• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East Tx Target Shoot Weekend COMPLETED!!! Pics Up

Re: East Tx Target Shoot Weekend

figured I'd offer this up..

I've got a 50% USPSA style target I can throw in with my stuff and bring up i you think we'll need it!

We can use it if you want to bring it. I think we will have about 25 steel targets and then another 25-30 targets like paper and plastics.
Thanks for offering it.

I'll bring my spotting scope... it's an old one but, it works ok. Can't hurt to have extras. It's an old Unertal 24x that I used to use to shoot the national match course with years ago.

Oh, I have an extra piece of steel if you need it. 12" plate in a steel frame that you can hammer in the ground. ( swings and clangs when you hit it )

I'll bring it if you need or want it or, I'll just leave it at home if you don't.

Looks like I'm on brass duty bolt!
Some sort of punishment.........
Come sling some with us. I'll split the brass with ya 50/50!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwoolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll bring my spotting scope... it's an old one but, it works ok. Can't hurt to have extras. It's an old Unertal 24x that I used to use to shoot the national match course with years ago.

Oh, I have an extra piece of steel if you need it. 12" plate in a steel frame that you can hammer in the ground. ( swings and clangs when you hit it )

I'll bring it if you need or want it or, I'll just leave it at home if you don't. </div></div>

please bring the steel and the scope. We can use it all. Thanks for the offer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who's collecting the brass........ </div></div>

You are welcome to pick up any brass left behind but you better watch out for the bald Marine. He is sneaky.

Better get in on this Bolt, its gonna be a blast.

I have donated 3 different duracoat certificates to the prize table for the shoot.

1. 2 color duracoat finish on complete rifle. Stock $ metal (no scope)

2. 1 color stock

3. 1 color barreled action.

Also ordered the new Bushnell HD flashlight as a prize. There is a review of this bad ass flashlight by Captain Kick Ass over in the Snipers Hide Equipment section. Have a few vendors who are willing to send donations to the shoot as well. Dont know what they will be or how many yet but it looks really good. Im sure we will all have a great time.

yea, me being a poor man I'll need to pick my brass back up lol. I just got done doing some reloading with 175gr SMK's. I love to reload just not when its raining and hot outside, makes the garage feel like a sauna with no wind. Thanks for working so hard on this stacyp, it will be a good time.

Stacy that is pretty cool on the prizes. Thanks for putting this together again! I look forward to watching CKA .... RUN?

CKA wont be running, he will be busy with his tithings...

Whats all this BS about running? If I do any running its gonna be my head and my fourwheeler! All that exercise bullshit is way over rated. If you wanna get my heart rate up prior to shooting put a friggen coldbeer out of arms reach!

MisguidedChild thinks straining himself means opening his eyes. Thats why he has Willard with him all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MisguidedChild thinks straining himself means opening his eyes. Thats why he has Willard with him all the time. </div></div>

lol, poor Willard gets abused so much ......

lol, hes probably not coming because of everything he's read on here!

It depends on how far the truck is parked away from the store!

You drink coors light and that's not real beer so it's not real exercise. You must fully comply with the rules of exercise. Shiner is real beer and will count as full exercise when on a beer run to retrieve Shiner. Please refer to the rules of beer run section 2b. 34 paragraph (4).

Man misguided you are rough on someone who takes care of you the way Willard does .........

Aw man, coors light? No, no, no, BAD! Drink real beer: Shiner is a good one, I pretty much drink wheat beer though.

Wheat beer? Your wife has cake balls? Holy shit man...You sure its ok for you to come shoot and stay out in the woods and get dirty shooting? Im thinking this might be an "Are you living the highlife" moment. DO you have rhinestones or studs on your rifle sling? Holy shit Batman!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wheat beer? Your wife has cake balls? Holy shit man...You sure its ok for you to come shoot and stay out in the woods and get dirty shooting? Im thinking this might be an "Are you living the highlife" moment. DO you have rhinestones or studs on your rifle sling? Holy shit Batman!!! </div></div>

Haha that was funny .....

Had a call about camping today. Just wanted to make sure everyone knows we will be shooting in the area of the camp. We won't be shooting towards the camp but the camp must be clear of people while the 2 stages close to the camp are being ran. We will have radio communication thru the RO's and can stop a stage to let someone into camp and back out if needed. It is important for everyone to remember there will be shooting all over and they must stay with their group.

Its ok though, my rhinestones are camo to match my rifle! Its so chic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its ok though, my rhinestones are camo to match my rifle! Its so chic! </div></div>

I can't waite to see that!

I learned how to rhinestone by watching stacyp. And dont worry, I dont like "brown-eyes" like stacyp does...

Alright Stacy its your call on whether or not I bring thus stuff up there but it appears that Cabelas now sells Tannerite....At least I'm assuming it is or at least pretty close. I picked up a couple of small jars when I was there the other day. Havent had a chance to play with it yet though.
Cabelas Star Targets

We will have a tannerite stage set up. That was planned from the start but im waiting to see how many shooters we have before I order it. Thats one reason for getting your money in 2 weeks before. You are welcome to bring some if you want.

Exploding targets, thats awesome! Stacyp, I am sending money your way within the next few days.

would it be cool to just come and hang out maybe do some grunt work?

I sent a pm but read previous post about camping in the range area. No hang out at camp during the shoot. I can use volunteer range officers.

got it, I will be a range officer. will confirm in a day or so.

confirmed. and +1 on the range officer my friend will be coming with me.

Gotcha on the 2 RO's coming. Thanks for the help.

Picked up some targets for myself and a couple for CKA this evening at OUTBACK WELDING. Great targets. Geordy makes some nice stuff and the price is right as well. I got a few hanging plates and CKA got 2 bad ass targets. One is a hostage flapper and the other is a round plate on top of a post with a spring in the middle. Once hit, the target flops around for a while so its a lot harder on follow up shots. Great job by OUTBACK WELDING.

That will make about 30 pieces of steel (if misguided child comes thru with his). There will also be about 25 or so other targets in this shoot. Be ready to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmdakota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">confirmed. and +1 on the range officer my friend will be coming with me. </div></div>

Load up the rifles/pistols and get some practice in while you are there. Shame to waste good opportunity to learn and get to shoot out long range. Dont be afraid to ask for help, everyone is willing to help. We will have some time to shoot and practice. If you can come Friday, Im sure we will be done with setting up the range in time to shoot some Friday afternoon. You will regret it if you dont bring the rifles.

I am going to take full advantage of all of the knowledge that is going to be there...I'll just have to do it before the beer starts flowing lol.

Lol 10-4 misguided, wheat beer is to expensive to binge drink anyways lol. 30 stones for 10 bones HAHA! J/k I would never make anyone drink keystone...

You show up with Keystone, you might get ran off. Wash dishes with that shit.

I recieved a couple of nice donations today.

BROWNELLS has donated a nice AR type rifle case, 3 AR mags and some firearm wipes.

I got in one of the new BUSHNELL HD FLASHLIGHTS to give away as well.

That bushnell HD flashlight is something else, I have never seen a square beam before. And its bright as hell! Stacyp, dont worry, I'll get you some Schlitz!

You are washing dishes and cleaning the camp house, policing the targets and any other shit job I can think of. Be warned....
The HD flashlight is nice. I got one for myself too and it kicks ass.

Enjoy the targets boys . Will try to make the next one.

I will keep you informed Geordie. Thanks again for the targets. I built a stand for 1 of the swingers this afternoon. Works nice. Be safe on your trip Down Under.

my boss just informed me that I will have the use of a 10x20 foot canopy for the firing line.

Great dmdakota. Thanks for the use of the canopy. Tell your boss thanks as well. It will be very usefull im sure.