• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

Never had the ejection issue with mine however my buddy was having a lot of ejection issues in general with his. Most of the time, the round would be stuck in the chamber when he pulled the bolt back. We don't know if it was the round getting stuck in the chamber after being shot or something to do with the extractor. He sent it to CZ, they had it for around 2 or 3 weeks I believe, claimed they couldn't replicate the issue however they said they replaced the extractor and spring anyway. Shot his first match with it this past Saturday and didn't have any issues what so ever so that's good.

Interesting, Mine is extracting the round out of the chamber just fine, it just doesn't kick out the last round on the 10 RD mags. The position in which the follower rests seems to be different on the 10 round VS 5 round mags as well.

Interesting, Mine is extracting the round out of the chamber just fine, it just doesn't kick out the last round on the 10 RD mags. The position in which the follower rests seems to be different on the 10 round VS 5 round mags as well.

Hmm that is strange. I pretty much solely shoot the 10rd magazines too. I'm interested to see what's causing this or how you're able to fix it. Keep me updated.

Odd - I've got three 457s - all 22LR - American, MTR, VPT - and have had only a very few ejection issues with any of them, usually while shooting off the bench while testing ammo. I always figured it was a case of inconsistent bolt operation, as opposed to shooting in the field. Though I did some initial shooting with the 5rd mags when I first received the American & MTR rifles, since then, 100% of my shooting (even when lot testing off the bench) has been with a couple of 10rd mags.

I have 2 457 that I only us the 10 round mags in. I’ve ran hundreds and hundreds of rounds through both and have never had any issues with either

i can't reproduce it consistently but i've had it happen before. i've noticed it with eley ammo and a dirty bolt face. i also have had it happen when running the bolt slowly during practice but knock on wood it hasn't happend in a match when forcefully running the bolt. i also just jinxed myself now...

I'm looking for some magwell pictures of a KRG bravo, MPA and any other chassis or stock with the CZ mag in and out. Just trying to see how they fit in the large opening and how easy is it to hit the mag release.
Little late but since I have both the bravo and MPA I can tell you without a doubt the MPA with the new magwell is much easier. The bravo just has a giant cavity and you insert straight into the cz magwell.

Im sure a lot of people aren't having this problem. Mine drops the last case of the magazine off the bolt face as it's extracting , before the rim can hit the ejector....like clockwork...every time
This with 6 different magazines

Im sure a lot of people aren't having this problem. Mine drops the last case of the magazine off the bolt face as it's extracting , before the rim can hit the ejector....like clockwork...every time
Yes, exactly. Last casing is extracted but the holder/extractor dont hold the case long enough to even make contact with the ejector.

Sounds to me like a “I’m done, relax, ease the bolt back.” problem without the next round applying pressure. Rather than “Rack it and get the next round in there” as usual.

Not in my case unfortunately, you can rack at any speed you want and the exact same scenario occurs. The bolt doesnt hold the case long enough to make contact with ejector. CZ has been contacted, I'll report back soon.

With a 29 inch long gun and Agulia SSS ammo at 60 grain and 900 FPS you will be hard pressed to hear a sound.

Reactions: stilesg57
Nope. I have jammed the last round into the breech many times having not realized it was my last. This is how I realized it is always the last round. If I count and know I out, I won't notice its in there. It will just fall out the mag well when i remove the mag.
This is exactly what happens with mine.

Hi all, just joined up, will get some posts up but I'm chasing a MPA ba chassis for my CZ 457, if thei4 is anyone that has one they are looking g to part with give me a holler. Thanks Hudo

Question for people running a Pro Varmint suppressed with stock barrel: Have you had any problems with suppressor coming lose and baffle strikes? It's not a semi-auto, so hopefully this isn't really an issue as long as you check the lock up every now and then.

I'm just getting this CZ 457 set up, and the stock barrel threads seem like they're cut a little lose..as in there's a lot of play at end of the suppressor even if its just 1/8 turn lose on the barrel. I tried three different 22 suppressors on the pro varmint, including a new TBAC 22 Takedown, and they all wobble a lot unless snugged up tight on the barrel. Looks like I'll need to add yet another wrench to the range bag so I can use the wrench flats on the 22 Takedown to get it off for cleaning, etc.

Yes, exactly. Last casing is extracted but the holder/extractor dont hold the case long enough to even make contact with the ejector.

Not in my case unfortunately, you can rack at any speed you want and the exact same scenario occurs. The bolt doesnt hold the case long enough to make contact with ejector. CZ has been contacted, I'll report back soon.

If you havent resolved this issue yet, usually stoning a small ( tiny ) flat spot on the holder where it contacts the case will take of this, have done several over the years with good success, this is a common issue with all 452-455-457 rifles.

If you havent resolved this issue yet, usually stoning a small ( tiny ) flat spot on the holder where it contacts the case will take of this, have done several over the years with good success, this is a common issue with all 452-455-457 rifles.
Rimstar could you possibly show a picture
Pointing to spot to be stoned
Thanks

I also had this issue with ten round mags in my 457. I took the followers out and tweaked them a little in order to provide just enough support to the rim of the last case as it reached the ejector. It was a bit tedious because too much and it would set the nose of the bullet too high to enter the chamber. I found that out by swapping followers with a five rounder which are flatter than the tens. Interestingly, a buddy of mine bought a 457 shortly after me and his has no problem running the mags in original form.🤷

Rimstar could you possibly show a picture
Pointing to spot to be stoned
Thanks

I can later.....the point that you stone is right where the holder contacts the case, what your doing is creating a small flat spot to make contact with the case and hold it in place

Here you go ..... remember just a tiny amount at a time, right on the tip of the holder

d2CR6Gu.jpg

Last edited:
just took out my chopped MTR barrel on my CZ457 MTR.
Surprisingly it doesn’t like Eley ammo. But it really liked my RWS subsonic hp and Geco match ammo.
Too bad I have a ton of the Eley and running low on the other 2.

I sent videos and images to CZ to try to clearly illustrate the issue. I was told it was a a magazine problem( I know it's not but I wont argue). They take 2 weeks to send me a new one and guess what? Same exact thing.

I call them back and they want me to send it it.

On the scale of issues you can have, this is pretty minimal which is why I'm reluctant to take the perfectly zeroed optic off the rifle and send it in for who knows how many months for them to replace an extractor spring or God knows what..

I'm apparently the first person to ever notify them of this issue.

Interesting, that would mean that there is a slight variation between holder dimensions which is why this is an issue for some and not others.

Reactions: *rim-star*
Interesting, that would mean that there is a slight variation between holder dimensions which is why this is an issue for some and not others.

Yes thats correct, the 457's seem to be better when it come to good ejection, I have a Varmint model and it ejects perfectly throwing fired cases completely off the bench.

So I just picked up a 457 ProVarmint.....any suggestions on what ammo you have had good success with? Thanks...excited to get it.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
good thanks guys. just submitted my second form 1 and ordered some subs dad is getting excited to shoot this so am i

With the cost of swapping in a stock, the area 419 rail and maybe a barrel you're well on your way to having a Bergara..

Curious about this. I handled a Bergara BXR over the weekend and was intrigued. Then I read a lot of mediocre reviews of this rifle. It seemed well provisioned. Are these rifles shooting well for people?

Hello folks, I also have a question regarding the 457 magazines. I've had my 457 for about 15 months and have had around 10,000 rounds down her in that time. I have two 10 rd mags that I primarily use, they fed and loaded very easy. I decided it was time to take them apart for a good cleaning (lots of yellowish residue inside the mag). I re-assembled the mags before heading to the range today and loaded each with about 5 rounds to make sure the follower was working correctly, which it was. However, when I got to the range, I found that after 8 or 9 rounds, the spring is making a noise like its shifting or doubling up inside the magazine. The 10th round is very difficult to get in, and when I insert the mag in the rifle, stripping off that first round with the bolt is very sticky and unsmooth. I've disassembled and reassembled 10 or so times, tried inserting the spring different ways, even watched a video on Youtube to make sure I was assembling it correctly (follower and spring are both correct). Has anyone else ran into this issue? What am I doing wrong?

Hello folks, I also have a question regarding the 457 magazines. I've had my 457 for about 15 months and have had around 10,000 rounds down her in that time. I have two 10 rd mags that I primarily use, they fed and loaded very easy. I decided it was time to take them apart for a good cleaning (lots of yellowish residue inside the mag). I re-assembled the mags before heading to the range today and loaded each with about 5 rounds to make sure the follower was working correctly, which it was. However, when I got to the range, I found that after 8 or 9 rounds, the spring is making a noise like its shifting or doubling up inside the magazine. The 10th round is very difficult to get in, and when I insert the mag in the rifle, stripping off that first round with the bolt is very sticky and unsmooth. I've disassembled and reassembled 10 or so times, tried inserting the spring different ways, even watched a video on Youtube to make sure I was assembling it correctly (follower and spring are both correct). Has anyone else ran into this issue? What am I doing wrong?
I duplicated the problem you are having on my own mags. The trick is to put the spring in straight, you might have to wiggle it a bit to get it to fully seat. It seems like the rear of the spring hangs up at the extended part of the follower. I hope this solution makes sense. They are kinda finicky mags.

Reactions: TeebirdsRoc
I duplicated the problem you are having on my own mags. The trick is to put the spring in straight, you might have to wiggle it a bit to get it to fully seat. It seems like the rear of the spring hangs up at the extended part of the follower. I hope this solution makes sense. They are kinda finicky mags.
Thanks for the reply! Worked like a charm, took the spring out and kinda jiggled it to make sure it was seated properly. Thanks again!

Hello to all. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread or asking a question that's already been answered but, I recently bought a cz 457 mtr in 22lr. I'd like to stick with a Vortex scope. Does anyone have a model recommendation? This will primarily be used for target shooting with the possible option of squirrel hunting down the road. I appreciate any help.

Reactions: BuckeyeSniper
Hello to all. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread or asking a question that's already been answered but, I recently bought a cz 457 mtr in 22lr. I'd like to stick with a Vortex scope. Does anyone have a model recommendation? This will primarily be used for target shooting with the possible option of squirrel hunting down the road. I appreciate any help.
I know you said you want to stick with Vortex, but I'm a big fan of Athlon for lower priced scopes. I have 3 and they are great quality and also offer a hassle free lifetime warranty. Midas tac 6-24×50 is great, probably around 500 bucks now since they offer a 56mm objective model. Athlon Ares ETR is an amazing option if you were willing to spend a bit more.

The hassle free lifetime warranty is the main reason i prefer Vortex but, i didn't know Athlon has just as good warranty. I don't mind spending extra on something better. You only live once.

The hassle free lifetime warranty is the main reason i prefer Vortex but, i didn't know Athlon has just as good warranty. I don't mind spending extra on something better. You only live once.
The reticles may play a factor as well, you may prefer one to the other. My midas tac and ares etr both have the aplr(?) reticle. The center of the crosshair is open, and there's a floating dot right in the center. I'm a big fan, but may not be everyone's cup of tea. Also, the reticle has the "Christmas tree" design that you find in lots of first focal plane scopes. Again, I'm a fan, but not everyones cup of tea. Just do some research and figure out what suits you best.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m

If you think you will be dialing you will want something with exposed turrets. In general going from a 50 yard shot to a 100 yd shot is going to be close to a 2 mil difference in elevation. It will also be a good idea to get something other than a standard duplex reticle. 22lr is really sensitive to wind. Even at 100 yards the wind can really push that little bullet around. Having a reticle either marked in Mil or MOA can make adjusting for wind or small elevation changes a lot easier than just using Kentucky windage.

Hey there,

I have the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP on my 457 and I love it. Tracks well, has a ton of features not typical found in scopes at that price range. parallax is at 15yds and the range of adjustment is huge. However, if using the zero stop mechanism- that significantly eats up that range, but with a 30MOA rail I haven’t run into any issues thus far. 34mm tube lets a ton of light in making it a pleasure to shoot precision.

Attachments

• A8D71010-9EAA-4D9D-9B8B-F1D34896C904.jpeg
    A8D71010-9EAA-4D9D-9B8B-F1D34896C904.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 155
Went to Cabela's yesterday and bought my 3rd Diamondback. IMO it's the best bang for the buck out there and plenty of scope for MY needs. Love the christmas tree reticle.

Reactions: BuckeyeSniper
Hey there,

I have the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP on my 457 and I love it. Tracks well, has a ton of features not typical found in scopes at that price range. parallax is at 15yds and the range of adjustment is huge. However, if using the zero stop mechanism- that significantly eats up that range, but with a 30MOA rail I haven’t run into any issues thus far. 34mm tube lets a ton of light in making it a pleasure to shoot precision.
Actually, after some digging around, this is the scope I am highly considering. What mount are you using?

Reactions: NES_tacticool
Actually, after some digging around, this is the scope I am highly considering. What mount are you using?
I love it - if you are military Vortex offers 40% off via Expert Voice too - so that makes it one hell of a deal. Something to be aware of however, if you are a fan of scope caps - Tenebraex (my go-to brand) doesn't have an objective cover that fits this particular model. I contacted them to see if other Vortex 56mm objective covers would fit, however they indicated that Vortex has a different thread pattern on this particular scope - so I am running Vortex branded objective cover in the front (eh okay) and a Tenebraex UAC019-FCR for the eyepiece. I am a little OCD about this stuff - so it is annoying - but not bad.

My set-up is the MPA CZ 457 30 MOA Scope Rail. I know that most everyone with 457's are running Area 419 rails, however I find the MPA version to be a bit shorter and cleaner looking (doesn't have the giant "419" on the side). While the Area 419 version does have the built in level - I can't imagine that being very visible once you are behind the scope without moving your head. I am using an Accuracy 1st Level - much better IMO. Reference rings, I am using the Seekins 34mm 1" High. Initially I thought they might be too high, but as you can see from the photo, it leaves JUST the right amount of room for the scope cap.

The last note I will mention - for a 34mm tube - it is not that heavy. But it is heavier than what most are running on their 457s. For me, it is worth it - but I was definitely surprised at the difference in weight once I removed it...haha.

Attachments

• 179E17DF-7CB1-497E-96C8-77AE11A558D9.jpeg
    179E17DF-7CB1-497E-96C8-77AE11A558D9.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 18740F49-4A90-4D45-87B3-E0EC099F08F8.jpeg
    18740F49-4A90-4D45-87B3-E0EC099F08F8.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 110
Took my CZ 457 ProVarmint out to day with @Mike Casselton and had a blast. Winds from nothing to 20+ gusting all over with storms rolling through. Really not expecting a whole lot just wanted to pop the cherry so ran a bunch of cheap Federal copper 36g HP through it(did put 50 CCI SV through it and dang those were noticeably better even in the high winds). So we broke out the golf ball rack(ball with screw hanging from string) and while a relatively large target at 1.68" it's so much fun we always end up hunched over the rifle laughing. Will look forward to sitting on a bench with no wind to see what I can do on the paper, but thrilled with the trial run. $12 to shoot 200 rounds laughing our asses off....this 22 stuff is cheap fun!

Took my CZ 457 ProVarmint out to day with @Mike Casselton and had a blast. Winds from nothing to 20+ gusting all over with storms rolling through. Really not expecting a whole lot just wanted to pop the cherry so ran a bunch of cheap Federal copper 36g HP through it(did put 50 CCI SV through it and dang those were noticeably better even in the high winds). So we broke out the golf ball rack(ball with screw hanging from string) and while a relatively large target at 1.68" it's so much fun we always end up hunched over the rifle laughing. Will look forward to sitting on a bench with no wind to see what I can do on the paper, but thrilled with the trial run. $12 to shoot 200 rounds laughing our asses off....this 22 stuff is cheap fun!
Shot my new PV this week also. Very happy with how it shoots but need to find a load it likes for 100 plus. Like everyone else has said they really like SK but seem to shoot anything good enough for fun shooting.

Good day to all!

Just got a CZ Varmint Chassis and am setting it up. I've seen some members talk about the Luth stock and their desire to replace. Some have mentioned the Magpul PRS Gen 3 but comment on it being quite long and a bit heavy though the adjustments are solid.

I've done what I can to get the Luth set up comfortably but the cheek riser on mine rocks back and forth no matter how tight I try to get it.

My LOP is measuring at 13.5" where I locked it in. Could probably live with a bit longer if necessary.

Has anyone tried the MDT Skeleton Carbine stock and if so, what were your impressions?

There's so many combined years of experience on this site, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out.