• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Electronic Form 4 Wait Times

Got this yesterday from the ATF

Good afternoon:

As you are aware, eForms has had performance issues for the past three weeks. We are diligently working with experts in the field to resolve the issues. Until we can get the issues resolved we will be implementing automated restarts of the server at 4:00 am, 9:00 am, NOON, and 3:00 pm eastern time. We have determined that the restart of the servers clears “stuck threads” on the servers and improves the overall performance of eForms. We realize that the unscheduled restarts were disrupting your workday and this will allow you to plan around the scheduled restarts.

Restarts will take approximately one hour to complete during which time eForms will not be available. Again, this is only a temporary measure until a more permanent solution is implemented.

Again, daily restarts of the eForms servers will be conducted daily at the following times until further notice:

4:00 am – 5:00 am
9:00 am – 10:00 am
NOON – 1:00 pm
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Finally, Pay.gov has notified us that they will be upgrading their system on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 6:00 PM to Midnight Eastern Time. Pay.gov has advised us that systems using pay.gov will experience a service outage during this period. This means that you will not be able to pay the tax for the eForms 1 and 4 during this time period. Forms can be created and saved to your draft folder until the upgrade is completed and the taxes can be paid.

Thank you for your patience as we try to improve eForms.

I submitted a form 1 yesterday morning. I received an email stating that it was "submitted/in process". Is that the same as "pending"?

I submitted a form 1 yesterday morning. I received an email stating that it was "submitted/in process". Is that the same as "pending"?

Yep, print that submitted paper out as your reference in case you cannot access
It in the future.

Alright, It's finally my turn to report. I submitted two form 4s for a silencerco sparrow and octane 9 on Oct. 30 2013. They were eForms submitted by my dealer. They were approved last week but the system dropped the pdf of the forms with the stamp. Gary at the ATF is supposed to be emailing them to my dealer this week. So a little over 3 months.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Is their any truth to e - filing not lasting long ? Heard their was already a cut off date but wanted to make sure it wasn't just hear say

Is their any truth to e - filing not lasting long ? Heard their was already a cut off date but wanted to make sure it wasn't just hear say

Care to post where you heard that info? I am highly suspicious of any gun store rumors of e-filing going away. Yes they are having issues with it but it kind of what happens when you get shit for nothing IT budget and have to shoestring things. Sadly all those $200 tax stamp payments don't go back into the NFA branch to hire new examiners and upgrade systems.

Well after a few weeks of waiting for a window where my dealer could get my forms submitted electronically they finally made it through. 2 weeks apart but they are in process.

TTF Ark30
Submitted electronically: 04 Mar 2014
Pending: Immediate
Approved:
Stamp in Hand:

TTF Ark
Submitted electronically: 17 Feb 2014
Pending: Immediate
Approved:
Stamp in Hand:

Submitted: 10/05/13 approved 01/15/14
submitted: 10/19/13 approved 01/22/14
submitted: 10/29/13 approved 02/13/14

It seems to be slowing down. I was seeing 3 months to be the average. Called yesterday to see that it is looking to be a hair past 4 months. Last time I came home they said it would clear on 4-02 but since I made it home and I was a day or so past the 3 month I called and they said mid to late april. I said last time yall said the second. They said there is no date ever. Different people different views. The girl I spoke to yesterday was named Victoria. But all have been very polite.

It seems to be slowing down. I was seeing 3 months to be the average. Called yesterday to see that it is looking to be a hair past 4 months. Last time I came home they said it would clear on 4-02 but since I made it home and I was a day or so past the 3 month I called and they said mid to late april. I said last time yall said the second. They said there is no date ever. Different people different views. The girl I spoke to yesterday was named Victoria. But all have been very polite.
They say that when it all shakes out they plan on having eForms at a consistent 6 months. They did tell us (over the phone) to expect the first ones (being 3 months) were sped along to evaluate in house flow or some nonsense.

Form 1 submitted 3/7....

going to sign back on and confirm one item as the site vapor locked on the last deal. But email response following up stated "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS"

Called and talked to Victoria today, and she confirmed what my dealer told me about the 90 days being extended a little longer now. Submitted Dec 30, and Victoria informed me it would be mid to late April.

My 11/7s were approved 3/10 so right at 4 months now. My September eform 1s took right at 3 months. Time will tell how long the wait will end up being.

I hear crickets up in here. Anyone know what dates are getting approved?

Yup, filled Dec 30 and still waiting. It has only been 3 months so far and last I checked they told me, "Sometime in April". If I haven't received anything by the 15th I may try calling again.

Has anyone been able to get on there site recently? Myself and two others have had no luck for at least a week.

Has anyone been able to get on there site recently? Myself and two others have had no luck for at least a week.

I got on last night around 10pm eastern. It really surprised me as I've noticed around after like 5 I can hardly get the login page to load. But last night it went by really smooth. Today no joy at all. First time I'd been able to login in around a week though.

I just called to confirm everything was good with mine. It was submitted and pending 3/16/14. They said it should be approved in July.

I got on last night around 10pm eastern. It really surprised me as I've noticed around after like 5 I can hardly get the login page to load. But last night it went by really smooth. Today no joy at all. First time I'd been able to login in around a week though.

I finally got on tonight and after 2 hours of it freezing up and crashing I gave up. Made it as far as the line item page and it completely stalled out. So frustrating! I envy all who have been able to complete one of these.

I ordered a 30p-1 from my local shop last week. 1-2 weeks to get it in and they are taking about 17 weeks to get the efile back. Will it get approve before or after my AT arrives?

I finally got on tonight and after 2 hours of it freezing up and crashing I gave up. Made it as far as the line item page and it completely stalled out. So frustrating! I envy all who have been able to complete one of these.

Yesterday I received an email from the ATF with updated server restart times. After the first one they sent out a month or so ago I only remembered once to try it shortly afterword and it worked like a charm. Try these. They state the server will be down for one hour after the reset time and it's Eastern so check it out if you think about it. Might have better luck.

Restart times:
4:00 AM
9:00 AM
NOON
3:00 PM
11:00 PM

Called to check my f1 from August 2013 and she said July before it will get approved. No kick backs or anything. Just your tax dollars at work. Have a paper f4 out at the same time. The race is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called to check my f1 from August 2013 and she said July before it will get approved. No kick backs or anything. Just your tax dollars at work. Have a paper f4 out at the same time. The race is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a paper form 1 or electronic form 1?

--Daniel

Called today. Mary told me I went pending Dec 30 and it is nowat 6 months. I asked what happened to last month I was told sometime in april. She laughed rudely and said no... 6 months....

Did I catch the wrong person on the wrong day or is this true?

Called today. Mary told me I went pending Dec 30 and it is nowat 6 months. I asked what happened to last month I was told sometime in april. She laughed rudely and said no... 6 months....

Did I catch the wrong person on the wrong day or is this true?

Dec 30 - April 8 = 3 months 1 wk

first I heard of 6 months being stated by them about eform 4s or 1s.

From what I've heard, they've suspended eForm submissions. Have any of you run across that?

From what I've heard, they've suspended eForm submissions. Have any of you run across that?

That is 100% correct. If you can't enter the efile system, how can you submit a form? You cannot.
It's access to the public has been pulled. The examiners are likely the only ones that have access to
All those various forms that were ALREADY submitted BEFORE the plug was yanked

My interest is in eform approvals at this point. We need to hear some voices that are started to get
Their efile stamps in. Verification on that is important.

So should I wait a couple of weeks to see if it comes back online and e-file, or just go ahead and paper file?

So should I wait a couple of weeks to see if it comes back online and e-file, or just go ahead and paper file?

None have heard a definitive answer as to IF/when efile will come back on.
It's really going to be your judgment call.

I just called to check the status of my Form 4 today. Pending 12 Feb was told it is being processed and should be approved by August so its looking like 6 months. I guess thats better than I read on another NFA area that someone posted they were told that the ATF was not processing eforms until the system comes back online. Im hoping it comes before August. Has anyone in December or January been approved yet?

My dealer sent my efile in the week after SHOT in January. I have not gotten anything back yet. I would be happy if it came in May but I am not anticipating getting it until June or July. This is the NFA game so you have to add additional time or you just get pissed thinking about how inefficient the entire process actually is.

This crap happened just as my order for 3 new Thunder beast cans arrived... Ah Well, typical Govt BS..

I mailed in the paper file for all 3, better to get in "some" line than no line at all.

What worries me is we have not heard anything on that "proposed" policy change they were taking public opinions on last year.

The way things are going I fully expect the noose to get tightened around NFA items real soon so the way I see it, get them while you can and if nothing changes, great, but if something does, at least you will beat a possible deadline.