• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Electronic Form 4 Wait Times

Form 1 submitted 3/7/14
approved 6/30/14

Had an error to correct as of 6/26, made contact via email with the examiner followed by a pleasant as hell phone conversation. Re-applied the form 1, emailed the new control number to the examiner and had an approved stamp within 30 minutes. As a side note the "new" e-form site went really well, no hang ups at all, all of 5 minutes to file. Now to see if they are willing to throw form-4's on there in the near future.

My FFL said they efiled and sent via mail my form 4 trust in early to mid April. I have checked with ATF every few weeks and they don't seem to have the serial #. Is that common or is my FFL full of it and didn't submit? My check went to my FFL for efile but it was just cashed a week or so ago. This should be pending after 3 months.

Efiling went down on April 4th at the end of day. I went on the 5th to Silencershop and was told that is when efiling was taken offline. I ended up having them paper file my can towards the end of April so unless you had bought it and sent it before the 4th it was sent on paper. I'm hoping to get my can in hand before the end of the year and with the way they have been speeding through pending files it might be a reality.

My check was cashed by the middle of May, supposedly 3 weeks after they sent it out. So if your check was just cashed I'd assume it was sent around early to mid June. It should go pending within a week or two of them cashing and then its around a 7-10month wait til in hand.

So, if eFiled, does the FFL always get an email confirmation and/or emailed digital stamp? Considering they have their email address for login, is that standard?

AAC 762 SDN 6
Trust
Silencer Shop
Submitted march 16, 2014
Approved/stamp received July 8, 2014

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

Mine was filed on March 8 and I received my Status Change To Approved email Sunday July 6. My wait was 2 days shy of 4 months. I picked up my Thunderbeast 30BA last night from Scott at Tarheel State Firearms. Scott did say that the Govt had suspended taking new applications electronically but had hired 15 new employees to help speed up the process for all mail submitted applications and the current ones that were submitted electronically. I hope this helps.

saker 556

efiled 3-5-14
approved 7-6-14

just got the call, going to pick up tonight.

EDIT
i had the wrong date originally. i had the 8th for submission.

Last edited:
AAC Element2
e-form 4 submitted: March 10th
Approved and form received: July 7th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBAC 30P-1
Form 4 submitted 2-21-14.
Was told in process 7-1-14, found out ATF didn't send the right e mail. My dealer called them 7-11-14 and they e mail the stamp.
Shot it on my Grendel and an 18" 5.56 last night. Sounds like an unsuppressed .22 rifle.

2- 30P-1
3/16/14 Trust/form4's efiled by dealer
7/15/14 Stamps arrived, picked up cans from dealer

Headed to the range!!!

AEM5 .22 cal
Trust
Form 4 E-Filed on 14 March, 2014 by Jerry Bell
Tax Stamp Recvd by Dealer 7/15/2014
120 Calendar Days
Examiner Shannon Siviero
Picking it up on Saturday

Hmmm... I sent a form 1 in on 3/1 and have not got any word. It still is in the submitted/in process area. I'll have to call them.

AAC Cyclone
Trust
Efiled form 4 last week of Feb
Stamp back first week of July
Right at 4 months

AAC Cyclone
E-file Trust - 03/16/2014
Approved - 07/10/2014

Left for vacation on 07/09/2014 :( LOL
Stamp in hand 07/16/2014

Hang in there. You're not the only one. I have a Form 1 and Form 4 submitted last week of Feb. that haven't hit yet.

I also have a form 4 suppressor submitted March 12, still pending. Until last week they were telling me "September" as an expected approval (6 months). Today I called, they told me "December." What's up with that?

I also have a form 4 suppressor submitted March 12, still pending. Until last week they were telling me "September" as an expected approval (6 months). Today I called, they told me "December." What's up with that?

Same here. Submitted one form 4 on March 19th and they said December the Other day when I called.

Electronic Form 4 Wait Times

You sure your dealer submitted it electronically ?

Sure as shit better have, canceled a paper form 4 to have it efiled.

ETA: just got the call from my dealer saying he got it back today. Looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow!

Submitted/pending: 3/19/2014
Approved: 7/17/2014

Last edited:
Just got email from my dealer: stamp is in!

SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor Form 4:

E-file Trust - 03/12/2014

Approved - 07/18/2014

Just called NFA and they said mine was approved 8 days ago. Called my SOT and he said he hasn't gotten anything. Are the e-forms approved electronically and stamps emailed to the dealer? Or is the stamp snail-mailed as with the paper forms? I'm eager to go pick it up!
Same thing happens to me. Filed on 3/12 and was wondering what was taking so long so I called ATF. They said was approved and emailed to the shop on 7/16 but they have not received approval. Now waiting for ATF to resend to the shop and trying to get them to send it directly to me. What a pain!

E-file March 28th, '14.
Stamp in at dealer July 18th, '14.
3 1/2 months.
In hand 7/21/14. It's a good day.
I started working on this project in may of 2013.
B

Last edited:
Efiled 3-11-14

Approved 7-9-14

I wish they were still operating like this, with a 4 month wait time I would probably buy another one...

Has anyone heard anything about the efile system coming back online for new form 4's?

I have heard that they are starting up with a new software system. Form 4s will not be online until the new system comes up.

AEM 5
Efile trust form 4
Submitted right when Eforms went down. Finally in the system on 4/21/14
Pending ???
Approved 7/24/14
Can in hand 8/02/14
I can't wait to get some rounds out with the MK12.

Last edited:
TBAC 22L-1
Efile Trush Form 4
Submitted/Pending: 4/01/14
Approved: TBD....

So I have called 2-3 times to check and make sure that there aren't any issues, a week or so after it went pending, early June and they have confirmed even as late as 7/29/14 that everything was good. This morning I just called the ATF to check since people who went pending after me are getting theirs back (same reviewer, trust, etc.), and found out some awesome news. On July 24th (5 days before I called, and they confirmed everything was good to go), my stamp was "disapproved". Why? When my dealer was typing in all my info at 3am after being kicked off 6-7 times, he spelled "revocable" "revocabel". So, according to the person I was talking to, the stamp is disapproved and the form cannot be modified/corrected in their system, I forfeit my $200 fee, and since Efile is down, I have to resubmit a paper form and start the process all over... and pay another $200.

I called my dealer, and he is talking with someone there to work it out apparently, and sent them paper copies or something. He is hopeful that they will figure out a work-around to at least try to cut down the review time of the paper form, and he is going to cover any additional costs. Although I wish he had let me know as soon as he found out, he has been great to work with and is doing everything he can to make things right. I understand these things happen, so I'm not upset with him, but man what a crock on the ATF's part. If it was my name or address, maybe, but a common word on these forms? And to make it worse, I talked to them 5 days after it was "disapproved" and they said everything was still good. Ridiculous....