• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Convice me I need an AR

Re: Convice me I need an AR

HAHA! Ok thanks guys. The training class would be fun and is still a consideration but im just not sure. I want a 5.56 upper just because it makes a big boom yet is still fairly cheap to shoot. I want a .22lr AR because its cheap and i would be able to shoot it A LOT but at the end of the day its only a .22lr and just isnt as accurate or able to shoot as far as a 5.56 version, A .22 Ar would pretty much be like my 10/22 in the end, just a .22 but the 5.56 might not get shot a whole bunch.

The AR is possibly the most entertaining to choose parts for, to build... it's like a Barbie for men. I'm constantly thinking about what my next build will include... loads of fun.

Shooting though, I think a scoped long distance bolt gun can't be beat.
smile.gif

Well, I Do have plenty of scoped bolt guns for most all of my shooting desires but Im looking for something that is both fun as well as usefull. I dont own any guns (other than shotguns) with iron sights. It would definately give me something to learn on.

If you enjoy shooting and hiking a lot I would definitely get a nice AR carbine. Fun to shoot, light and you will enjoy plinking and hiking with it. Go for it man!

You probably do not need on and I probably don't need the six I have or the next four I am going to build. BUT I was just going into college when Bill Clinton signed the AWB, and was just getting interested in Semi-Autos, I do not want to be left without again. It is likely that some day the government will say NO MORE! Get one while you can, they are great fun. I am a long range guy at heart and still love to shoot the AR's out to 600 yds and ring the steel.

My 18yr old had no use for them because as he said "It is not as accurate as my bolt guns"until the day I gave him a 30 round mag, my 18" AR and some 600 yd steel and said give it a try. After the noise stopped he handed it back with a HUGE SMILE on his face and said "OK I need one of these, that was AWSOME!'

Do what you want, but remember someday you will want one, GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
GET IT WHILE YOU CAN! </div></div>

That right there I think is one of the biggest sellers for me. Even if i cant afford to shoot it as much as I would like too I dont want to keep holding off and then not be able to purchase one or shoot one at all.