• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dems changing house rules to force HR1808 vote tomorrow...

Sure it will get fillibustered. might grind the senate to a halt to stop other bad bills from getting pushed through.
But, as history has shown, lets say theyfilibuster it and go 57 days

The bottom line is, when they get done talking, a vote gets taken. Let's hope they can filibuster for 2 years until the next General Election.

Thurmond was not the only lawmaker to filibuster on the issue, however. According to Senate records, teams of senators consumed 57 days filibustering between March 26 and June 19, the day the Civil Rights Act of 1957 passed.
Edit - Democrats will just give Mitch another pro-China PORK bill and waft the pork under his nose. Mitch and his band of RINOs will cave.​

oh lord... bless your heart. Have a good day.

So, where are all the "ain't no difference between the Republicans and Democrats" guys?

There is no difference and to think otherwise is foolish. Uni-Party bosses allow certain members to vote yes/no to continue the charade of representation. Congressional votes are as authentic as the pretend ones the general public are allowed to "participate" in. Nothing more than theater for the criminally retarded.

So, where are all the "ain't no difference between the Republicans and Democrats" guys?

Do you believe this is worse than all the other shit run down the throats and up the ass of Americans. LOL. What about the needless deaths and murders ordered by the people on both sides? What about the intentional poverty? Think a bit my friend.

I notice they are trying to sneak this through without making a big deal of it in the media.
That's not a good sign.

It fk'n breaks my heart. :( :sick: all those :poop: that are pushing this through
You can't vote them out, because they own the voting machines

Reactions: gigamortis
491C4492-209F-40C6-A905-D28962B4DE2C.jpeg

Not a word mentioned on ABC World news??
Well then.
Don't look at ABC ?
Don't even look at CNN, but they have the story, even claiming that it won't pass senate.

Reactions: BCP
If this stunt doesn't push the house and senate deep red, idk what would. Even if it means the Republicans ain't going to do shit, they sure will complain and campaign on it.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Of course the democrats want to get rid of "assault style weapons" , they don't want their domestic terror operatives to get smoked before they can spread their terror. Just wait, while this bill is held up in the senate, over the next month we're going to see a bunch of high profile mass shootings. Lord knows the left loves a good incident to feed the propaganda machine.

Branden

My apologies for getting the post on the vote wrong. Since I don't trust the media, I go by the house roll call. There are so many votes that its tough to see which one is the actual bill passing, in fact the roll call vote was a little late in posting:

I was looking at vote 408 and the actual vote is 410 (which hadn't been posted when I copied the vote totals).

2 (R)s did cross to vote for. Both retiring. 5 dems voted against.

While McConnel did cave on the red flag shit, he also has a history of sticking it to dems on things like Judges and AWB. If he caves on that, you can personally shoot me after we hang him. He ain't no Lindsay Graham (But he is a turtle).

Sure it will get fillibustered. might grind the senate to a halt to stop other bad bills from getting pushed through.
But, as history has shown, lets say theyfilibuster it and go 57 days

The bottom line is, when they get done talking, a vote gets taken. Let's hope they can filibuster for 2 years until the next General Election.

Thurmond was not the only lawmaker to filibuster on the issue, however. According to Senate records, teams of senators consumed 57 days filibustering between March 26 and June 19, the day the Civil Rights Act of 1957 passed.
Edit - Democrats will just give Mitch another pro-China PORK bill and waft the pork under his nose. Mitch and his band of RINOs will cave.​

That's not how the fillibuster works. At one time, they actually had to speak. Right now with the current rules, you can fillibuster without the extensive speeches.

Also Congress Ends Dec 31. Its an election year. And since they recess more than a kindergarten class, there is a VERY good chance it dies in the senate.

My apologies for getting the post on the vote wrong. Since I don't trust the media, I go by the house roll call. There are so many votes that its tough to see which one is the actual bill passing, in fact the roll call vote was a little late in posting:

I was looking at vote 408 and the actual vote is 410 (which hadn't been posted when I copied the vote totals).

2 (R)s did cross to vote for. Both retiring. 5 dems voted against.

While McConnel did cave on the red flag shit, he also has a history of sticking it to dems on things like Judges and AWB. If he caves on that, you can personally shoot me after we hang him. He ain't no Lindsay Graham (But he is a turtle).​

That's not how the fillibuster works. At one time, they actually had to speak. Right now with the current rules, you can fillibuster without the extensive speeches.

Also Congress Ends Dec 31. Its an election year. And since they recess more than a kindergarten class, there is a VERY good chance it dies in the senate.
maybe I'm a bit thick and laws constantly get revamped. I always thought I stayed up on current events and senate tactics when it comes to 'how to pass a bill'. Please let me know if I miss or where I'm confused on the process.
DocRDS can you please post a link where it states, "current rules, you can filibuster without the extensive speeches."

So as far as I understand -
Bill passes house,
Bill moves to senate for vote
BEFORE a vote can be taken in Senate, 41 senators must threaten to filibuster.
This is a warning to the Senate Majority leader (D) that they will need to gather 60 votes to STOP the filibuster or proceed and face the filibuster.​
"senators have been able to use a “silent” filibuster. Anytime a group of 41 or more senators simply threatens a filibuster, the Senate majority leader can refuse to call a vote." link BUT, current leadership is Democrats, so they'll move Bill forward.​
At this point, cloture is evoked to try to stop the filibuster. cloture
cloture is the only procedure by which the Senate can vote to set an end to a debate without also rejecting the bill​
Should cloture get defeated​
"Should a cloture motion be defeated, the majority leader may enter a motion to reconsider the cloture vote. This allows the majority leader to call up the motion at a subsequent time when he feels he has the votes and thereby obtain an immediate second vote on cloture."​
The next tactic by the minority, after cloture has been invoked, is usually to try to add crazy amendments to kill the bill (since it then has to go back to the house for approval and then back to Senate for the process to start again).​
"Senators who wish to offer amendments to a bill or amendment on which cloture has been invoked must submit their amendments in writing before the cloture vote takes place. First-degree amendments (which propose to change the text of a bill or a committee amendment in the nature of a substitute) must be submitted in writing to the journal clerk when the Senate is in session but no later than 1:00 p.m. on the day after the cloture motion is filed. Second-degree amendments (which propose to amend first-degree amendments) must be submitted at least an hour before the Senate votes on cloture. " cloture
If 60 votes can't be gathered, filibuster starts. During this time, Senate Majority leader (D) starts trying to grease a few senators (R) to jump the isle.
Senate Majority leader then greases and digs for 60 votes (so, Dems try to get 10 Republicans to join them)
Also, if Filibuster is under way, Senators talk till they turn blue.
(here is where My question to @DocRDS ) How can the minority filibuster without the extensive speeches?​
I believed that R's had to talk. At what point, will R's eventually stop talking and a vote takes place. The vote requires 51 in favor of Bill, to move Bill to President for approval.
If I missed something in my thought process, please let me know and chime in.
I'm truly interested how Republicans can stop the bill.​
Tagging in @BigPrince since he mentioned cloture before.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxwell
This is why I followed up that statement with the rhetorical question, “Why do we all agree to be peasants ruled by other men?”.

Do either of you really believe that you/we have any civil or political influence whatsoever over these truly evil people?
We absolutely have no means WITHIN the system to remedy our situation. Slowly but surely backing us into THE corner. How far back is up to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: long range sponge
of all the dumb crap Washington does on a daily basis after looking and listening about this bill I have to wonder If it does not have some unforeseen affects like helping gun companies fight Hollywood , tv and movie theaters that show the movies Hollywood makes toy makers the military and government who send people to recruit at the time kids 18 or younger in school for when they are 18 them self for displaying those supposed weapons of war and pander directly to kids while showing them without the express permission of the gun companies that made those items . if government is going after gun makers for making a product that can't be in any add for tv or that company can be sued or if a crook uses said weapon to commit a crime you would stand to think the gun company would want to seek reimbursement for industries that use there products to directly pander to kids like in movies , or games tv adds the add makers magazine articles anything that uses there products likeness without there permission probably not but it should . not positive I worded it all correctly but it should be close enough .
You worded the fuck out of that one......rest assured.

maybe I'm a bit thick and laws constantly get revamped. I always thought I stayed up on current events and senate tactics when it comes to 'how to pass a bill'. Please let me know if I miss or where I'm confused on the process.
DocRDS can you please post a link where it states, "current rules, you can filibuster without the extensive speeches."

So as far as I understand -
Bill passes house,
Bill moves to senate for vote
BEFORE a vote can be taken in Senate, 41 senators must threaten to filibuster.
This is a warning to the Senate Majority leader (D) that they will need to gather 60 votes to STOP the filibuster or proceed and face the filibuster.​
"senators have been able to use a “silent” filibuster. Anytime a group of 41 or more senators simply threatens a filibuster, the Senate majority leader can refuse to call a vote." link BUT, current leadership is Democrats, so they'll move Bill forward.​
At this point, cloture is evoked to try to stop the filibuster. cloture
cloture is the only procedure by which the Senate can vote to set an end to a debate without also rejecting the bill​
Should cloture get defeated​
"Should a cloture motion be defeated, the majority leader may enter a motion to reconsider the cloture vote. This allows the majority leader to call up the motion at a subsequent time when he feels he has the votes and thereby obtain an immediate second vote on cloture."​
The next tactic by the minority, after cloture has been invoked, is usually to try to add crazy amendments to kill the bill (since it then has to go back to the house for approval and then back to Senate for the process to start again).​
"Senators who wish to offer amendments to a bill or amendment on which cloture has been invoked must submit their amendments in writing before the cloture vote takes place. First-degree amendments (which propose to change the text of a bill or a committee amendment in the nature of a substitute) must be submitted in writing to the journal clerk when the Senate is in session but no later than 1:00 p.m. on the day after the cloture motion is filed. Second-degree amendments (which propose to amend first-degree amendments) must be submitted at least an hour before the Senate votes on cloture. " cloture
If 60 votes can't be gathered, filibuster starts. During this time, Senate Majority leader (D) starts trying to grease a few senators (R) to jump the isle.
Senate Majority leader then greases and digs for 60 votes (so, Dems try to get 10 Republicans to join them)
Also, if Filibuster is under way, Senators talk till they turn blue.
(here is where My question to @DocRDS ) How can the minority filibuster without the extensive speeches?​
I believed that R's had to talk. At what point, will R's eventually stop talking and a vote takes place. The vote requires 51 in favor of Bill, to move Bill to President for approval.
If I missed something in my thought process, please let me know and chime in.
I'm truly interested how Republicans can stop the bill.​
Tagging in @BigPrince since he mentioned cloture before.​
Here's the procedure--its written in legalese, but the basics are you can do other stuff "in the background" in other words, the senate can take up other business rather than force the speeches which is typically what is done:

Page 3 :
Should a cloture motion be defeated, the majority leader may enter a motion to reconsider the
cloture vote. This allows the majority leader to call up the motion at a subsequent time when he
feels he has the votes and thereby obtain an immediate second vote on cloture

Cloture: stop debate and vote on a bill. Basically if 16 people want to stop a debate, it becomes a motion. To pass that motion needs 60 votes. No speeches required. If 41 people say "no", debate is not ended. You don't have to hold the floor or anything.

Then there is this:

Up until the 1970s, Senators had to speak on the chamber floor for a filibuster to happen. But in that decade, the Senate embraced the idea of multitasking.

In order to allow other issues to keep moving forward while Senators waited for a filibuster to end, the chamber changed its rules. From that point on, senators could trigger a filibuster simply by announcing they wanted to block a bill..

This was meant to help the Senate run more smoothly, but it resulted in making the filibuster, one of the greatest obstacles to legislation, incredibly easy to use. Thus began the rise of the modern filibuster.

Reactions: babyguppy
SC will slap this down fast.
It's a dog and pony show. Tops.
Again, the SC has no enforcement arm. They can claim and slap down whatever they want. Action is what makes these happen. Without an ability to enforce anything, what they say really does very little.