• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

Just picked up a CZ 457 pro varmint and was curious as to what everyone was doing for scope mounts/rails? I was interested in the DIP rail because I already have some rings but I’ve heard of some issue with the rail moving.
I have a dip rail on my cz457 at one varmint and it works great no issues

Reactions: CWOGUNNER
Evening gents,
Need some sage advice. Time to get the CZ up and running so I ordered a Midas TAC and some Vortex Precision low rings. I plan on using it for target shooting (might try the base class thing I keep reading about :) ) but I will also use it to lay waste to the squirrels that are infesting my bird feeder and possible my attic (No I won't be shooting them in the attic) so I wanted to ask what base ya'll suggest. The bird feed is 15 to 20 yards away and I'm not sure what the max distance is in competition. Planning on going with a BScar or an Area 419. Do y'all suggest 15MOA or 30/35MOA base. Thank you for the help and putting up with the stupid question! :)

Last edited:
Evening gents,
Need some sage advice. Time to get the CZ up and running so I ordered a Midas TAC and some Vortex Precision low rings. I plan on using it for target shooting (might try the base class thing I keep reading about :) ) but I will also use it to lay waste to the squirrels that are infesting my bird feeder and possible my attic (No I won't be shooting them in the attic) so I wanted to ask what base ya'll suggest. The bird feed is 15 to 20 yards away and I'm not sure what the max distance is in competition. Planning on going with a BScar or an Area 419. Do y'all suggest 15MOA or 30/35MOA base. Thank you for the help and putting up with the stupid question! :)
If you're putting a Midas tac on it then a 30 moa will still let you zero at 25 yards and shoot out past 300. Might as well get the 30

Reactions: nikonNUT
If you're putting a Midas tac on it then a 30 moa will still let you zero at 25 yards and shoot out past 300. Might as well get the 30
Thank you, sir! Just wanted to be sure I could bust a fluff rat AND test my mettle at some point! Much appreciated!

Anyone have a 16.5" royal? I'm thinking a suppressed royal would be an awesome squirrel and bunny killer. I already have an M.T.R. How are people liking the royal?

Anyone have a 16.5" royal? I'm thinking a suppressed royal would be an awesome squirrel and bunny killer. I already have an M.T.R. How are people liking the royal?
I think it is a sweet rifle but I'm not sure if the barrel thread pattern poses a problem. Per CZ... "The Royal can be had with a 16.5″ barrel or a 20.5″ barrel, both threaded 1/2×20 (a European standard)."

I think it is a sweet rifle but I'm not sure if the barrel thread pattern poses a problem. Per CZ... "The Royal can be had with a 16.5″ barrel or a 20.5″ barrel, both threaded 1/2×20 (a European standard)."
Ooh, that's a big deal. I missed that. Wonder who makes an adapter.

i picked up a pro varmint last week, figured it would be a good compliment to my vudoo, and a platform to shoot less expensive ammo, and see what i can do. got it home, and installed a 20x sightron i have. couldnt get the eye relief right due to space limitations on the 11mm groove. tossed a 6x leupold in my bag, grabbed some CCI Std and Fed HV i have stashed and headed out to the field.

bottom target was fired with the sightron, no way i could make it work with the poor fit. swapped to the 6x leupold and was happy with the results. not too bad...i got a rail and super sniper installed now, cant wait to shoot it again.

hth anyone on the fence on purchasing a CZ. the trigger was easy to adjust, i set mine to 2lb with no creep or overtravel. For the money this is a fine rifle. i have been dissappoitned with the other sub 1k 22 i tried, a ruger rpr.

BA8B4D09-B675-45DF-9578-624C18EC3DE3.jpeg
6A809E85-991C-4826-98B6-BE9BA065A66C.jpeg

They've been pumping out some pics on Instagram today.

View attachment 6974547

View attachment 6974548

View attachment 6974549

View attachment 6974550

View attachment 6974551

View attachment 6974552

Smaller, lighter and sleeker -- here's a first look at the new CZ 457 rimfire platform.

The biggest change is the switch to a push-to-fire safety system, which means the safety is no longer 'backwards' to many in the American market.

But that's not all -- other upgrades are as follows: The action has been shortened and slab-sided to reduce bulk and weight, reduced bolt rotation means increased clearance for large scopes, the trigger is adjustable for creep, poundage and overtravel, the bottom metal is now sculpted and sleek, metalwork is finished in nitride to give it the look of a quality blue with the corrosion resistance of stainless, and the interchangeable barrel system and smooth-running magazine system of the 455 is retained unchanged. Last but definitely not least, the firing pin weight has been significantly reduced, resulting in less disruption at the shot and enabling a tad more accuracy.
Shown here as the new 457 Varmint Precision Trainer, it wears a carbon fiber composite stock from the fine folks at @mannersstocks, a 24" heavy threaded barrel and the CZ Rimfire suppressor (sold separately, of course).

Purdy

I’m biased towards the rifles of Finland however.

Got the 457 slapped together and about to head to the range for a sight in. The next barrel will be a 16.5" or 20" but I am digging the little dude and it is too much fun with a Deadair Mask on it!
AT-One.jpeg

What’s the favored stock for these things? CZ Chassis? The Manners one?
If you have a natural high cheek weld or use a wrap on riser then the manners is better, if not the chassis is better. The LRP stock is the middle ground and some people think the best one.

If you have a natural high cheek weld or use a wrap on riser then the manners is better, if not the chassis is better. The LRP stock is the middle ground and some people think the best one.
I actually really like the LRP one. But I can’t find an LRP anywhere.

I actually really like the LRP one. But I can’t find an LRP anywhere.
They're hard to find now for sure but I bet they start showing up used this year. He best stock for sure is to take the manners and have a loggerhead installed but you're talking serious money for a stock that will only fit one specific 22 action.

Reactions: Mr. Z
I like my chassis. I have it dialed in nice and comfy. Sadly, I had to take off the folding stock adapter bc the length of pull was too long.

The pro varmint stock wasn't bad at all.

tempImageiaAzuv.jpg

I really enjoy carrying & shooting my 457 VPT in the Manners stock, but will admit to not caring for any of the chassis systems. Could be that I'm just a grumpy old man, but I strongly prefer the appearance of a conventional stock vs any chassis on the market. I built myself a couple of XC/LR prone HP bolt rifles on Eliseo R5 & MTR tubegun chassis years ago - and did enjoy shooting with them, in spite of some of my HP friends with preferences for wood stocks calling my Eliseos "bumper jacks". None of the current RF & CF precision/tactical rifles I own are in a chassis, most are in Manners T4A or PRS1T stocks, with a few McM A5s in the mix. Glad we have a choice - to each his/her own.

They've been pumping out some pics on Instagram today.

View attachment 6974547

View attachment 6974548

View attachment 6974549

View attachment 6974550

View attachment 6974551

View attachment 6974552

Smaller, lighter and sleeker -- here's a first look at the new CZ 457 rimfire platform.

The biggest change is the switch to a push-to-fire safety system, which means the safety is no longer 'backwards' to many in the American market.

But that's not all -- other upgrades are as follows: The action has been shortened and slab-sided to reduce bulk and weight, reduced bolt rotation means increased clearance for large scopes, the trigger is adjustable for creep, poundage and overtravel, the bottom metal is now sculpted and sleek, metalwork is finished in nitride to give it the look of a quality blue with the corrosion resistance of stainless, and the interchangeable barrel system and smooth-running magazine system of the 455 is retained unchanged. Last but definitely not least, the firing pin weight has been significantly reduced, resulting in less disruption at the shot and enabling a tad more accuracy.
Shown here as the new 457 Varmint Precision Trainer, it wears a carbon fiber composite stock from the fine folks at @mannersstocks, a 24" heavy threaded barrel and the CZ Rimfire suppressor (sold separately, of course).
Great pics Tucker!!!

Ad photos of the 457 Sporter like these were what inspired me to buy one in the 1st place. I thought it was a pretty classy looking rifle then, and after getting mine and being very disappointed with its lack of accuracy, then chambering & fitting a Shilen ratchet barrel to it, I've now got a rifle that shoots at least as good as it looks....

Check XLR, think they make a shorter receiver extension, aka buffer tube
Thanks for the info Gunny! I was like holy smokes, eureka! But then I read the following:

*NOTE: XLR buffer tubes have a proprietary outside diameter to provide added strength for the larger caliber rifles our stocks are used with. They are not compatible with traditional AR buttstocks and are notinterchangeable with A2-style stocks.

Such a downer...I was very hopeful. Unless someone has been able to make it work and can chime in...

Thanks for the info Gunny! I was like holy smokes, eureka! But then I read the following:

*NOTE: XLR buffer tubes have a proprietary outside diameter to provide added strength for the larger caliber rifles our stocks are used with. They are not compatible with traditional AR buttstocks and are notinterchangeable with A2-style stocks.

Such a downer...I was very hopeful. Unless someone has been able to make it work and can chime in...
First, I'm not a Marine, that's Gunny Hathcock in the avatar. Just so there's no allegation of that. I was Army but did know him, went through his local school, gave him rides to training and helped put his new roof on-and had some ass chewings that I won't forget.

While it will add to the price-you could have a hybrid with XLR's stocks?

Wondering if anyone here has come up with a DIY adjustable cheek setup on a ProVarmint stock? My dad and I have pretty dramatic differences in what fits us....the Hide has some amazing creative ideas.

Wondering if anyone here has come up with a DIY adjustable cheek setup on a ProVarmint stock? My dad and I have pretty dramatic differences in what fits us....the Hide has some amazing creative ideas.
Get a cheek pack. Triad Tactical makes a nice one with a synthetic suede side that is comfortable. You build the height with strips of Velcro that come with the pack. Super easy to add or remove the Velcro strips to change height. I used strong adhesive Velcro to attach it to the stock so it does not require the straps around the bottom. I have also seen people add the victor titan cheek rest, but it is not adjustable.
039D7C65-8CDB-4A39-8A59-71F14089886A.jpeg

Last edited:
nice thanks for the heads up. my buddy made a non-adjustable for me, but if i can get an adjustable route that is best option thanks.

I heated a sheet of Kydex and layed it over my stock and let it cool some. Then cut and shaped the kydex into cheek rest shape. Then run a strip of Velcro down the center of the cheek rest and down the comb of the stock. Simple.
AR15-SBR

Well I jettisoned the Area 419 pic rail
(with a heavy heart. No complaints other than the height) and added a Triggers by Scar 25MOA version. I have to say the fit and finish are every bit as good as the 419 unit. Pluses... I can drop my cheek piece one click so I can get the bolt out without moving anything and I can get a good cheek weld now. Other plus is that the scope to barrel clearance is much closer which should be a good thing? Cons... The grub screws are fragile! Felt the allen slip on the final torque (8 in/lbs. I think I read that somewhere) but not concerned as I have machinist-y ways to get it out if I must and front scope cap has got to go as it hits the barrel (aprrox. 1/8" clearance from bell to barrel) but easily corrected with a Timber Creek bikini scope cover. Only other con is that if the center of the scope is right over the ejection port a scope level won't work. Luckily I have that part of the scope forward enough to employ the Ariska scope tool. Not being hyper critical just pointing out my trials and tribulations. BScar does great work and I am well pleased with the change!
3CBE2475-2187-4729-B836-049A72AE0404.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Well I jettisoned the Area 419 pic rail
(with a heavy heart. No complaints other than the height) and added a Triggers by Scar 25MOA version. I have to say the fit and finish are every bit as good as the 419 unit. Pluses... I can drop my cheek piece one click so I can get the bolt out without moving anything and I can get a good cheek weld now. Other plus is that the scope to barrel clearance is much closer which should be a good thing? Cons... The grub screws are fragile! Felt the allen slip on the final torque (8 in/lbs. I think I read that somewhere) but not concerned as I have machinist-y ways to get it out if I must and front scope cap has got to go as it hits the barrel (aprrox. 1/8" clearance from bell to barrel) but easily corrected with a Timber Creek bikini scope cover. Only other con is that if the center of the scope is right over the ejection port a scope level won't work. Luckily I have that part of the scope forward enough to employ the Ariska scope tool. Not being hyper critical just pointing out my trials and tribulations. BScar does great work and I am well pleased with the change!
View attachment 7590675
Nice set-up. I usually mount my bubble level in front of the far forward ring and had enough clearance.
I like the low sight over bore. I sanded down the front scope cover and it now clears easily. My objective is 50mm and depending on your scope cover it may work as well.
YMMV, happy shooting.

Nice set-up. I usually mount my bubble level in front of the far forward ring and had enough clearance.
I like the low sight over bore. I sanded down the front scope cover and it now clears easily. My objective is 50mm and depending on your scope cover it may work as well.
YMMV, happy shooting.
I will tinker with it this weekend. The caps I am running are Monstrum and even the rubber cup that holds the cap on the bell interferes so I am not sure what my final out come will be but I love experimenting! :LOL:

Odd question here: Can I put a Varmit/Heavy barrel into the CZ 457 Royal stock? Will it fit? If not what type of barrel do I need, they don't sell them as "Royal" just "heavy" vs "American" profile from what I can tell.

Thank you

I have been looking for a Tikka T1 22rf and they don't exist. But have found several CZ Royals and one with the Boyd's adj stock.

Are all the 457 going to be the same action with adjustable trigger and the same quality barrel? Will the CZ perform as well out of the box as the Tikka? They are about $100 more money.

Bill

Only the MTR designated versions have the, “Match Chamber”.

I didnt have the time to read through 30+ pages of thread but do have an observation and question.

CZ 457 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready | CZ-USA​

https://cz-usa.com › product › cz-457-american-synthetic

With a hardy synthetic stock and a muzzle threaded 1/2x28, this rifle makes an ideal rimfire suppressor host!

I did a lot of research and just bought a CZ American with a synthetic stock., 20 inch barrel. Found a good price at Hyatt Guns of Charlotte NC, $439.00, seemed lik a good deal. According to the reviews it will shoot one ragged hole at 50 yds and well sub moa at 100. I like the synthetic stock and nitride finish because Im not always the most careful with things, thats why I usually go for stainless.

So on to the question.

I figure realistically the longest Ill shoot this thing is 300 yds. Will I need a rail with elevation for that distance, if so how much 10moa? 20? or will just a flat rail suffice for that distance?

Attachments

• 1617567199327.png
    1617567199327.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 62
I didnt have the time to read through 30+ pages of thread but do have an observation and question.

CZ 457 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready | CZ-USA

https://cz-usa.com › product › cz-457-american-synthetic

With a hardy synthetic stock and a muzzle threaded 1/2x28, this rifle makes an ideal rimfire suppressor host!

I did a lot of research and just bought a CZ American with a synthetic stock., 20 inch barrel. Found a good price at Hyatt Guns of Charlotte NC, $439.00, seemed lik a good deal. According to the reviews it will shoot one ragged hole at 50 yds and well sub moa at 100. I like the synthetic stock and nitride finish because Im not always the most careful with things, thats why I usually go for stainless.

So on to the question.

I figure realistically the longest Ill shoot this thing is 300 yds. Will I need a rail with elevation for that distance, if so how much 10moa? 20? or will just a flat rail suffice for that distance?
I would think it will depend on your scope. I'm running a Midas TAC 6-24x50 and with a 50 yard zero I have 16.8 MILS of elevation with a triggers by Scar 25MOA rail. Per my ballistics software (for spit balling) I need right at 14.0 MILs to dial to 300 yards with SK Standard Plus. That gets me where I need to be with 2.8MILs to spare so I'm not maxing out the erector. Your results will probably be different but you get the idea...

Reactions: Maggot
Trigger question. Installed a YoDave sping (to hold me over until BScar starting shipping his CZ457 two stage) and buttoned everything up. Should I re-peen the trigger pivot pin (Thinking a spring loaded center punch) or will it be fine? I want it to stay put but the part that surrounds the trigger shoe is pot metal so I'm lerry...

Last edited:
Trigger question. Installed a YoDave sping (to hold me over until BScar starting shipping his CZ457 two stage) and buttoned everything up. Should I re-peen the trigger pivot pin (Thinking a spring loaded center punch) or will it be fine? I want it to stay put but the part that surrounds the trigger shoe is pot metal so I'm lerry...
I bought a trigger pin from Bscar to replace mine after I put the YoDave spring in. It’s a nicely machined pin with a circlip on each end to keep it in place.

I bought a trigger pin from Bscar to replace mine after I put the YoDave spring in. It’s a nicely machined pin with a circlip on each end to keep it in place.
Just ordered one! Thank you!

Anyone have any tips to get the most out of a cz457 pro varmint? It’s shoots pretty well I think anyway. Bone stock but can shoot one hole groups at 25yds with good ammo. Just wondering if there are any tips/tricks etc to help even more. Any ideas are appreciated

---Deleted---

Do not try to circumvent the PX by posting a WTB post in a technical thread. This is your first, and only warning.

Last edited by a moderator: