• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

You win. If yours looks like that, PM me and I’ll take it off your hands for what you paid for it. Problem solved. 👍🏻
I did say I wasn't worried about it, but I do think it important to keep manufacturers to task with QC. Or the deal we get isn't quite a deal anymore. I have the skill & ability to fix blemishes like that. I would just prefer I didn't have to.

Last edited:
The bolt face looks pristine.
You know what the bolt face is, don't you? I mean, you wouldn't be posting if you didn't know what the a bolt face was, would you?
Oh you going to launch an argument in the minutia of nomenclature when everybody knows what the fuck we are talking about. That was a red hot sizzling "Point of Order" you had there. I am so proud of you. I know what comes next, if I misspell a word, or have a grammor error...

I would personally prefer it didn’t have tool marks at all.

The bolt nose is far different than the face for where I’d rather have them though.

I’ve bought more expensive actions with more tooling marks, but I didn’t like that either.

I’m more bummed about the super700 incompatibility

I would personally prefer it didn’t have tool marks at all.

The bolt nose is far different than the face for where I’d rather have them though.

I’ve bought more expensive actions with more tooling marks, but I didn’t like that either.

I’m more bummed about the super700 incompatibility
I think this will be dealt with. No reason why it should be that way. As complicated as the machining is all over this thing, the bolt nose marks seem like a fluke to me.

On the Super 700, I think it will be doable with a hanger alteration. Also confirmed last week Geiselle is bringing it back after they refine the design.

I think this will be dealt with. No reason why it should be that way. As complicated as the machining is all over this thing, the bolt nose marks seem like a fluke to me.

Agree, and I don’t understand why we wouldn’t want them too.

On the Super 700, I think it will be doable with a hanger alteration.

Good
Also confirmed last week Geiselle is bringing it back after they refine the design.
GREAT

I think I really fucked up order 30moa rails. All my boys who ordered 20moa after me, have received their shipment notifications, my 2 still say in preparation. Lovely.......I need an extra magnun bolt face, wonder when those will be available.

Reactions: Awag1000
I think I really fucked up order 30moa rails. All my boys who ordered 20moa after me, have received their shipment notifications, my 2 still say in preparation. Lovely.......I need an extra magnun bolt face, wonder when those will be available.
I have that same feeling. I ordered a 30moa SA; Hopefully it's soon that they ship out.

I did say I wasn't worried about it, but I do think it important to keep manufacturers to task with QC. Or the deal we get isn't quite a deal anymore. I have the skill & ability to fix blemishes like that. I would just prefer I didn't have to.
I have no doubt that bold head passed QC.

I have that same feeling. I ordered a 30moa SA; Hopefully it's soon that they ship out.
There are already a few with 30 moa rails that are getting or have received them.

Reactions: Awag1000
I ordered 30MOA and don’t care how long it takes to get what I want. Would have ordered 45 if they offered.

Reactions: lash
I'm a 20moa/ .473/ SA/ RH/ ordered first few hrs and I've not got shipping yet either. I think you're ok.

I have the pivoting handle, and I’ll be playing with several triggers. The trigger on it now is a B&A Tacsport two stage.

The trigger hanger needs to be clearanced for the safety lever on this trigger. Also, the knurled (top) portion of the safety needs to be altered to clear the receiver. I have two of these triggers here. Unaltered, one works and one doesn't. See pictures of the one that works.

Yellow circle: Contact with the receiver. This prevents he safety lever from moving all the way to the fire/vertical position. The hook near the safety lever pivot (white circle) grabs the pin preventing the sear from falling. The trigger pictured works. The trigger which doesn't work looks exactly like this, but the hook is just a few .001’s closer to the pin so the sear breaks, but the hook stops full release.

Note the clearanced trigger hanger under the safety lever.

View attachment 8129975

The adjustable hanger system is awesome, and very easy to adjust.
The surface against which the safety lever is impinging coincides with that of the Rem 700. See pic below. Guard screw holes are used for alignment. I suppose we could bump it forward a bit but it would be nice if triggers advertised as R700 compatible were actually made that way.

Ted

1682695113285.png

The surface against which the safety lever is impinging coincides with that of the Rem 700. See pic below. Guard screw holes are used for alignment. I suppose we could bump it forward a bit but it would be nice if triggers advertised as R700 compatible were actually made that way.

Ted

View attachment 8130040
I agree, and wasnt trying to imply it doesnt. The CDG does appear tall to me though, and square. Perhaps the sloped rear face of that portion on the R700 prevents the lever from hitting anything.

Reactions: pingunit and lash

Ted

View attachment 8130040

Ted is correct here, the BnA triggers have an oversized knob on the safety lever which is the real problem. I've ran into this issue before on other actions with a BnA not fully disengaging the safety because the front of their oversized safety knob hits the action. Easy fix is to remove some material from the front surface of the BnA knob.

Ted

View attachment 8130040
It appears to be in the same forward/aft location but is also that wall has a taller vertical projection. On the standard rem 700 footprint receiver I believe that B&A safety winds up clearing above where that wall terminates.

Reactions: pingunit
Ordered around 8pm on the 8th, no shipping notice FYI, I don’t expect one quite yet, but since everyone who ordered AM has shared it they got notified or not, I thought I’d throw my time in the ring for reference. Hopefully soon!!!

Reactions: lash
I’m gonna guess my choice of bolt face is holding my order back.

So, is @Supersubes the only consumer to receive one?
Has anyone else gotten shipping notice?

.Ordered around 8pm on the 8th, no shipping notice FYI, I don’t expect one quite yet, but since everyone who ordered AM has shared it they got notified or not, I thought I’d throw my time in the ring for reference. Hopefully soon!!!
Ordered 0810 on the 8th. SA, fluted, red, 0.473 bolt and action wrench. SO 0368xx. Ordered very early AM. No shipping notice yet...

Reactions: MJ.Younger
Is this better?

img_8539-jpeg.457716
Take things out of context like a fucking liberal Democrat. The truth of that cherry picked photo is me showing the result of a batch of faulty Winchester primers. But this moron knows that.
Same for my Nuke bolt faces.
IMG_9156.jpeg

I’d have to say the SOLUS arrived out the box pretty sexy:
IMG_8037.jpeg

So you see boys and girls when someone is losing an argument and especially somebody like a liberal Democrat they’ll seek to false narrative and then argue the irrational so as to throw off their opponents from the truth, so bad, it can perplex the rational minded.

Here’s the thread: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/winchester-primers-bad-lots.7171148/

I have quite the eye for dogshit bolt faces.

Last edited:
The only argument that was lost is tooling marks on the nose is a QC failure.

I'm certain it meets "250Ra or better", but I'll wait for @superpubes to give us his profilometer reading.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and pingunit
Take things out of context like a fucking liberal Democrat. The truth of that cherry picked photo is me showing the result of a batch of faulty Winchester primers. But this moron knows that.
Same for my Nuke bolt faces.
View attachment 8130129
I’d have to say the SOLUS arrived out the box pretty sexy:
View attachment 8130131

So you see boys and girls when someone is losing an argument and especially somebody like a liberal Democrat they’ll seek to false narrative and then argue the irrational so as to throw off their opponents from the truth, so bad, it can perplex the rational minded.

Here’s the thread: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/winchester-primers-bad-lots.7171148/

I have quite the eye for dogshit bolt faces.
that solus is all marked up too. it's a machined product. it happens.

You can't hide something UNDER something, that isn't on top of something.
You are not versed in cover vs concealment either. I bet you were real proud of yourself with that response too. LOL

Last edited:
Implying that the nitride is hiding it is also implying that the nitride is covering it. Nitride changes surface hardness and color(on most gun steels) but won't hide surface imperfections and machining marks..
Ever hear of trick of the light? Color & contrast?

• Sad
Reactions: RockyMntUt