• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Correlation between smokers and being a pig? (rant)

zeroz

3m ta3
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
South central, co
Why is it almost every time I have to clean up trash, brass and hulls from my shooting spots on BLM, there are cig butts and wrappers all over the place too? Different cig brands and ammo types too, so I don't think its the same offenders. Went out this morning for some training and there were 300 hulls and a bunch of aluminum case 10mm shells to pick up, along with cig butts and a couple cig boxes. What is it with smokers littering like a motherfucker? They throw cig butts out the window all the time and don't give a shit.

If you're a smoker that throws butts out the window and leaves a trail of fucking trash everywhere you go, what gives? Why the fuck do you think this is OK? Stop being dickheads and manage your trash! You think its clean around you because you're the first guy to ever think of going there to shoot? Maybe I'm extra pissy this time because they didn't leave me fresh .223 and 9mm brass but damnit man, pick up your shit!!

smokers and everyone else. roads are littered with fast food bags and wrappers, soda and beer cans, and cigarette butts. don't get why folks just can't take their trash home and throw it away vs streetside. or dump it at the gas station trash can when filling up.

it seems like expensive cars don't have ashtrays, as i see butts thrown out of them more than old crap cars.

This you OP

Attachments

• 23827CB6-E7C4-41C5-AA67-2D93B1800098.gif
    23827CB6-E7C4-41C5-AA67-2D93B1800098.gif
    627.9 KB · Views: 75
When I used to smoke I would field strip it and throw the butts in the trash. Never smoked in my car.

Doc

Reactions: Limedust
When I used to smoke I would field strip it and throw the butts in the trash. Never smoked in my car.

Doc
I quit smoking almost 30 years ago. I field dressed my butts and stuck them in my pocket when outdoors. In my vehicle I would knock the fire out and put the butts in the ashtray. It's rude for smokers to throw butts on the ground, and during dry times, throwing them out the car window starts fires.

Smoke all you want I have no issue with that.

I think private businesses should be allowed to cater to the smoking population.....dont like smoke? Dont go there and dont work there. Its fucked Ma Government has a say in making you enjoy your lawful habit out in the street.

My business has me often approach cars to speak to the person driving. It does irk me to a great degree when before I get up to the window to speak with the driver my conversation is preceded by a lit butt flying outside the vehicle.

It is not appreciated when if safe to do so they are asked to retrieve it and questioned why they didnt just throw it on the floor of their car.

Of course the answer is they didnt want to get the car dirty but it was okay to make the world dirty.

I had a friend that lived on a busy road.....the trash o n his front lawn was pretty much limited to cig butts. Those fuckers wont get sucked up by a mower and they have a half life similar to plutonium. If he dint go out and rake the butts and hand dispose of them Im sure his yard would have been paved in tar filled filters.

In the military, I always hated being detailed to pick up cigarette butts. I always asked the question why don't you have the asshole (s) who smoke go and do it. Unfortunately, most of those in charge at the time smoked.

I always thought to myself, if I were a Judge, anyone caught littering that came before me, your punishment wouldn't be some half-ass fine, it would be supervised community service, and you would be out there for 40-hours picking up trash on the side of the road, rain or shine, no exceptions.

You should see what comes through into water treatment facilities in cities. There's a layer of floating cig butts.

I remain confused why cigs are not required by regulation to have biodegradable filters. They're fiberglass now.

Reactions: oneshot86
Think about all the jobs created by litter...probably 10s of thousands at least.

I spent an afternoon cleaning up butts in the back yard of our rental property. Then I got to the fire pit and started on the broken glass, and the bags of trash stacked along the side of the garage. I don't think their smoking was the reason they were trashy, but it certainly contributed the amount of trash they had to throw around. It was pretty sad to get back there when we got them out and see what they had done to my yard. Dogs dug huge holes and chewed up foam pads all over everything. The lawn was mostly gone. The next lazy bitch wasn't quite as bad, but she didn't even work in the summer and couldn't get off her ass to turn a sprinkler, unless we called and chewed her out. The new guy is the shit. 20 something professional, church goer, small town kid. It shows, he is as worried about my stuff as I am. Just like i was always taught, if its someone else's treat it better than you would your own.

There was nice big pile of butts at the parking area in the middle off the last big river bottom fire we had.

Face diapers are the new cigarette butts. Freaking things are everywhere.
CDC guidelines released today say you need two masks now. Science said its our best protection. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: A single 1 micron filter, is a 1 micron filter. One hundred 1 micron filters in a row is, drum roll please........a 1 micron filter.

21 years active duty and I never once picked up a cigarette butt.
Trash, FOD, hell yes but I drew the line on cigs.

Everywhere I go now, the side of the road is covered in litter.
Disgusting.
I've noticed Smoky is now going to the parking lot and there are no butts laying around the firing line.

You should see what comes through into water treatment facilities in cities. There's a layer of floating cig butts.

I remain confused why cigs are not required by regulation to have biodegradable filters. They're fiberglass now.

Nope.
Nope.
Nope.

Unless your water intake is really filthy...you are referring to wastewater treatment facilities, or now more social justice correct, water reclamation facilities.

Nope, in 33 years, I never saw cig filters "floating" in the influent. Once waterlogged, they actually sink. I did see a few in the grit pile, from grit removal.

Nope, they are made of cellulose acetate, some rayon in there too...no fiberglass.

I sure hope you know more about firearms.

My range takes a dim look at this type of action on the line. It possible to get a nasty letter followed by suspension.

If they still served up everything in plain brown paper, it would actually be good for the vegetation in the bar pit to litter.

I saw a lady drop her strawberries on the ground, she picked them up and threw them in the trash. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I've had a couple people toss a butt out of their car window in a parking lot right in front of me. As a courtesy, I picked it up with a simple "Here - you dropped something." and tossed it back in their car. Just being kind and they get soooo pissed...
Best keep that to sanfran.

Let’s go one step farther, the dippers. Don’t spit your shit on the ground where I have to walk. I walk in your dip shit, your dip shit gets on my boots, my boots go in my truck, your dip shit goes in my truck. Have at least a small amount of courtesy, don’t be a dip shitter.

Why is it almost every time I have to clean up trash, brass and hulls from my shooting spots on BLM, there are cig butts and wrappers all over the place too? Different cig brands and ammo types too, so I don't think its the same offenders. Went out this morning for some training and there were 300 hulls and a bunch of aluminum case 10mm shells to pick up, along with cig butts and a couple cig boxes. What is it with smokers littering like a motherfucker? They throw cig butts out the window all the time and don't give a shit.

If you're a smoker that throws butts out the window and leaves a trail of fucking trash everywhere you go, what gives? Why the fuck do you think this is OK? Stop being dickheads and manage your trash! You think its clean around you because you're the first guy to ever think of going there to shoot? Maybe I'm extra pissy this time because they didn't leave me fresh .223 and 9mm brass but damnit man, pick up your shit!!
Did you keep the 10mm?

The fiberglass give the smokers cancer which gives the medical field a boost.

Quit nearly 40 years back and never missed it.

smoke the pig then there is no argument . 😊 😊 🤪

1612999823680.png
it looks absolutely agreeable and edible

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
I am trying like hell to quit. I am a very conscientious smoker, almost to the point of being a closet smoker. Oh and I don’t think I am a pig. Lol 😂

Let’s go one step farther, the dippers. Don’t spit your shit on the ground where I have to walk. I walk in your dip shit, your dip shit gets on my boots, my boots go in my truck, your dip shit goes in my truck. Have at least a small amount of courtesy, don’t be a dip shitter.

You can't possibly be serious.

You know, I understand the cigarette butt thing, which is why I dont necessarily lump butt complainers in the "miserable bastard" category.
But "your dip gets on my shoes"? Holy shit....you are miserable aintcha.

Back when I was getting paid to baby sit idiots, (LE) I spent hours digging through trash dumps in the woods looking for ID. Most of the time I'd find it. The stories you would hear when you tracked down the owner were priceless. Ron White could have made a million retelling them. They had no idea how their trash could have got there, but they would be happy to go pick it up. As I'd turn to walk away, I'd stop and ask if they wanted to know where it was so they could find it. Funny they hadn't asked where it was.
My favorite was to be pulled up alongside a boat talking with a fisherman and have them flip a butt in the water. Of course they had never done that before, but could not show you the others they kept in the boat. Cheap entertainment, at least for me.
Damn I'm glad I don't have to deal with those assholes any more!

Reactions: Alpine 338

Doc
I'm still a smoker and still field strip my shit, stick the filters in my pocket (pisses the wifey off when I forget to dump em). Don't smoke in my vehicles. Last time I smoked in a vehicle, I was an OTR truck driver. But, I do go out of my way and make sure my trash is policed. Mac

Reactions: AManWearingAHat
Back when I was getting paid to baby sit idiots, (LE) I spent hours digging through trash dumps in the woods looking for ID. Most of the time I'd find it. The stories you would hear when you tracked down the owner were priceless. Ron White could have made a million retelling them. They had no idea how their trash could have got there, but they would be happy to go pick it up. As I'd turn to walk away, I'd stop and ask if they wanted to know where it was so they could find it. Funny they hadn't asked where it was.
My favorite was to be pulled up alongside a boat talking with a fisherman and have them flip a butt in the water. Of course they had never done that before, but could not show you the others they kept in the boat. Cheap entertainment, at least for me.
Damn I'm glad I don't have to deal with those assholes any more!
Found some trash complete with empty cigarette packs dumped out on my land this afternoon with name and address. This particular lowlife tresspassing litterbug I know personally.
So, I took pics, bagged it up, and headed off to returned it to its rightful owner.
No use calling LE to handle it, they claim their hands are tied unless the litterbugs are caught in the act by the landowner or on a game camera. 😠😠
20210210_173851.jpg
20210210_173901.jpg

Nope.
Nope.
Nope.

Unless your water intake is really filthy...you are referring to wastewater treatment facilities, or now more social justice correct, water reclamation facilities.

Nope, in 33 years, I never saw cig filters "floating" in the influent. Once waterlogged, they actually sink. I did see a few in the grit pile, from grit removal.

Nope, they are made of cellulose acetate, some rayon in there too...no fiberglass.

I sure hope you know more about firearms.

Why are people on this forum so bitter?

You can't possibly be serious.

You know, I understand the cigarette butt thing, which is why I dont necessarily lump butt complainers in the "miserable bastard" category.
But "your dip gets on my shoes"? Holy shit....you are miserable aintcha.
Dip shitter, I take it? 🤣🤣

You know who throws butts on the ground? Fuckers that never got in trouble as a kid and had to walk around town with a five gallon bucket for cigarette butts, and wasn’t done till it was full, and no emptying ashtrays either! You know how many cigarettes it takes to fill up a five gallon bucket?! A BUTTLOAD!

You actually believe this is nastiest thing you're subject to step in in your travels?
Tobacco juice actually has antifungal/antibacterial properties. So "dip s#!t" as you call it just may be one of the more sanitary substances you could step in.
If you're that germaphobic about whats on the bottoms of your boots maybe you should think about consulting one of them Indian gurus about learning how to levitate.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: James Abram
I'm still a smoker and still field strip my shit, stick the filters in my pocket (pisses the wifey off when I forget to dump em). Don't smoke in my vehicles. Last time I smoked in a vehicle, I was an OTR truck driver. But, I do go out of my way and make sure my trash is policed. Mac
Yeah. Wife always hates when she doing laundry and they would fall out of my multicam uniform pockets and end up in the dryer.

Doc

Reactions: 10ring'r