• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

Panther has made very good use of barrel harmonics for his set up. Very nice groups. It is however a wood stock, a laminated stock, but still wood and is potentially susceptible to humidity and temp changes that may change the pressure exerted on the barrel at this point

That's a good point. When I said I "didn't get much, if any, benefit from the bedding", that of course relates to immediate benefit as far as group size. The bedding does gives me the intended long-term benefit of stability where the action contacts the stock, without any effect from possible wood warp or swelling. As you mention, that is potentially a future issue at the point of barrel contact with the dampening strip. If I do get a harmonics shift over time, I would have to move the strip to re-tune, or remove it and go back to a fully free-floating barrel and do something else to get back to the optimal harmonic, such as a barrel tuner.

By the way, I do have an Ezell PDT tuner here with a 1/2-28 adapter so I can thread it right onto the end of the barrel, but since the dampening strip worked so well for now, I haven't tried it on the CZ.

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
Just got my 457 in on Monday.
It is showing promise....
Federal Gold match, 25 yards.
5 shot group

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201006-201407_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-201407_Gallery.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 112
CZ-USA 02340 457 Varmint cal. 22 LR, Bolt Action, DetachMag, American Walnut Stock, 20.5" Barrel.
I'll try to get some more groups this weekend. I'll post a pic of the rifle set up as is too.
Having the adjustable trigger is a nice added bonus IMHO.
Having a few other CZ rimfires, I have wanted a 457 since they came out.

Reactions: JKW70
CZ-USA 02340 457 Varmint cal. 22 LR, Bolt Action, DetachMag, American Walnut Stock, 20.5" Barrel.
I'll try to get some more groups this weekend. I'll post a pic of the rifle set up as is too.
Having the adjustable trigger is a nice added bonus IMHO.
Having a few other CZ rimfires, I have wanted a 457 since they came out.
What made you chose the regular varmint vs the pro varmint or the MTR?

Karuba,
I chose the varmint for a few different reasons over the other 2.
1) ammo availability, the MTR has the natch chamber and I do not live close to anywhere where I could have the luxury of buying great and expensive ammo. So I really didn't want to have to fiddle with that.
2) The cost of the MTR.
3) The cost of the Pro Varmint.
4) I already have a threaded 455 22 lr that I love to shoot, plus I figured having a few extra inches might help stabilize the bullets...(I might be wrong on that one, I am no B Litz...)
5) Looks, I really liked the looks of the Varmint in that wood stock. But the Boyds "at 1 stock " is a damn good looking option too.

Reactions: flatland1
gonzaga - I find that I'm in agreement with your opinion of the appearance of the 457 Varmint model in the walnut stock. I ordered one in almost two years ago when I couldn't find a Varmint MTR, and although the stock on mine is pretty plain compared to several others I've seen online photos of, the overall profile & proportion is still very attractive to my eye. However, I've never shot it - found & bought a MTR model shortly after receiving the std Varmint rifle, so decided to try to sell my NIB 457 Varmint. Hauled it to a couple of gun shows where I normally rent table space, but have yet to find a buyer. I have a couple of nephews who are shooters; I'm thinking of adjusting the triggers on the Varmint and an extra American I have, outfitting them with BScar scope rails & Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50 scopes, and making gifts out of them. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine...

Karuba,
I chose the varmint for a few different reasons over the other 2.
1) ammo availability, the MTR has the natch chamber and I do not live close to anywhere where I could have the luxury of buying great and expensive ammo. So I really didn't want to have to fiddle with that.
2) The cost of the MTR.
3) The cost of the Pro Varmint.
4) I already have a threaded 455 22 lr that I love to shoot, plus I figured having a few extra inches might help stabilize the bullets...(I might be wrong on that one, I am no B Litz...)
5) Looks, I really liked the looks of the Varmint in that wood stock. But the Boyds "at 1 stock " is a damn good looking option too.
Gonzaga...thanks for the thorough explanation. I appreciate it!!! I have gone back and forth between the Tikka T1X and some kind of CZ 457 variant. I completely agree with you on the looks. It is a fine looking bolt gun. A lot of seem to like the plain 457 varmint it seems...

gonzaga - I find that I'm in agreement with your opinion of the appearance of the 457 Varmint model in the walnut stock. I ordered one in almost two years ago when I couldn't find a Varmint MTR, and although the stock on mine is pretty plain compared to several others I've seen online photos of, the overall profile & proportion is still very attractive to my eye. However, I've never shot it - found & bought a MTR model shortly after receiving the std Varmint rifle, so decided to try to sell my NIB 457 Varmint. Hauled it to a couple of gun shows where I normally rent table space, but have yet to find a buyer. I have a couple of nephews who are shooters; I'm thinking of adjusting the triggers on the Varmint and an extra American I have, outfitting them with BScar scope rails & Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50 scopes, and making gifts out of them. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine...
Flatland... Have you had any issues shooting standard velocity ammo out of the MTR (say CCI SV or aguila SV)? I know its not going to be match ammo accuracy but say I just want to go out and shoot..not worry about tiny groups...can I do that with just 'decent' ammo? I have been looking seriously now at the Area 419 complete 457 MTR. I know its a $1000 but it already has the rail and bolt knob and the ARCA rail.. Just put the scope and bipod on and go...

Pre storm shoot with the 457 PV, Athlon Argos gen 2 6-24x50 and Atlas CAL bipod today, didn’t have time to shoot a comparison group with the Savage.
Mild temp but humid and gusting winds from 0 - 6 MPH, DA 1685 per the Kestrel.

Shot some sighters at 25 yards, then a 6x5 at 50, then 2x5 at 100 from the prone with a bipod.
Ammo used: SK Flatnose Match (FNM), Federal Gold Medal Target (GMT), CCI Standard Velocity (SV).

6x5 @ 50 yard results:
SK FNM - avg .505”, best .309"
Federal GMT - avg .636", best .415"
CCI SV - avg .839”, best .625”

2x5 @ 100 yard results:
SK FNM - avg 1.202”, best 1.133”
Federal GMT - avg 1.315”, best 1.296”
CCI SV - avg 2.602”, best 1.696”

My observations:
1. Better quality ammo shines as distances increase.
2. The 2” targets (thanks BuckeyeSniper) allowed for very precise aiming compared to dots or hole punch protectors.
3. Thicker paper stock is preferred (such as in card stock or on paper plates) vs copy paper I shot as the bullet holes are much more cleanly defined. The FNM had cleaner punches.
4. A good bipod is worth every penny in terms of ergonomics, function, adaptability to meet shooting conditions.
5. It feels good to progress enough to be able to shoot 3 groups into a 2 inch square and be able to tell the groups apart from each other.
6. Wind is definitely a factor even at 100 yards. (Shot #3 in the top CCI group at 100 yards caught a gust)
7. You can see a difference in the right column groups in the 6x5 @ 50 yards. After shooting the last groups, it occurred to me that I did not shift my belly button to establish a new Natural Point of Aim. For all 3 types of ammo, the right column groups were the worst groups.
8. Gotta thank the father in law who gifted me a brick of SK FNM during this season of ammo shortage.
9. For cheap ammo, double the distance, triple the group size seems to be about right. Better ammo is closer to a linear increase In group size.
10. I love the rifle so far and I am improving and also getting used to the rifle. No malfunctions of any kind out of the CZ 457. Only boresnake after every 200 rounds. Currently at ˜600 rounds total.

YMMV, happy shooting.
764BB6E8-9274-4079-96B5-70187BFC8AFB.jpeg
F9F4A925-BF7B-442A-9981-35A5D7F26382.jpeg
FED6479F-6D31-4EBA-89F6-77916999AFD6.jpeg

Last edited:
Flatland... Have you had any issues shooting standard velocity ammo out of the MTR (say CCI SV or aguila SV)? I know its not going to be match ammo accuracy but say I just want to go out and shoot..not worry about tiny groups...can I do that with just 'decent' ammo? I have been looking seriously now at the Area 419 complete 457 MTR. I know its a $1000 but it already has the rail and bolt knob and the ARCA rail.. Just put the scope and bipod on and go...
I've not shot anything other than SK, Lapua, and a little Eley & Federal UltraMatch out of any of my CZs. Note that I can't buy any of the named brands/grades of ammo locally - not sure how far I'd have to drive to find a shop that carries a decent amount of SK, Lapua, or Eley. I started buying SK/Wolf, Lapua, and a few sample lots of Eley in 2005 after trading a CMP H&R M12 for an Anschutz 1611, and several Rem 40Xs & Win 52Ds when the CMP started selling them. I bought mostly from Champion's Choice back then, but have purchased Eley direct from Clint Swigert, and SK/Lapua from Powder Valley, Grafs, Good Shooting, and from Capstone Precision through friends who have access directly to the warehouse in Sedalia, Mo. I did buy one single 50rd box of CCI SV from a nice shop in central Kansas several years ago, not long after I'd barreled my first V-22 action with a Krieger blank. It didn't impress me at all in the Vudoo, nor either of the 40Xs I'd had converted to use V-22 mags, and which were both barreled by me with Benchmark & Lilja blanks, using an EPS reamer. I found an exceptional lot of SK Std+ that shoots very nearly as good as select lots of SK Rifle Match & Lapua Center-X, so honestly - unless it's possible to regularly find exceptional lots of CCI SV & Aguila SE - I have no desire to settle for less accuracy than I get out of SK Std+.

Reactions: KarubaGold
Its still in Australian beaurocratic jail but I get to pick up my first rifle in about 2 weeks. I've got an area 419 30moa rail and an athlon argos
8-34x56 ffp scope to go on it that i picked up cheap.

looking forward to participating in the SH 6x5, some local PRS type matches and seeing how far out i can take it, I have ready access to the local range that is 300yds so i'll try that sooner than later, also have a KYL target rack on its way.

Thanks for all the info in this thread and the whole forum, has been a huge help.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--399134748.jpeg

Nice looking rifle and Congrats on obtaining your 1st rifle. I hope you enjoy as much as I do mine.

Thanks mate. I already know I'm going to be absolutely addicted and I have no doubt that this is the first of many.
I'm currently eyeing off a howa 6.5cm in an mdt ACC as well.
Plus a couple basic hunting rigs, I need a 2nd or 3rd job 🤣🤣

Reactions: Snipe260
gonzaga - Good shot! This time of year out here, flies always seem to get more pesky while I'm trying to shoot. I don't know what it is, but they insist on landing on me, my rifles, whatever they can do to aggravate me. I've got an old jug of artificial maple syrup that's not fit for human consumption (at least IMHO); perhaps the best use for it would be to put a few drops on a paper target and let it attract flies. If I have no luck picking them off, could always put a bit on a steel plate - in that case, 'close' would be good enough - but where's the challenge in letting bullet splatter wipe 'em out?

Reactions: wh20crazy
gonzaga - Good shot! This time of year out here, flies always seem to get more pesky while I'm trying to shoot. I don't know what it is, but they insist on landing on me, my rifles, whatever they can do to aggravate me. I've got an old jug of artificial maple syrup that's not fit for human consumption (at least IMHO); perhaps the best use for it would be to put a few drops on a paper target and let it attract flies. If I have no luck picking them off, could always put a bit on a steel plate - in that case, 'close' would be good enough - but where's the challenge in letting bullet splatter wipe 'em out?
Flatland1 - I suppose with a paper target, you can take it back and keep it as a form of taxidermy trophy. If shot on steel, it might not be as easy or cost effective to keep in the shooting journal. ;)
Gonzaga - good shooting! I still have not yet bagged my first fly. Would it be considered illegally baiting if I put a piece of a chicken tender with honey BBQ sauce near the bullseye?

YMMV, happy shooting.

So I took the 457 put to shoot a few today. As I was shooting a group, this fly happened to land on my target. I slid the cross hairs over to the left and squeezed the trigger....lol.
I laughed and giggled like a school girl....

Excellent! That guy became road kill!

I just got my 457 pro varmint a couple of weeks ago and have been completely impressed with it and so much fun to shoot. I cherry picked a 10 shot group at 100 yards fighting some wind. The gun was shooting my tightest groups that day. I was shooting economical 556 green tip from my American ranch at 100 yards and it was like shooting mortar rounds down range. I have only shot two sessions with the CZ, 1x at 50 yards and at 100 yards. I've tried out CCI SV, Aguila Super Extra SV, SK target flatnose, and RWS rifle match. Everything shot very well, except the Aguila. All in all, I was happy with the rifle at 50y, and cracking up at 100y. Son of a gun, I can't wait to get back to the range. The two hour covid limited sessions at my range go by way too fast.

D35571ED-455B-4FDC-85DF-D9658146FE9C_1_105_c.jpeg

Flatland, Mr. Wolf, this time of the year them dang flies love to bite on a guy. Most annoying thing for me.
I've always have heard about rifles shooting bugholes and now I have seen it.
Peahi2,
That is an impressive group at 100. How big is that sticker, 2"?
What is this 2 hour time limit and your range?, that is crazy, here at the Whittington I can spend all day there and not get to shoot at all of the ranges.
I'll take the CZ out again this weekend... I need to break in my Kimber 45 that I just bought a few weeks ago.
I need to do the paperwork for my 22 can that I just bought also....

Flatland, Mr. Wolf, this time of the year them dang flies love to bite on a guy. Most annoying thing for me.
I've always have heard about rifles shooting bugholes and now I have seen it.
Peahi2,
That is an impressive group at 100. How big is that sticker, 2"?
What is this 2 hour time limit and your range?, that is crazy, here at the Whittington I can spend all day there and not get to shoot at all of the ranges.
I'll take the CZ out again this weekend... I need to break in my Kimber 45 that I just bought a few weeks ago.
I need to do the paperwork for my 22 can that I just bought also....

Actually, its a 3 inch sticker.
Yes, two hour time limits...due to covid, lol.
and wow, we can only dream of cans in California....Gavin Newsom and the libs would never let us have "Silencers." lol. Unfortunately, they are always making anti 2a moves...nonstop. Restriction after restriction. The Peoples Republic of California is out to get us gunowners out here.

Beautiful day to shoot, but rushed plans and wasn’t feeling too well.
Nevertheless trigger therapy is needed on a gorgeous fall day like today.
Temp 75, humidity 54%, 3-4 MPH left to right winds.

Eley Target and Eley Club. Shot a 5 shot group for sighters, then 6x5 at 50 yards, then 3 groups of 5 at 100 yards.
Also making a debut is the TBAC 22 TD suppressor.

Not my best outing but similar to others CZ 457s, Eley ammo is not the best shooting ammo.
Probably me, might be the ammo, and I’m not sure what effect the suppressor had on the groups if any.

6x5 at 50 yards, prone with bipod and rear bag
Eley Target avg = .597, best = .523
Eley Club avg = .859, best = .649

(The top row, middle group with the Eley Club was very interesting... 1 flying and 4 shots into a single hole.
I’ll have to check the torque settings on the rifle in case something is loose.)

3x5 at 100 yards, prone with bipod and rear bag
Eley Target avg = 1.462, best = 1.111
Eley Club avg = 1.429, best 1.320

My assessment: beautiful day to shoot. Probably should have shot the group with and without the suppressor but so much fun to shoot with a suppressor. Feeling rushed and under the weather isn’t ideal, but hey, it’s better than riding the desk all day at work.

Future testing: RWS Rifle Match and Lapua Center-X

6A36E7C1-3516-4353-846C-1FE723769487.jpeg
D1F2A69B-D05D-4649-8202-6F935D6FEBD6.jpeg
9F43A5BF-AB60-4989-910C-F1BE4572F4F6.jpeg
964BED09-97B8-4BBB-B2FA-08D0513C10C2.jpeg

Reactions: Appalachian
We had our first local Precision Rimfire Rifle match yesterday. My 22LR CZ 457 At-One -- which I had purchased specifically for these matches -- took top place in the Sporter Class, and kept up nicely with the Match/Unlimited Class that included Anschutz and other higher dollar rimfire guns. The match gave you 30 minutes total to shoot unlimited sighters and 40 scored shots at a variety of target types and sizes (including some aspirin and Tums tablets glued to a black sheet of paper), all at 50 yards, shooting from a prone position with separate front and rear rests. On the bullseye targets, I tied for 2nd place overall including combined with the Match/Unlimited guys, and I actually took top score overall (hitting 9 of the 10 tablets helped!) among all the completion classes. Yeah, a Vudoo is on my wish list, but if I can be this competitive with the CZ, I'm happy as-is!

Here is a photo of my best group among the bullseye style targets (this target was 4" color-splash target, extra points for hitting the center white sighting dot).

CZ 457s rule! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_9102.JPG
    IMG_9102.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 80
Congrats man! Thanks for sharing. You were punching above your weight class! Do you have any pics of your gun setup? Keep up the good work.

I second the request for gun pictures.
What ammo did you use for the match?
Impressive results and congratulations.

Cheers and happy shooting.
We had our first local Precision Rimfire Rifle match yesterday. My 22LR CZ 457 At-One -- which I had purchased specifically for these matches -- took top place in the Sporter Class, and kept up nicely with the Match/Unlimited Class that included Anschutz and other higher dollar rimfire guns. The match gave you 30 minutes total to shoot unlimited sighters and 40 scored shots at a variety of target types and sizes (including some aspirin and Tums tablets glued to a black sheet of paper), all at 50 yards, shooting from a prone position with separate front and rear rests. On the bullseye targets, I tied for 2nd place overall including combined with the Match/Unlimited guys, and I actually took top score overall (hitting 9 of the 10 tablets helped!) among all the completion classes. Yeah, a Vudoo is on my wish list, but if I can be this competitive with the CZ, I'm happy as-is!

Here is a photo of my best group among the bullseye style targets (this target was 4" color-splash target, extra points for hitting the center white sighting dot).

CZ 457s rule! :cool:

You were punching above your weight class! Do you have any pics of your gun setup?

Thanks! As far as the setup, pretty basic, actually. I fitted it with Pete's Pillars and then Acraglas bedded the action. Several types of ammo were tested to find out what it likes -- Eley Match EPS in a specific lot is what I ended up with. The scope is a Vortex Diamondback FFP 6-24x.

Here's a photo of it next to its big brother, an Accuracy International LE .308.
WallPhoto457.jpg

Noon time "Tee time" at the 50 out here in California. So far so good, bone stock out of the box; haven't adjusted the trigger yet. There was some wind and some small gusts, but did ok.

I am really liking the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50. It's been great at its price point and I'm considering buying another one for an incoming AR.

50521728506_4313074654_b.jpg

Setup: Nice day at the range. 83 F, 77% humidity. 4-6 MPH tailwinds/switching.
CZ 457 with RWS Rifle Match (RWS RM), Lapua Center-X (CX), Lapua Biathlon-Xtrema (BX).
Prone on a shooting mat with a bipod and rear bag.
6x5 shot at 50 yards, then 2 group of 5 at 100 yards and 8 shot group at 200 yards (10 shots but 2 were to verify getting on paper and or adjusting turrets to hit center).
Shooting sequence: RWS RM 6x5 @ 50, CX 6x5 @ 50, BX 6x5 @ 50, RWS RM 2x5 @ 100, CX 2x5 @ 100, BX 2x5 @100, RWS RM 10 shots @ 200, CX 10 shots @ 200, BX 10 shots @ 200. No foulers shot, 2 200 yard shots used to either get on paper or get to center of target.

Results:
50 yards
RWS RM avg = .676, best = .424, zero @ 50
CX avg = .415, best = .301, zero @ 50
BX avg = .657, best = .533, -.2 mil @ 50

100 yards
RWS RM avg = 1.102, best 1.055, 1.8 mil @ 100
CX avg = 1.076, best = 1.061, 1.9 mil @ 100
BX avg = 1.067, best = .861, 1.7 mil @ 100

200 yards
RWS RM 8 shot group = 4.198, 7.0 mil @ 200
CX 8 shot group = 2.467, 6.9 mil @ 200
BX 8 shot group = 2.785, 6.7 mil @ 200

Discussion:
1. As many have previously pointed out, Center X really shoots well near and at distance
2. Biathlon Xtrema had rather poor 50 yard results, but really shined at 100 yards and beyond. Likely shooter error, but more testing with this ammo is warranted
3. Biathlon Xtrema was hotter than the other 2 ammo. It only required 6.7 mil elevation at 200 compared to the others that were around 7.0 mil. I though i heard a few cracking the sound barrier. I wonder if this could have contributed to the scattered pattern.
4. RWS RM probably deserves another shot as I was fiddling with the bipod height and getting settled into a natural point of aim (NPOA) midway through the 6x5. My method of establishing NPOA was to have a gentle grip on the rear bag and rear stock with my shooting hand on the ground beneath the trigger. Then I relaxed fully and exhaled. If the crosshairs were not on the target, I would shimmy to get the crosshairs to line up on the target, then check position again as stated previously. Once the crosshairs were fully stable I would gently grab the stock with my firing hand and pull directly backwards while not disturbing the sight alignment/picture.
5. I was surprised by how well CX shot out to 200. I wish I had more time and ammo in hand to test
6. First 1 or 2 shots were off when changing ammo, but this rifle didn’t seem to mind switching between RWS FM and CX much. Both had the greasy lube where the BX had more of the traditional wax, but the BX groups did not improve through the 6x5 progression so I don’t think fouling played as much of a role during my session today

I’d welcome your constructive criticism and comments so I can improve as a marksman and hopefully help others to get the most out of the CZ 457.

YMMV and happy shooting.
D1226666-A2BF-41B0-BBED-3686DC55FD5A.jpeg
D8EA89C1-0C6F-40D9-A4FF-7E1EDC827C02.jpeg
0A95422A-32CF-4F47-BC33-45F443B35A5C.jpeg
43DF4997-3A87-44DC-BCC2-6BA282119E17.jpeg
9275D174-7653-4DFE-984B-DB8D64E4CCB6.jpeg
4AD15A0D-1F2F-4F49-BC5E-BEA90DC0D18D.jpeg
BC8BB654-FD2E-4B27-B9F0-A7F033C42538.jpeg

I've had it to the range 3 times now, I feel it has potential as a Factory BR gun. I'm still trying to make my trigger work the way I want, and my rest set-up isn't working well for me. I think I have the solution, and a new Edgewood "The Edge" front bag is ordered. I will have all winter to practice while I'm in FL.

50512670263_53f9348879_b.jpg

50513379881_fdc0b19a0a_b.jpg

Reactions: Sc0- and Tokay444
...my rest set-up isn't working well for me.

As part of what you like or don't like about your rest setup, what do you think about that rear mechanical rest (I presume that's either an ABRA or Holeshot) with your CZ? I've been wondering if it would work well for me at matches that require separate front and rear rests -- I currently use a leather Protektor Mid Ear rest bag for the rear.

As part of what you like or don't like about your rest setup, what do you think about that rear mechanical rest (I presume that's either an ABRA or Holeshot) with your CZ? I've been wondering if it would work well for me at matches that require separate front and rear rests -- I currently use a leather Protektor Mid Ear rest bag for the rear.
It is a Holeshot. I have an Arnold roller top one piece rest for my UL BR rifle. Right now it is very hard to keep the gun upright. The rear rest doesn't help at all. As I said. I have an Edgewood "The Edge" front bag on order. I think that will give me the stability I need. I have owned a lot of different rest, including a Neo, I like the rear adjustment best.

It is a Holeshot... I like the rear adjustment best.

I've ordered one and it's on its way to add to my 'collection' of rests. I have the capability of machining/lathing Delrin and prototyping in 3D Print, so I can customize the rear riser if necessary. I'm also on the list for a SEB MINI front rest. It seems like the two together might make for an "almost benchrest" setup for matches that require front and rear rests as two pieces... that's my hope, anyway!

I've ordered one and it's on its way to add to my 'collection' of rests. I have the capability of machining/lathing Delrin and prototyping in 3D Print, so I can customize the rear riser if necessary. I'm also on the list for a SEB MINI front rest. It seems like the two together might make for an "almost benchrest" setup for matches that require front and rear rests as two pieces... that's my hope, anyway!
Any chance you go by a different user name on the RFA forum? If so I sent you a PM.

I am looking to get a CZ 457 with 16” threaded heavy barrel probably going to put it in a Bravo to match the feel of my Long rang hunting rifle. What stock would be easiest to sell on the Hide? The Boyds At-One or their Pro Varmint?

Got the MTR, 419 MOA rail and Vortex PST Gen ll 3-15x50 FFP EBR-2C MRAD. Might have to swap out the stock as I'm not to sure about the feel. Haven't made it to the range yet, waiting on weather. This one will compliment my 455PTw/lilja barrel, 10-22 custom build w/ Lilja barrel, Tikka T1X, 452 American and Bergara BXR. It is fun.

Looks like a Pro Varmint with some nice additional paint work....

Edit - Just went and looked at mine and that is not the factory Pro Varmint stock.... Similar but not.

Got the MTR, 419 MOA rail and Vortex PST Gen ll 3-15x50 FFP EBR-2C MRAD. Might have to swap out the stock as I'm not to sure about the feel. Haven't made it to the range yet, waiting on weather. This one will compliment my 455PTw/lilja barrel, 10-22 custom build w/ Lilja barrel, Tikka T1X, 452 American and Bergara BXR. It is fun.
Got out to the range today for a few minutes. Did a quick bore sight, loaded 10 rounds
RWS, shot 2 for sighters at 25 yds, made scope adjustments and then finished the other 8 rounds on the orange circle. Then put up a target at 50 yds and loaded 5 more rounds. After 4 rounds you just wonder if you should take that 5th shot, never fails. These were the 1st rounds out of this new rifle and I was shooting left handed with bi pod and rear bag. Going to have to make a trigger adjustment and start searching for some good ammo.
457mtr.jpg
457 target.jpg
457 target1.jpg

Will an aftermarket chassis improve the accuracy of the CZ 457 varmint? would it be worth getting a chassis for it other than just for looks and feel?

I have a 457 Pro Varmint I love, but my cheek/comb is built up so much with tape and padding almost no one else can shoot it. Sooooo I was looking at something like a KRG Bravo or Boyds AT ONE with adjustability. Any other stocks like that I can look at that will let me drop the 457 in easily? I looked at drilling out my stock and a project, but barely have enough time to shoot at it is right now so that's not my 1st option. Thanks