• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crazy/Stupid shit you've bought your wife

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but I literally just bought a $300 toaster.

Yes, a toaster. You know, the thing you can get for like $9.97 at Walmart. Well, I apparently bought the Barrett MRAD of toasters so it would look good on the counter and match the rest of the overpriced red knob shit she has.

I have no fucking idea what merits $300 for a fucking toaster, and there is a 99% chance I never will because seriously, its a fucking toaster.

Let's hope they don't fucking send it UPS Surepost.

My wife had been bugging me for years that she wanted to buy a Yellow Jeep Wrangler. Last Christmas errr birthday I don't even remember I built her a rc4wd brand RC control 1/10th scale jeep. Took me like 4 hours to put it together and easily 4 more hours to paint and assemble the jeep body. I had about 550 bucks in that little Rc car.....but at least now I can say, "Honey, I already bought you a yellow Jeep". Suprisingly she thought it was a great gift and loved it. Guess I marrried the right girl. Now on occasion I'll take it to the park and run it around. People think it's the coolest thing ever. Wife hasn't asked for a fullsize jeep since.

I bought my Old Lady a Sig M11. She shoots it all of the time and rarely let's me handle it let alone shoot it.
    When I bought it I figured she would try it and piss off and I would then have it to shoot and be happy.
    Wrong again Hiawatha,

Craziest shit well that would be jack-in-the-box tacos. My wife is originally from California. Her family moved here when she was 9. There are no jack-in-the-box restaurants in Utah (at least in 1997) (there is one now at the border of Ut/AZ).

When she was pregnant with our daughter she had a craving for jack-in-the-box tacos. Listened to her for about 3 weeks. The closest 2 were 1 in Boise Idaho and 1 in Las Vegas. Boise was closer. Almost 5hrs each way. One weekend i woke her up at 6am drove to Boise had 3 tacos each turned around and went home. In bed by 10pm.

They are kind of nasty. I was actually astonished to find out a little while back that jack-in-the-box sales more tacos than McDonald's sales Big Mac's.

Last edited:
    A second MINI after the first one puked up 3 transmissions in 20K miles. She had it bad for the Countryman S and I couldn’t say no. Like the first MINI, it also spent a lot of its life in the shop.

i was beyond happy to finally punt it. Now she drives a diesel Merc and we’re both happier.

A four-hour round trip to buy Girl Scout cookies because she prefers the ones from another Council because they use a different baker.

A second MINI after the first one puked up 3 transmissions in 20K miles. She had it bad for the Countryman S and I couldn’t say no. Like the first MINI, it also spent a lot of its life in the shop.

i was beyond happy to finally punt it. Now she drives a diesel Merc and we’re both happier.

Audi here. We had a loaner nearly as much as it. Traded it when the warranty went out.

i had a second gen mini and the thing was great........i was pushing 350 whp out of the stock transmission and never had a single issue.

Audi here. We had a loaner nearly as much as it. Traded it when the warranty went out.

Having been burned on the first MINI, I purchased every warranty and service contract available and told my wife that we’d keeo the car as long as those were in place.

MINI service was absolutely awful BTW. Kinda odd since they’re a BMW company. Had a terrible time getting loaners, updates on when things were going to be done, and seeing charges for work when I had the “you don’t pay a dime” package.

The mercedes experience has has been so much better.

Craziest shit well that would be jack-in-the-box tacos. My wife is originally from California. Her family moved here when she was 9. There are no jack-in-the-box restaurants in Utah (at least in 1997) (there is one now at the border of Ut/AZ).

When she was pregnant with our daughter she had a craving for jack-in-the-box tacos. Listened to her for about 3 weeks. The closest 2 were 1 in Boise Idaho and 1 in Las Vegas. Boise was closer. Almost 5hrs each way. One weekend i woke her up at 6am drove to Boise had 3 tacos each turned around and went home. In bed by 10pm.

They are kind of nasty. I was actually astonished to find out a little while back that jack-in-the-box sales more tacos than McDonald's sales Big Mac's.

thats cool dude

168 pairs of shoes. Well I just paid the credit card, she did the buying.

My wife had been bugging me for years that she wanted to buy a Yellow Jeep Wrangler. Last Christmas errr birthday I don't even remember I built her a rc4wd brand RC control 1/10th scale jeep. Took me like 4 hours to put it together and easily 4 more hours to paint and assemble the jeep body. I had about 550 bucks in that little Rc car.....but at least now I can say, "Honey, I already bought you a yellow Jeep". Suprisingly she thought it was a great gift and loved it. Guess I marrried the right girl. Now on occasion I'll take it to the park and run it around. People think it's the coolest thing ever. Wife hasn't asked for a fullsize jeep since.

My mom wanted a Lexus when they sold their property for a pretty penny more than they paid for it, sold her Navigator at the moving sale too. My step dad rolled the money into a new property and stocks, and bought her a little yipper dog he named "Alexis" and a Honda CR-V.

My mom wanted a Lexus when they sold their property for a pretty penny more than they paid for it, sold her Navigator at the moving sale too. My step dad rolled the money into a new property and stocks, and bought her a little yipper dog he named "Alexis" and a Honda CR-V.

lol_idi_amin.gif

Having been burned on the first MINI, I purchased every warranty and service contract available and told my wife that we’d keeo the car as long as those were in place.

MINI service was absolutely awful BTW. Kinda odd since they’re a BMW company. Had a terrible time getting loaners, updates on when things were going to be done, and seeing charges for work when I had the “you don’t pay a dime” package.

The mercedes experience has has been so much better.

Probably dealership related, not brand. Jim Ellis Audi on the north side of atl treated us like high class even though we are not... they have a Mazda place beside them and a Porsche place across the road. Mostly got a masda 6 but did score a boxster once. I treated it like a lady and rode the 6 like a whore. The wife’s been in Honda’s the last few vehicles. No complaints.

I just made ASS!!!
    My Old Lady, The Squaw, went to Cabelas to pick up some ammo on sale up in Sidney. I didn't go with her as I have things to do too.
    She is rather astute as to knowing a good deal or bad and figures in cost per round etc. and she Jews them too. a couple of bucks off here or there, I can't handle it..
    Here is the problem, I gave her my credit card.
    I know she will lighten my load and maybe come home with a new gun as well.
    I would bet that many members here wish they had that same problem.
    Damn, that Old Peach can shoot up some ammo. it ain't easy Bub.
    Regards, FM

If you're talking about the Jack in the Box in St George across from the In n Out Burger, I live 5 minutes from it.

If you're talking about the Jack in the Box in St George across from the In n Out Burger, I live 5 minutes from it.

Yea, i think St. George has 3 jack-in-the-box now. General in my discription since many dont know the area. Those did not exist in 1997. They have built a couple south of Boise in Idaho but for some reason have not made it to northern Utah. Which is fine by me.

I gave my ex enough extra from the divorce settlement to cover her attorney's fees.

Oh wait, great investment!

I went to a gun show and sold a pistol for more than I paid for it, yay. On the way out the door I looked in a display case and saw a cool little cobalt and gold colored ceramic miniature living room set, about 9 pieces. I thought hmm, wifeys birthday is next month so I wonder how much the lady behind the counter wants. She made me a good deal and it turns out they are pretty rare collector pieces that are made in France.

The purchase also coincided with our anniversary which was the next week so I gave her one piece. Then next month, the week of her birthday, I gave her the rest of the pieces to the set one day at a time, each day a different piece. It was fun for both of us.

Last edited:
    Lincoln MiG welder for Mother’s Day. In defense, I didn’t know it was Mother’s Day till she started crying.

Bought mine a damn ring one year. 7 days later we were married.

Y’all crack me up. It was a little bit of me having not thought of Mother’s Day with a new born in the house. I recovered fairly well, not that day though.

1. An MBA. which she doesn't use (needed to get it done)
    2. A high end laptop. She needed it for school. I told her a desktop would be faster and less cost. Nope... Ok. "Screen is too small". Bought her a 17" monitor, "Keyboard is hard to use" , wireless keyboard and mouse. Always docked... "Dear it looks just like your desktop" AAARGH. It is not only the plumbing that is different on females, the wiring is also different.
    3. Lladros figurines, some still in the box.

On the other hand she doesn't mind me launching money downrange at high velocities while consuming components through high pressure, heat and friction.