvestor of Sorrows in his head the entire time and kills 2 birds with 1 stone; gets 'even' while at the same time, destroying any evidence of his Corky Thatcher level of craftsmanship.

@TexPatriot

Your friend called. He wants to play your favorite game with you.

Corky thatcher, I'm dieing over here

Reactions: Jethro3898
So I got accused by some previous moron to 'jumping to conclusions'. There is no one saying, including the customer, that she was intimidated by the contractor because he had rage issues. Otherwise, as a single, defenseless female that would have been her first excuse for shafting the contractor.

I stand behind my argument because I've witnessed it in construction. A customer doesn't want to pay because 'there are issues.' The contractor asks 'what are the issues' so he can address them. The customer refuses to be specific, won't communicate, answer emails or the phone and gets his product for a huge discount.
Okay not trying to be a dick but you have to admit that is some pretty shitty work.

242104136_4434659129955488_7893729492449520900_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've been ripped off before, still am ripped off. I have enough in pending Liens I could pay cash for a new F-350.

Out of genuine curiosity, why don't you turn the unpaid invoices over to a collection agency?

My experience with liens is limited to oil and gas wells and those were very powerful devices to force a resolution.

But delaying payment and using the shower to see if she likes it will correct that work? If sloppy tilework was the problem, using the shower wasn't the answer.

The customer should have said before the contractor left it looks sloppy and she wants it corrected. Instead, she may have thought it was sloppy but that was a good excuse to blow him off and not pay him, hoping he'd go away. She proved that by using the shower.

Wait, was that you who tiled that shower?

While emotionally satisfying, also a very stupid move on the contractors behalf. Generates serious negative press that's going to stay on the internet for decades. Also likely to result in criminal charges.

To add insult to injury, the contractor will likely be ordered by a court to pay damages to cover repair/replacement costs for everything they damaged.

The right way to handle this is to file a claim in court and put a lean on her house, car, etc and then when she still doesn't pay go back to court and have the county sheriff seize property and auction it to cover all awarded damages.

I'd almost guarantee this gentlemen, while likely justified, will spend some time in jail. Not prison, but likely jail. I'm not familiar with Colorado law but in many states there are specific criminal statutes that cover gaining entry under false pretenses. Then, because he damaged property that was not the tile, his own argument that he was simply repossessing his own property goes out the window.

My guess is they'll give him multiple felony charges and plead it down to misdemeanor(s). On her part, if he hadn't done this a judge likely would have held her to account and now she'll likely not even get a finger wag.

Utilizing the courts is slow but the result is far more satisfying than smashing some tile.

I get burned on invoices all the time. Most of the time I can tell who's going to burn me before I even do the work. I build those losses into my fees to make myself whole. and unfortunately, it's the good clients that actually pay their bill that ultimately take the hit. That's how business works in the US. Inevitable losses from deadbeats get baked into the fees paid by customers that do the right thing. Is it right? Hell no. Do I sometimes fantasize about showing up at someone's house to collect Tony Soprano style? You bet your ass I do. More often than I'd like to admit. It it is what it is though. That's why we take deposits, charge retainers and set up contracts under installment payment schedules to mitigate our risk of loss.

Throwing a temper tantrum and smashing shit is rarely, if ever an acceptable solution to a problem. Whether or not the work was acceptable became largely irrelevant the moment he swung that hammer. The only conclusion I can draw definitely from this shit show is that this guy isn't cut out to run a business. Still made me chuckle though.

While emotionally satisfying, also a very stupid move on the contractors behalf. Generates serious negative press that's going to stay on the internet for decades. Also likely to result in criminal charges.

To add insult to injury, the contractor will likely be ordered by a court to pay damages to cover repair/replacement costs for everything they damaged.

The right way to handle this is to file a claim in court and put a lean on her house, car, etc and then when she still doesn't pay go back to court and have the county sheriff seize property and auction it to cover all awarded damages.

I'd almost guarantee this gentlemen, while likely justified, will spend some time in jail. Not prison, but likely jail. I'm not familiar with Colorado law but in many states there are specific criminal statutes that cover gaining entry under false pretenses. Then, because he damaged property that was not the tile, his own argument that he was simply repossessing his own property goes out the window.

My guess is they'll give him multiple felony charges and plead it down to misdemeanor(s). On her part, if he hadn't done this a judge likely would have held her to account and now she'll likely not even get a finger wag.

Utilizing the courts is slow but the result is far more satisfying than smashing some tile.

I agree, our legal system is FUBAR.

Pay your f****** bills and you can keep your shower.

I don't understand what this contractor's problem is. As far as I'm led to believe, being a contractor is all rubber titties, cocaine, and sitting back collecting money, right? I love working for myself, except for the fucking customers like that twat.

So I got accused by some previous moron to 'jumping to conclusions'. There is no one saying, including the customer, that she was intimidated by the contractor because he had rage issues. Otherwise, as a single, defenseless female that would have been her first excuse for shafting the contractor.

I stand behind my argument because I've witnessed it in construction. A customer doesn't want to pay because 'there are issues.' The contractor asks 'what are the issues' so he can address them. The customer refuses to be specific, won't communicate, answer emails or the phone and gets his product for a huge discount.

If you have to be told that shower job is shit then the guy probably shouldn't be doing tile work.

Reactions: 308pirate
Had some native americans had a front main leak(pvc) so i dug around for 4 hours, found it, repaired the pipe and because the glue had to set, came back the next day to test. Saw a shoe print on the pipe, 3’ in the ground, under a spiny ass bush. Did i mention the plywood on top of the hole? Well, pipe was cracked horizontally. Intook pics of the muddy shoe print, asked her about it and she looked guilty af. Super defensive.

so i said I’d repair it. Go to home depot and get a call. “Don’t go back over there, they have someone replacing the pipe”. Uhhhhhh i just left, thats real interesting….. well i got half paid for it a month later. Shoulda gone and ripped the whole thing out of the ground. Well, guess its not too late haha!

Construction is a racket because all of the contractors think the average homeowner is an idiot and believe what the tradesmen is doing is some sort of magic. If they’d just do a good job they’d have far fewer problems.

The shower was shit work.

Had some native americans had a front main leak(pvc) so i dug around for 4 hours, found it, repaired the pipe and because the glue had to set, came back the next day to test. Saw a shoe print on the pipe, 3’ in the ground, under a spiny ass bush. Did i mention the plywood on top of the hole? Well, pipe was cracked horizontally. Intook pics of the muddy shoe print, asked her about it and she looked guilty af. Super defensive.

so i said I’d repair it. Go to home depot and get a call. “Don’t go back over there, they have someone replacing the pipe”. Uhhhhhh i just left, thats real interesting….. well i got half paid for it a month later. Shoulda gone and ripped the whole thing out of the ground. Well, guess its not too late haha!
I had some native Americans reside my house. I noticed there was a stream of water running down the exterior wall so I pointed it out . They said it had just rained. So I said watch this.
I did an anti rain dance and went in and turned the water off. Wham the rain stopped. They fixed it and I didn’t buy them beer that day.

Oh but wait.....

Anyone want to try and figure out why after demanding money 'communication broke down' after looking at this...

Yeah, I'd come back and hit this shit with a hammer too.
The real crime here is that tile job. Wow. That is the worst hack job i have ever seen with tile. A homeowner with zero trade skills could do that, drunk.
Contractor did her a favor in removing that junk!

Reactions: tomcatmv
I had some native Americans reside my house. I noticed there was a stream of water running down the exterior wall so I pointed it out . They said it had just rained. So I said watch this.
I did an anti rain dance and went in and turned the water off. Wham the rain stopped. They fixed it and I didn’t buy them beer that day.
I refuse to work for a few groups of people. Natives, middle eastern(except india and sikhs) and a few others I don’t need to mention. I am too small to absorb any real losses, although i have. Since I don’t want to end up in prison, i just pass on the work.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Contractor is one stupid fuck, If the contractor truly did the work correctly he can file a lien against the property.
He is now fucked because there are so many bad contractors fucking shit up the homeowner rarely looses in court.

So @TexPatriot was she supposed to pay the contractor for shoddy work?

But the REAL ASSHOLE is whoever let the contractor into the home after the dispute.

I refuse to work for a few groups of people. Natives, middle eastern(except india and sikhs) and a few others I don’t need to mention

Just an FYI, but Indians (of which Sikhs are a subgroup) are not middle eastern.

Reactions: Jgunner
I don't understand what this contractor's problem is. As far as I'm led to believe, being a contractor is all rubber titties, cocaine, and sitting back collecting money, right? I love working for myself, except for the fucking customers like that twat.

Did you see pics of the job?

They are in this thread, you know............

Construction is a racket because all of the contractors think the average homeowner is an idiot and believe what the tradesmen is doing is some sort of magic. If they’d just do a good job they’d have far fewer problems.

The shower was shit work.
The entire world thinks the entire rest of the world is stupid and that it entitles them to screw them over.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
Just an FYI, but Indians (of which Sikhs are a subgroup) are not middle eastern.
Crap Double post..

According to the US Census, some Indians (those from India) are in fact, white people. Along with people from the middle east. Since especially Northern India traces it roots to the first millenial 'Indo-Aryan Invasion/Migration' and that Hindi and many Norhtern Indian Languages are Proto-Indo-European Language group, according to our govt--they are white. (because 3k years ago they came migrated from Iran).

source:
White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian.

Just random stuff that makes me giggle.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, there is an 'asian'

Also tell an Iranian they are Middle Eastern......(After they gut you, they will remind you they are PERSIAN and that you are an uncultured swine).

I'd like to get in on the pool for how many days before he's arrested (because that's what's coming).

My guess is 3.

9/22. Figuring nothing will get done over weekend. They'll start on it Monday/tuesday.

Contractor is one stupid fuck, If the contractor truly did the work correctly he can file a lien against the property.
He is now fucked because there are so many bad contractors fucking shit up the homeowner rarely looses in court.

So @TexPatriot was she supposed to pay the contractor for shoddy work?

But the REAL ASSHOLE is whoever let the contractor into the home after the dispute.
No. Tell him upfront his work is shit and she's not paying for it. Not use the shower to decide if she liked it or not. It's not that difficult to understand.

If you have to be told that shower job is shit then the guy probably shouldn't be doing tile work.
That tile job was shit, no doubt. I've seen better work by do-it-yourselfers. The woman shouldn't have accepted it and used the shower.

I just finished a natural, falling water pool for some people and we put a flat base coat down a couple of days ago on the pool deck with the plan of shooting texture over it the next day, yesterday.

I got some text from the husband that night saying 'This isn't going to work. You built a beautiful pool but this deck frankly looks bad. It looks like painted concrete.' I patiently texted him back and explained to him that it was the base coat rolled on, we are going to shoot textured Kool Deck over it to give it depth and a 2D look.

He apologized and said disregard, he thought we were finished. Thats how you deal with issues.

I've seen contractors fuck up putting their own shoes on. Yes, punch list. I assume everyone is basically an idiot until you prove me otherwise. I'm usually right though.

Also, reading comprehension, it was more than a shower, slick.

Again, this whole scenario doesn't add up.
That's what we assume about home owners too. . (Btw- not a contractor here) Custom Home builder for 20 years and still going strong. You can usually tell the ones who are going to try to beat you out of something early on. There are plenty out there, and plenty of Shitty "contractors" too. It society that's the issue here... that and the Fact that we have imported our labor for 30+ years. It has consequences.... There's almost NO tradesmen who truly know their trade anymore... couple that with everyone wanting the latest and greatest for the cheapest price possible... Here we are... in 20 years I 've been stiffed 2 times. Once was a child support attorney. (I mean, do I need to say more? It was my fault for taking the job). The second was a Roofer, who I found out half way through couldn't get an account with any supplier, had to pay for everything when he got it... he straight up said "listen, I can pay you half of what I owe you (me with all my signed docs in hand) or , I can pay you nothing and you can take me to court and get half anyway plus lawyer fees"

What a pos. I have since figured out how to not be in that situation ever again. Live and learn.

I'm not sure if this was this contractors first tile job or his last.

Exactly why I don't hire contractors if I want it to look like that I can do that myself. Almost always turns out better than 80% of the contractors I've seen. There are some out there that are really good, my brother is a brick layer and I wouldn't want to go toe to toe with his work. There are things I won't do like concrete, brick, block.

With something like that, you never have all the info. What if the home owner supplied the tile and bought that junk? Didn't buy bullnose ? Took pics before it was finished? Did something else to require tile to have to be replaced after it was laid?

There's always 2 sides and almost always, when a situation gets to that level of animosity, both sides have a hand in it.

That said, did she hire the cheapest guy she could find because that's what it looks like. Did she hire a real professional? Doesn't look like it.

IMO- if you hire some jack leg because you are just so sure the professionals are just ripping you off and making too much money...

I laugh at you when you get what you paid for, and I'm not going to come fix it either. I see it all the time. Unlicensed glorified handyman people hire to do skilled work because they don't want to pay a pro... they get what they get, and I laugh it up too!

That's what we assume about home owners too. . (Btw- not a contractor here) Custom Home builder for 20 years and still going strong. You can usually tell the ones who are going to try to beat you out of something early on. There are plenty out there, and plenty of Shitty "contractors" too. It society that's the issue here... that and the Fact that we have imported our labor for 30+ years. It has consequences.... There's almost NO tradesmen who truly know their trade anymore... couple that with everyone wanting the latest and greatest for the cheapest price possible... Here we are... in 20 years I 've been stiffed 2 times. Once was a child support attorney. (I mean, do I need to say more? It was my fault for taking the job). The second was a Roofer, who I found out half way through couldn't get an account with any supplier, had to pay for everything when he got it... he straight up said "listen, I can pay you half of what I owe you (me with all my signed docs in hand) or , I can pay you nothing and you can take me to court and get half anyway plus lawyer fees"

What a pos. I have since figured out how to not be in that situation ever again. Live and learn.
Pool customer before last went over my contract with the specs and details of the pool I was going to build for him. I cut and pasted the equipment list from a previous contract which had a spa. This customer's didn't have a spa. He asked what do I need a blower for. I said 'oops', that was one piece of equipment I missed and failed to back out. It was a good catch on his part which saved me money and showed he read the contract thoroughly.

In bold print it also specified the terns for schedule and payment which clearly states All draws are at the beginning of each Phase.

He asked me when can you start? I told him as soon as I get the contract signed and first draw I can move my equipment and start excavating. He asked 'You expect to get payed before you start?'
Warning sirens and red lights went on. .If he caught the blower detail in a long boring technical list of equipment I knew damn good and well he read the payment terms in bold type.

I called him a little later and told him I didn't think I was a good fit and his project wasn't something I'd be interested in. I'm too old to take the the Rip-off Course all over again.

Last edited:
That tile job was shit, no doubt. I've seen better work by do-it-yourselfers. The woman shouldn't have accepted it and used the shower.

I just finished a natural, falling water pool for some people and we put a flat base coat down a couple of days ago on the pool deck with the plan of shooting texture over it the next day, yesterday.

I got some text from the husband that night saying 'This isn't going to work. You built a beautiful pool but this deck frankly looks bad. It looks like painted concrete.' I patiently texted him back and explained to him that it was the base coat rolled on, we are going to shoot textured Kool Deck over it to give it depth and a 2D look.

He apologized and said disregard, he thought we were finished. Thats how you deal with issues.

Do we know that there was another shower for her to use? Too many unknowns for this but sure didn't stop a lot of people from throwing that lady under the bus. Bottom line is that job was shit and she shouldn't have paid a fucking thing.

Do we know that there was another shower for her to use? Too many unknowns for this but sure didn't stop a lot of people from throwing that lady under the bus. Bottom line is that job was shit and she shouldn't have paid a fucking thing.
Who knows if she had another shower. The point is, she tipped her hand when she gave the excuse for using the shower and not paying "I wanted to see if I liked it."

If it was as obvious to her as others that it was a shit job, she wouldn't need to use the shower and withhold payment to see if she liked it.

The customer, I assume, saw it was crap work otherwise she wouldn't have taken pics before the contractor showed back up. Meanwhile, she figured she got a shower for half price that she was happy to live with and use and there wasn't anything he could do after it was installed. Wrong

I just wish demo-man showed up with his sledge while she was using it. Here's Johnny!

Who knows if she had another shower. The point is, she tipped her hand when she gave the excuse for using the shower and not paying "I wanted to see if I liked it."

If it was as obvious to her as others that it was a shit job, she wouldn't need to use the shower and withhold payment to see if she liked it.

The customer, I assume, saw it was crap work otherwise she wouldn't have taken pics before the contractor showed back up. Meanwhile, she figured she got a shower for half price that she was happy to live with and use and there wasn't anything he could do after it was installed. Wrong

I just wish demo-man showed up with his sledge while she was using it. Here's Johnny!
Either way, the mother fucking hacks need to go work in fast food where it is acceptable to fuck shit up. You can defend this all you want, it tells me that you are fine with a "contractor" doing shit work and expecting them to pay in full.

Note to self, don't hire texpatriot for anything 😂😂😂

Reactions: RedBaron
Either way, the mother fucking hacks need to go work in fast food where it is acceptable to fuck shit up. You can defend this all you want, it tells me that you are fine with a "contractor" doing shit work and expecting them to pay in full.

Note to self, don't hire texpatriot for anything 😂😂😂
LOL, like you could afford my work. You can't even comprehend what I've been saying repeatedly that the tile work was sub standard. Do you work in fast food?

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
LOL, like you could afford my work. You can't even comprehend what I've been saying repeatedly that the tile work was sub standard. Do you work in fast food?
I love fucking idiots that assume what a complete stranger can afford😂😂😂 If you think she was going to enjoy a half price shower, it shows how fucking dumb you are. The fucking thing would leak and cause a hell of a lot more damage than the cost of the job even if she paid in full. You are a fucking moron defending a fucking hack....end of story.

I'm done arguing with a fucking idiot so have a great evening.

I retired as a Lineman for an electrical utility. I was a licensed Electrician before I started there and continued to run a sideline electrical business. I never got beat but it was tried on me a few times. One I remember was I went out after work one evening to work on an electric well. I got it repaired and mailed the guy a bill later. I think the part was $190 and a service call was an additional $50. My Wife mailed the customer a bill every month for three months and then She called him to ask about it. He got smart with Her on the phone. She then gave him 5 days to pay up before I returned to repo the part and advised him that I repo'ed like a house trailer company and he would not like that. He ask how a house trailer company repo'ed and She informed him that they cut off everything above the ground and drag it off. He said that I couldn't do that and She said yes he can and he's good at it. I got a check that week! True story!!!

I love fucking idiots that assume what a complete stranger can afford😂😂😂 If you think she was going to enjoy a half price shower, it shows how fucking dumb you are. The fucking thing would leak and cause a hell of a lot more damage than the cost of the job even if she paid in full. You are a fucking moron defending a fucking hack....end of story.

I'm done arguing with a fucking idiot so have a great evening.
Except thats exactly what she was doing you fucking moron.

I'm glad Burger King hires 'special' people like yourself that are reading comprehension challenged.
Bless your heart.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
How long was she “waiting too pay till she decided she liked it”?

If it was more than a couple days or a weekend, good smash.

Reactions: TexPatriot
How long was she “waiting too pay till she decided she liked it”?

If it was more than a couple days or a weekend, good smash.
That contractor fuc't his life up good. If he was a gun owner and Trump voter, he can kiss that part of his life goodbye. They'll up the charge to a felony just to make sure he'll never be either after they get through with him.

That contractor fuc't his life up good. If he was a gun owner and Trump voter, he can kiss that part of his life goodbye. They'll up the charge to a felony just to make sure he'll never be either after they get through with him.

funny, because if it went the other way and they just refused to pay him, the blue boyz would just “it’s a civil matter” it

Reactions: TexPatriot
I own small plumbing company been in business since 2001 most of my business has been new construction, renovations, and some service and repair. I have been burned a few times, but one time I had a GC try to fuck me out of the last amount of money he owed me about $2K. It was a kitchen and master bath remodel with removing a tank type water heater from the garage and adding a exterior tankless water heater.

Long story short he kept giving me the run around this went on for about four weeks. I knew he was just about finished with the whole job, but hadn't received his final payment from the home owners so I knew if I had a chance of him paying me it was now or never. When nobody was on the job I rigged the tankless water heater to where it wouldn't work. I did it by unplugging a wire from the control board to the igniter, but didn't totally unplug it just enough to where it wasn't making contact so if someone pulled the front panel off and looked for anything nothing stood out.

Anyway sure enough I get a phone call from cock sucker telling me the home owners called and said they weren't getting any hot water. I said it was working six weeks ago when I tested it out after installing it. He said yea its been working fine, but now the home owner won't pay him the final amount they owe him because of the new tankless water heater not working he asked me to come take a look at it. I said ok sure only if you meet me over there with $2K cash would I even think about it.

He shows up with my $2K I plug wire back together and tell him to loose my number.