• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

D.I.Y. Rear Bags

Had a DIY bug itching me tonight and had seen this thread lately and became determined to make me a rear bag. Not perfect by my any means, but heck, for my first time on a sowing machine I think it turned out pretty nice. Found the fabric and poly beads at a local fabric store and made a 4x6x7 cube. Even had enough left over for another one if I want!

Attachments

• IMAG00031.jpg
    IMAG00031.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 38f0b47a-bc7b-480b-9683-e2dfd1568684_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    38f0b47a-bc7b-480b-9683-e2dfd1568684_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 49
  • 85b0fa11-4b36-4383-8f4a-52d2c1ebff59_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    85b0fa11-4b36-4383-8f4a-52d2c1ebff59_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 52
I just started making a few different bags for myself this past weekend. This thread would have helped.

I left about 3" of a seam open which was enough to turn the bag inside out so the stitched seam was inside and then whip stitched the opening once I was done filling the bags. Will post pics of that for you though.

And I'd be happy to post templates once I find them. The wife rearranged her sewing bench (which I had confiscated for my projects the other day without asking her permission) and my templates are currently M.I.A. lol

I think that the texture change was the outside edge of the fabric, I think their machine was off kilter or something that day because the other bolts of canvas I have had have never had that on the edges of them.
My wife is a seamstress and this comment made me crack up, because I know exactly how she would react if I took over her workspace! Great looking bags. I’m here getting ideas for my wife to make a few options for me. Thanks for posting!

Here is one I've been making for fellow competitors. Got a roll of WW II military canvas. Using heavy thread used on sails for ocean sailboats. Tough as hell and canvas texture is perfect.

20240325_174137.jpg

20240325_162232.jpg

20240325_174014.jpg

Just roll to change adjustment, won't tear like most bags. Canvas has frayed edges but won't fray past the thread. Too difficult to work with to try and turn inside out. I call it a manly frayed look.

Made a bunch from leather and gave out as Christmas gifts, nice for a while but eventually got shiny smooth and stretched.

Topstrap

Last edited:
I’m always amused when 7 year old threads get bumped. How many pages back did you have to scroll to even find this? (not hating, just curious)

I’m always amused when 7 year old threads get bumped. How many pages back did you have to scroll to even find this? (not hating, just curious)
"Similar threads" strikes again is my bet.

lol. Well, I’m a relative noob to precise long range shooting. (Been hunting for many years, but always kept it within 300 or less). I’m also really new to the hide. So in all my learning and such I got to looking into make a rear support bag, and gathering ideas. I punched it into the search and this is one of the discussions that popped up. I’m just using the app on my phone so there really wasn’t any scrolling. I didn’t pay attention to the date till I responded and slapped my forehead. Realized the OP could be long gone, but it did restart the convo.