• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

The CZs factory pillars are poly?

Hi, I just saw this and had to comment. I own a new 457 American in .22 magnum and can say unequivocally that in my rifle the pillars are white steel. FWIW. I inspected them while adjusting the trigger and then torqued the action screws to 30 in/lbs. The action screws torque is all over the map on the internet, but I found a CZ channel video about changing CZ 457 stocks and the guy on the video torqued the screws to 31 in/lbs.

The video is here:

Best,

JAS-SH

Last edited:
Reactions: rtucker6508
I’m looking to get a 457 for a project gun.
Intention is to rebarrel and slap into a new stock/chassis.

My question is, are all the 457 receivers the same? Reason I ask is because there’s a 457 Sxout with the youth stock for a really good price in a local shop. Since I’d be buying it for the action, does it make sense to save a few bucks on this model versus one of the others?

Thanks

Killing me. I know people have these barrels but not a single review. Damn it!
What chassis did you get?

JAS-SH - I'd say you won the wood lottery with your 457 American. I've seen several photos of CZ RF stocks over on RFC that were very attractive, and I have to say yours is about as good as any 457 I've seen so far. I've ordered in two Americans, a Varmint, Varmint MTR to date, and the American I decided to keep (mostly because the stock was more attractive than the other American's) shot like crap. It was so bad that I bought a Shilen bbl blank, did some contour work on it, then chambered & glued it into my action. Hope you appreciate how lucky you were to get a stock like yours....enjoy!

Reactions: JAS-SH
JAS-SH - I'd say you won the wood lottery with your 457 American. I've seen several photos of CZ RF stocks over on RFC that were very attractive, and I have to say yours is about as good as any 457 I've seen so far. I've ordered in two Americans, a Varmint, Varmint MTR to date, and the American I decided to keep (mostly because the stock was more attractive than the other American's) shot like crap. It was so bad that I bought a Shilen bbl blank, did some contour work on it, then chambered & glued it into my action. Hope you appreciate how lucky you were to get a stock like yours....enjoy!

Thanks!! I will. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box at the FFL!

JAS

My new CZ loves the CCI, and definitely some old RWS ammo I found in a box. Yellow box Eley grouped really good as well. The CZ Chassis is nice and sits well. I did have a few flyers with the CCI, but could have been me or the wind .

Attachments

• 50 y (1).jpg
    50 y (1).jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 176
  • cz.jpg
    cz.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 151
A slight hijack...I have a new 457 chassis. How do you insert the bolt? I see the button that you depress to remove. Not my first bolt gun but not sure how this one works. Any assistance appreciated. TY.

Spending Father’s Day at the range with my father and testing ammo at 50 yds. Bibop and rear bag I really like this CZ 457 every group but 2 I could cover with a dime even with me pulling my share. Hoping as I run thru lots of Ammo I can fine even better. It’s set up with a viper gen 2 FFP, area 419 30 moa rail and a converted badger knob and I added a Picatinny front rail for a bipob
1592782550909.jpeg

Attachments

• 1592782425309.jpeg
    1592782425309.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 1592782453317.jpeg
    1592782453317.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 1592782473512.jpeg
    1592782473512.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 1592782521462.jpeg
    1592782521462.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 211
Spending Father’s Day at the range with my father and testing ammo at 50 yds. Bibop and rear bag I really like this CZ 457 every group but 2 I could cover with a dime even with me pulling my share. Hoping as I run thru lots of Ammo I can fine even better. It’s set up with a viper gen 2 FFP, area 419 30 moa rail and a converted badger knob and I added a Picatinny front rail for a bipobView attachment 7356589
Nice looking rifle and good shooting to

Had a few minutes before the rains came this morning and shot (Only) 2 bulls each on 3 targets trying out test lots of SK Standard Plus. One lot was not good - one was fair and one shot the two groups I am posting. Still trying to figure out how to use Range Buddy (without reading the directions) and so far only know how to post a picture at a time. My 2 groups from the first lot I tried - the best of the three. 100 yards with virtually perfect conditions here South of Houston. Didn't try to get the groups centered up just put it on paper.. This is from my 457 in a KRG chassis with a take off old Anschutz barrel cut down (from the chamber end) by Evelio McDonald to ~24 and rechambered with a Win 52 reamer. I'm very satisfied with this accuracy using ~5.00 ammo.
target_image (3).jpg
target_image (4).jpg

Great looking setup! Looks like great precision as well. Is that the 24-inch barrel model?

JAS

Thxs
It's a 20" I was going to go with the 24" but i was afraid of losing to much speed. I'm still trying to find the right ammo combo but im definitely liking the rifle so far. The trigger is decent and can be adjusted

I'm looking for some magwell pictures of a KRG bravo, MPA and any other chassis or stock with the CZ mag in and out. Just trying to see how they fit in the large opening and how easy is it to hit the mag release.

I sometimes had to "look the magazine into the opening" but after few days it is pretty much an automatic. The Mag Release, once your are familiar with it, is not bad. I don't have any extension on mine and am fine with it.

Don't have an MPA - I am satisfied with the Bravo....

MPA now includes a magwell funnel insert in their chassis that greatly simplifies inserting a mag and manipulating the release
That’s good to know.
I wish rigid alloy would get on it and finally bring out the 457 chassis.
Their 455 chassis mag release and magwell are very easy to manipulate.

Question - I have looked and read everywhere that I can find but still haven't found what match chamber CZ uses on their 457 MTR and 457 LRP. Is it a proprietary chamber? Is it one of the ~30 known 22LR match chambers? All I have ever seen is " Match chamber is cut to the tightest specification that CIP will allow" - whatever that means. Does anyone have the dimensions of it?

This might be a dumb question but here goes. I am left handed and am very happy with my Tikka Tac A1. I would like a .22 LR for training purposes and believe I have narrowed it down to either the Tikka T1 or CZ 45?. Need any right minded shooters who have been down this road and what LH after market stocks are available for either.

Can someone with a CZ 457 MTR help me out? I want to know if the wooden buttstock is solid wood? If anyone could remove the recoil pad and confirm it’s solid wood and post a picture it would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone with a CZ 457 MTR help me out? I want to know if the wooden buttstock is solid wood? If anyone could remove the recoil pad and confirm it’s solid wood and post a picture it would be greatly appreciated.
I don't see any holes in the rubber buttpad that would allow me to remove screws - might be glued onto the black plastic plate under the rubber pad for all I know. But as near as I can tell, the buttstock is solid w/o any large holes bored out underneath the plate. Curious as to why you'd ask about this in the first place?

I don't see any holes in the rubber buttpad that would allow me to remove screws - might be glued onto the black plastic plate under the rubber pad for all I know. But as near as I can tell, the buttstock is solid w/o any large holes bored out underneath the plate. Curious as to why you'd ask about this in the first place?
If the stock is solid, I can send it out to a guy I know that works on stocks. He can cut the stock and make it into an adjustable comb/cheek pad and adjustable buttstock. Thanks for checking!

That's one thing I really liked about the MTR's stock - with a low/thin 25MOA rail like the BScar, and a scope in low rings, I found I don't need any higher comb than the MTR's.

That's one thing I really liked about the MTR's stock - with a low/thin 25MOA rail like the BScar, and a scope in low rings, I found I don't need any higher comb than the MTR's.
I’m in the market for a new .22RF the MTR is one of the finalist on my list. Unfortunately none of the gun stores in a 100 mile radius has one for me to hold.

Spending Father’s Day at the range with my father and testing ammo at 50 yds. Bibop and rear bag I really like this CZ 457 every group but 2 I could cover with a dime even with me pulling my share. Hoping as I run thru lots of Ammo I can fine even better. It’s set up with a viper gen 2 FFP, area 419 30 moa rail and a converted badger knob and I added a Picatinny front rail for a bipobView attachment 7356589

I really like the look of that rifle, stock is great

I have a MTR that I removed the recoil pad an added a 3/4 inch aluminum spacer. It was solid wood on mine. I also drilled a hole and filled it with lead pellets and epoxy. Recoil pad is glued on and also has 2 screws. Sorry about not having a picture

Reactions: pitslave
I have a MTR that I removed the recoil pad an added a 3/4 inch aluminum spacer. It was solid wood on mine. I also drilled a hole and filled it with lead pellets and epoxy. Recoil pad is glued on and also has 2 screws. Sorry about not having a picture
Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated.

Here’s mine...love this rifle. I have the original MTR stock that I would let go of if anyone needs one.

Attachments

• 41E2961D-9F03-48FA-BF39-AA79656376C0.jpeg
    41E2961D-9F03-48FA-BF39-AA79656376C0.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 176
Those carbon fiber prefit for the cz 457 look so dam sexy. I want them so bad but their performance seem subpar to just straight stainless while also cost a lot more.

Yep that would be a long road trip
I think a lady that just shot her 1st match today an finished 4th overall
Is going to buy it
She beat out some very season shooters
She drove the cz457 mtr very well
Yote
That’s awesome! Glad to hear it’s going to a good home.

Acquired a 457 Synthetic recently, it's a very light and balanced rifle. It's not a tack driver with CCI SV, but its consistent enough for a base class rifle and did pretty well out to 340 yards in the last match. I'm sure with some actual match ammo it would be even better. At 430 yards it (or i) fall apart.

Some negatives:

1) (seems to be common), every last round out of the 10 round mag fails to eject, it just kinda falls out of the extractor and sits in the action. You can replicate this with empty shell casings (Only happens with the 10 rounders). Might call CZ about this, as sometimes it happens halfway through a mag which is not fun during a match.

2) Barrel is canted in the stock channel, no matter how much you try to correct it while torquing screws in. Still free floated though.

With the cost of swapping in a stock, the area 419 rail and maybe a barrel you're well on your way to having a Bergara..

Last edited:
Acquired a 457 Synthetic recently, it's a very light and balanced rifle. It's not a tack driver with CCI SV, but its consistent enough for a base class rifle and did pretty well out to 340 yards in the last match. I'm sure with some actual match ammo it would be even better. At 430 yards it (or i) fall apart.

Some negatives:

1) (seems to be common), every last round out of the 10 round mag fails to eject, it just kinda falls out of the extractor and sits in the action. You can replicate this with empty shell casings with a 5 round mag and 10 round mag. Might call CZ about this, as sometimes it happens halfway through a mag which is not fun during a match.

2) Barrel is canted in the stock channel, no matter how much you try to correct it while torquing screws in. Still free floated though.

With the cost of swapping in a stock, the area 419 rail and maybe a barrel you're well on your way to having a Bergara..

Never had the ejection issue with mine however my buddy was having a lot of ejection issues in general with his. Most of the time, the round would be stuck in the chamber when he pulled the bolt back. We don't know if it was the round getting stuck in the chamber after being shot or something to do with the extractor. He sent it to CZ, they had it for around 2 or 3 weeks I believe, claimed they couldn't replicate the issue however they said they replaced the extractor and spring anyway. Shot his first match with it this past Saturday and didn't have any issues what so ever so that's good.