• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DPMS Classic 20" LR-308?

polytech

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2008
Anybody have one? I'm considering buying one for tactical style competition rifle. I'll probably end up replacing the barrel but I'm curious if the factory barrel will shoot 1moa or a little less with a good handloads.

Right now I have a Geiselle 2-stage match trigger waiting for it and I'll probably put a PRS stock and Troy TRX float tube right off the bat.

Re: DPMS Classic 20" LR-308?

My son has one. We haven't shot it a whole ton as of yet. Will the factory barrel shoot 1MOA or less? I think that some production factory barrels can, but there is no guarantee.

Re: DPMS Classic 20" LR-308?

as far as service rifle specs go 2-3 MOA is considered ok. DPMS rifles have a good reputation of being accurate out of the box. If you swap barrels, free float it, and get a good trigger under 1 MOA is very easily attainable out of large caliber AR platforms.

Back to your original Q. I believe that accuracy under 1 MOA with handholds will be achievable, if you can deal with a heavy trigger.