• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Now shipping​

As some of you have found out, we started shipping the Coup De Grâce. We're still not up to full speed but at least two hundred or so orders will be filled over the next few days. Please don't ask us when yours will ship because that will only cause delays for everyone. ARC team is working hard to get these to you. As for me, not so much. I'm been feeling rather unproductive lately but yesterday I did come up with an idea that will triple the productivity of one of our finishing machines. So maybe I get to keep my job.

Things have actually gone surprisingly well. We would have started shipping two weeks ago had we not experienced a problem with final finishing which was extremely disappointing, and scary. I feel better now because our supplier really stepped up with corrective action, as did we, and my confidence in our ability to produce these in higher volumes is increasing.

Thanks for patiently waiting for delivery and for the trust you have placed in ARC by sending your hard earned dollars. I think you guys will be happy with the actions you receive. And thank you for some of the more entertaining posts within this thread. Supersubes' pup is a super cutie. And as for fclassparadise, maybe ease up on him. You guys can be brutal.

images

Now shipping​

As some of you have found out, we started shipping the Coup De Grâce. We're still not up to full speed but at least two hundred or so orders will be filled over the next few days. Please don't ask us when yours will ship because that will only cause delays for everyone. ARC team is working hard to get these to you. As for me, not so much. I'm been feeling rather unproductive lately but yesterday I did come up with an idea that will triple the productivity of one of our finishing machines. So maybe I get to keep my job.

Things have actually gone surprisingly well. We would have started shipping two weeks ago had we not experienced a problem with final finishing which was extremely disappointing, and scary. I feel better now because our supplier really stepped up with corrective action, as did we, and my confidence in our ability to produce these in higher volumes is increasing.

Thanks for patiently waiting for delivery and for the trust you have placed in ARC by sending your hard earned dollars. I think you guys will be happy with the actions you receive. And thank you for some of the more entertaining posts within this thread. Supersubes' pup is a super cutie. And as for fclassparadise, maybe ease up on him. You guys can be brutal.

images

Are you shipping Right Hand Short Actions or are some of the left hand and long actions included?

And if you ordered a short and a long are they shipping separately or with the short be held until the longs are done?

Last edited:

Now shipping​

images
Ease up on him!?!? C’mon man!

First it looks like a fantastic action!

For that sort of money though I would want a forged one piece bolt.

I would want the action to be forged.

At this price point I do not want a floating bolt head I can get that is a cheap Savage!

It has too much in common with far cheaper actions for me to pay what they are asking. For a premium price I expect premium manufacturing methods and a bolt made up from component pieces is not premium at all the is cheap way of building up a bolt.

My critique is not at all meant to take anything away from this or to minimize some ones else's desire for it. Unlike people that want to endless shit on my Savage builds that is not what I am trying to do here.

Sadly these are not even images of the real thing just CAD or SOlid Works design drawings. I would be willing to bet the inside of it looks similar to what you would expect to see if looking from the receiver face into the action that you would expect to see on a Savage and not what you would see with a CZ, BRNO, Mauser, Winchester Pre-64 Model 70, Ruger M77 Mkii or a Howa 1500 etc....

So what I see is that they have taken the over all design elements of a Savage added an integral recoil lug like a Howa, Mauser 98, Win Pre-64 and integrated pic rail and made it fit a Rem 700 foot print. They have taken design elements from Savage and other modern non-forged built up component bolt assembly. They have then taken these elements and machined them with precision.

I do not think it is worth $899 by a long shot. For me this is at best worth $500 maybe $600 tops but only if they tossed in steel bottom metal and a match grade trigger.

I think they have taken too many cost saving measures for me to see it as a truly premium action. I bet their is a lot of casting's or MIM parts in this assembly as well! I do not know that to be fact though that is assumption on my part. How the parts are made matters to me when considering price point! Billet, bar stock, MIM and castings can not compare to forged parts. I expect a lot for an action that does not come with bottom metal or a trigger that is near $1000.
You definitely had one to many Bud Lights before posting this.

Last edited:
So, got to rub my pecker on it a bit. Im
Not sure what final finish issues Ted and the crew had, but this thing is beautiful! Every bit as pretty as the renderings. Kinda grey/black in color. Interestingly, the entire receiver body has a melted/dehorned look. Not sure how they do that, tumbling perhaps, but its very consistent across the entire receiver. Detail work, small radiuses, broken edges, and serrations are everywhere. You all will have to see this for yourselves, I dont think anyone else has even tried to do something like this. I recall seeing these details in the renderings and thinking a lot of that wouldn’t make it to production. The only sharp edges on the whole thing are the serrations on the bolt release lever. Only tool marks noted are on the nose of the bolt, and the rear face of the cocking piece. The bolt face is smooth.

I dont think anyone will be disappointed in the bolt lift. I’ll do some comparisons tonight, but if its not the lightest three lug out, its right there in the running. Seems in the realm of a very good two lug to me. The full diameter bolt is legit. This is how a bolt should feel during fore and aft movement! This is the pivoting bolt version, and seems like it has more primary extraction than the Arc did(.150” vs .060-.080). Could just be my recollection from the early versions I had here when they first came out.

The ejection port seems massive. This is a short action, and thats a 7 PRC cartridge in the Pic.

I really appreciate the aesthetics, especially the treatment to the rear bridge, tang, and shroud. Has a classy vintage look to my eye, and totally unique. I really like the Zermatt Origins, but side by side they look like they're $1000 apart. I can’t believe they can make this for a $900 retail. Very happy I decided to order a long version a few minutes after I ordered this one. Congrats to Ted and Crew!

I wont be able to spin a barrel for this one for a few weeks, so you guys with prefits will probably beat me to that.

The Alpha numeric serial number seems coded in some way. Ted @karagias can you tell us how the numbers work?

Only had a short time to play with it after the dog was done. If anyone has any questions or pic requests, please ask.

7A76ADAB-6E90-4348-93A7-574BBA967D60.jpeg
A8D0807F-9450-4776-8F14-338FDCE85846.jpeg
EA491802-C7AC-4299-A9D8-BE1B1F184898.jpeg
55565DB9-1AD7-4475-87CE-7DF39DB2AC7A.jpeg

C24F29FE-6C93-42A8-8571-29C1E7759DCE.jpeg

557EA00C-D5B5-413E-A2AB-83D0DFA303A8.jpeg

6AB0DAB2-DE68-4809-AEEA-CEAFAAA84A5F.jpeg
76AEF41D-A597-4B30-94F6-9B93B6CD3DF9.jpeg
C2C7B024-E671-48EF-B1FE-01FF49E8CE24.jpeg
DB427A9B-7354-43DB-821E-66D6306D74E5.jpeg
F94239B7-0D13-4BE4-B046-5CA7A264DAC3.jpeg
61469F7B-F28E-42A8-A182-8AF6764EA690.jpeg

891C8BB1-887A-4EC0-9DA9-72A2A04DCFCF.jpeg
1E6C1A7A-48DD-4414-B893-A67DF0B4D235.jpeg
2F9F3D63-0DD4-4070-8A33-8728135C2EB1.jpeg
628B7475-DD44-4065-A649-44316CC6783D.jpeg
859EFA04-D4CE-49D8-8295-7207C94F73AF.jpeg

CC973319-1524-46C9-87C1-69F48D80CEDC.jpeg
E143FA0E-8055-472A-9997-4665F7B67B61.jpeg

C4A569E5-B18B-442F-84D1-9A0EA681A7C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure what final finish issues Ted and the crew had, but this thing is beautiful! Every bit as pretty as the renderings. Kinda grey/black in color. Interestingly, the entire receiver body has a melted/dehorned look. Not sure how they do that, tumbling perhaps, but its very consistent across the entire receiver. Detail work, small radiuses, and serrations are everywhere. You all will have to see this for yourselves, I dont think anyone else has even tried to to something like this. The only sharp edges on the whole thing are the serrations on the bolt release lever. Only tool marks noted are on the nose of the bolt, and the rear face of the cocking piece. The bolt face is smooth.

I dont think anyone will be disappointed in the bolt lift. I’ll do some comparisons tonight, but if its not the lightest three lug out, its right there in the running. Seems in the realm of a very good two lug to me. The full diameter bolt is legit. This is how a bolt should feel during fore and aft movement!

The ejection port seems massive. This is a short action, and thats a 7 PRC cartridge in the Pic.

I really appreciate the aesthetics, especially the treatment to the rear bridge, tang, and shroud. Has a classy vintage look to my eye, and totally unique. I really like the Zermatt Origins, but side by side they look like theure $1000 apart. I can’t believe they can make this for a $900 retail. Very happy I decided to order a long version a few minutes after I ordered this one. Congrats to Ted and Crew!

I wont be able to spin a barrel for this one for a few weeks, so you guys with prefits will probably beat me to that.

The Alpha numeric serial number seems coded in some way. Ted @karagias can you tell us how the numbers work?

Only had a short time to play with after the dog was done with it. If anyone has any questions or pic requests, please ask.

View attachment 8129009View attachment 8129010View attachment 8129011View attachment 8129012
View attachment 8129021
View attachment 8129022
View attachment 8129014View attachment 8129015View attachment 8129016View attachment 8129017View attachment 8129018View attachment 8129019

View attachment 8129023View attachment 8129024View attachment 8129026View attachment 8129027View attachment 8129025

View attachment 8129028View attachment 8129029

View attachment 8129030View attachment 8129031
Well, ain't that some shit!!!

Reactions: lash
Not sure what final finish issues Ted and the crew had, but this thing is beautiful! Every bit as pretty as the renderings. Kinda grey/black in color. Interestingly, the entire receiver body has a melted/dehorned look. Not sure how they do that, tumbling perhaps, but its very consistent across the entire receiver. Detail work, small radiuses, and serrations are everywhere. You all will have to see this for yourselves, I dont think anyone else has even tried to to something like this. The only sharp edges on the whole thing are the serrations on the bolt release lever. Only tool marks noted are on the nose of the bolt, and the rear face of the cocking piece. The bolt face is smooth.

I dont think anyone will be disappointed in the bolt lift. I’ll do some comparisons tonight, but if its not the lightest three lug out, its right there in the running. Seems in the realm of a very good two lug to me. The full diameter bolt is legit. This is how a bolt should feel during fore and aft movement! This is the pivoting bolt version. This seems like it has more primary extraction than the Arc did, but could just be my recollection from the early versions I had here when they first came out.

I really appreciate the aesthetics, especially the treatment to the rear bridge, tang, and shroud. Has a classy vintage look to my eye, and totally unique. I really like the Zermatt Origins, but side by side they look like theure $1000 apart. I can’t believe they can make this for a $900 retail. Very happy I decided to order a long version a few minutes after I ordered this one. Congrats to Ted and Crew!

Only had a short time to play with after the dog was done with it. If anyone has any questions or pic requests, please ask.

View attachment 8129009View attachment 8129010View attachment 8129011View attachment 8129012
View attachment 8129021
View attachment 8129022
View attachment 8129014View attachment 8129015View attachment 8129016View attachment 8129017View attachment 8129018View attachment 8129019

View attachment 8129023View attachment 8129024View attachment 8129026View attachment 8129027View attachment 8129025

Congrats, mate. Fucking wonderful.

I dont think anyone will be disappointed in the bolt lift. I’ll do some comparisons tonight, but if its not the lightest three lug out, its right there in the running. Seems in the realm of a very good two lug to me. The full diameter bolt is legit. This is how a bolt should feel during fore and aft movement! This is the pivoting bolt version. This seems like it has more primary extraction than the Arc did, but could just be my recollection from the early versions I had here when they first came out.

View attachment 8129021
View attachment 8129022

1682564717566.gif

Reactions: D_TROS

... And as for fclassparadise, maybe ease up on him. You guys can be brutal. ....
To possibly catch you up slightly it wasn't just his post in this thread. Dude has 4 other threads in Bolt Action along the same lines as that post above. He is lucky none of those threads have been moved to the Bear Pit. From what I have seen the rest have been trying to behave. None of those threads have risen to Legendary status and at least 3 have the potential if they weren't in Bolt Action.

Btw great looking action! I didn't order one but have been following this thread the whole time. Thanks for the solid modeling drawings. Helps see things better.

And now ignoring the fool and back to your regularly scheduled thread......

Are you shipping Right Hand Short Actions or are some of the left hand and long actions included?

And if you ordered a short and a long are they shipping separately or with the short be held until the longs are done?
It was stated early on that left hand actions would be after the right hand actions and the long actions months beyond that. I ordered a long action and honestly don’t expect shipping activity until maybe fall. More likely it will be my Christmas present. I’m fine with that though even I’ll admit that seeing those pictures made me drool a little on my shirt.

It was stated early on that left hand actions would be after the right hand actions and the long actions months beyond that. I ordered a long action and honestly don’t expect shipping activity until maybe fall. More likely it will be my Christmas present. I’m fine with that though even I’ll admit that seeing those pictures made me drool a little on my shirt.

That’s what I was inquiring about, I have a short and long on order and wasn’t sure if they were going to hold the short and ship them together or send the short then the long.

That’s what I was inquiring about, I have a short and long on order and wasn’t sure if they were going to hold the short and ship them together or send the short then the long.
That is probably something best addressed with ARC directly.

I'm super excited now. I just hope my 30moa gets shipped out along with the other RH short actions. Ordered mine at an hour after initial release.

Reactions: Caldeio
That is probably something best addressed with ARC directly.
I know that’s why my original post was quoting Ted, I didn’t want to bother them while they are shipping actions and he will either eventually see it and respond or I’ll get a shipping notice. Either way will answer my question and with my wedding next week I’m not in any rush to get it.

I highly doubt they’re gonna hold one till they have both. Your long could be a very long ways out.

I figured but if the longs were closer to being done than originally planned they might. I haven’t called to check as I didn’t want to take up their time figuring they would get here when they get here.

I've gotten shipping notices last night. It's on the way to my smith.
Thank's, That answers my next question. I was wondering if the notice would go to the buyer or FFL. My FFL hasn't gotten anything.......Oh the drama! I think I'm about as excited about this action as I was about the first rifle I got that was really mine......

Thank's, That answers my next question. I was wondering if the notice would go to the buyer or FFL. My FFL hasn't gotten anything.......Oh the drama! I think I'm about as excited about this action as I was about the first rifle I got that was really mine......
Buyer for sure.

I wonder if Ted is doing something different with heat treat or making these bolts from a different steel than previous actions?

Unless @Supersubes dog chewed the nitride off the bolt it appears to be uncoated.

All of my current actions from ARC have either Nitrided or DLC bolts.

The bolt In the rendering is uncoated, but the one TED showed in his assembly video appeared to be Nitride as well as the CDG Vudu pictured from shot.

Not criticizing, just an observation. I know its not needed & can hit whatever hardness number they deem necessary without coating.

Im gonna need snowshoes to reach the streams I want to fish, but the weather is beautiful though. The snow is keeping the tourists away, which makes it extra nice. Brook and rainbow trout.
View attachment 8129620
That is gonna be a tough one...

PVA got 6mm steel Ospreys back in stock. Ordered a 6mm Creedmoor for my CDG. They were super responsive answering my noob questions.

I wish they would say how many actions were sold the first day
If you confirm that you ordered at 08:50am pst, and that you haven’t got any shipping notice as of yet, since my order went through at 9am they still have to ship the first hour of the preorder...So the ‘trickle out’ term @usmc45 used was not inappropriate. This does not answer your questions, but still we’re in the hundreds, @karagias said two hundred or so, and that lead me to think about four to five hundred actions. In the end stay calm, sit back and relax, and if another troll shows up, well, is their problem…the can of worms is here…