• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Digital Camo guys...

CleanMoostang

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2010
Eastern KY
This is a question for any of you DIY guys out there who have done a digital camo job.

Have you ever wanted to add on a layer after you have already removed original patterns?

To further clarify, I have put on a base coat, and then my digital patterns and sprayed to give it a 2-tone effect. After realizing that I have removed my stickers already, I wanted to add a third color to the effect.

Can I just cut patterns in a paper and apply them one at a time while sticking it to the stock, or would it look ok to cut out all new stickers and apply them all over the stock and then spray?

Thanks for any help..

Re: Digital Camo guys...

You will have to use "female" stencils and do each one more less individually. Not too tough and it allows you to go back and add the "one square" detail pieces that really set a good digital job off from a bad one. Good luck. Digital is the hardest pattern to layout, period! I have Duracoated probaby 30 rifles and I still dread digital everytime I do it and there are some firearms I won't apply it to. Just too time consuming.

Re: Digital Camo guys...

Thanks man, I cut out some stencils and saved the female patterns, and a space big enough behind them to stick to the stock and keep from overspray.

I used a method I seen on youtube who wax paper and Scotch 3m Blue tape, and then printing patterns from the internet on to it.

What method have you used?