• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DTA SRS question

Jeeprider

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
PA
Question for you DTA SRS owners. I have a DTA SRS in .308 Win on it's way to me. I was wondering what DTA scope mount I need? I'm planning on mounting a SWFA SS 5-20x50 FFP. Should I go with 20, 30 or 40 moa? Planning on purchasing a .260 Rem barrel soon as well. I'll be shooting from 100-900 yards.

Re: DTA SRS question

Jeep I have AADMOUNTS on both my DTAs and one has the same scope you are getting....they work great and AADMOUNT is a member on the HIDE too.

from DTA's website:

How do I determine which taper to get in my scope mount?
Take your scopes total elevation travel and divide it by two. You will want the taper that is just under the result (example: 70 MOA/2 = 35 so the best choice is 30 MOA taper)
- 40 MOA taper (ideal for scopes with 80+ MOA of elevation adjustment, needed to shoot to 2000+ yards)
- 30 MOA taper (ideal for scopes with 65 - 75 MOA of elevation adjustment, needed to shoot to 1500+ yards)
- 20 MOA taper (ideal for scopes with less than 65 MOA of elevation adjustment, needed to shoot to 1000+ yards)

I run a 30 MOA on mine with a Premier 5-25 and i have plenty o elevation adjustment for my needs.

And you cannot go wrong wity DTAs mounts...I just prefer the AADMOUNTS. Barrett mounts work too.

Would a DTA mount with 20 moa base work? I could get a good deal on one.