• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cosine Indicator - mount on rail or scope?

ThomasA

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
I'm trying to learn more about cosine indicators. I know their benefit, but is there any other way of figuring angle without them?

Also, this is on a gas gun using a ADM 20moa scope mount. the only way to read an accurate cosine would be to somehow mount it on the scope, correct? Since it is canted, but the rail on the firearm is not.

-Thomas

Re: Cosine Indicator - mount on rail or scope?

When using a scope mounted ACI, the cant of the base doesn't matter as long as the rail itself is level when the indicator is set to "0". My take is that the ACI scope mounted versions work better than the direct rail mount. Specifically, I have a few of the Badger Ordnance type where the ACI mounts on a special rear upper scope ring. Depending on the type scope you have and whether you might have a bubble level (or something else, such as BUIS) mounted on the rail, there may not be enough room on the rail to mount the ACI, or the ACI mount itself may be too tall to fit under the end of the scope.

Scope mount.. I had a horus and the base mount just wouldn't hold up.. Once I got the scope mount i have never looked back!

For the purpose of PR shooting, mounting an ACI on even a 45MOA base only introduces 3/4 of ONE degree into your indicator. Furthermore, if you happen to be using a Badger Ord. ACI, you can loosen the cap which has the red indicator marking on it and set it to zero after you intoduce a whopping 3/4 of one degree into the system.

In short, buy a Badger Ord. ACI, Install it, Zero it.... Be done.

Roger that. I wasn't aware they could be zeroed. Which eliminates my question completely. Thanks much, sir.
-Thomas