• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F1 Austin, TX

KTDLS7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
D-FW, TX
Watching the F1 on Speed. They actually pulled off building a world class facility in a short time. Circuit of the Americas is a fabulous facility and very impressive. I'm from Austin and raced SCCA BP Corvette. Closest road courses were TIS in Bryan and DIMS in Dallas. Oh well, time marches on . . .

Kevin

Re: F1 Austin, TX

Yes, great track. I was there for the race. Going back next year. Truly a world class track. Hope F1 catches on in the US. It took a major hit after the Indy fiasco. I hear they may get an ALMS race next year.

saw it on the TV, but gonna buy tickets for next year's race as soon as time off for it gets approved. I have been a big F1 fan for many many years and would love to get a feel for it with the naked eye.
hamilton did a fantastic job putting the pressure on Vettel and kicked his ass, nothing he could do. I ma glad lewis is finishing his last year with Mclaren this way. Why he is going to Mercedes baffles me but oh well, next year will be very intereting.

^^^^^^Mercedes has a lot of money to offer. But doesnt Mclaren customize some for Mercedes....the SLR Mclaren or some such. I see one around the dealership when I take my measely little E320 diesel in for oil changes. Really an impressive looking car.

2009_mercedes-benz_slr-mclaren_convertible_base_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

2009_mercedes-benz_slr-mclaren_convertible_base_rq_oem_1_500.jpg

It's all about the coin, Mercedes has more of it for Lewis. It will be interesting to see how he does with it next year. The race was fantastic in person I will be going again next year, the seats in turn 1 are awesome!

I live in Austin and was totally blown away at how fast they built such a huge complex facility. Literally built a 100's of million $ world class place in a year. The state can't even finish two simple highway flyovers near me to connect a major roadway in less than two years. Didn't get to go this year but several friends said they had the time of their life there. Definitely go next year.

I used to go every year when they were still racing at Indy because it was such a short distance to travel. It is a great time and well worth the expense if you have the opportunity to go. It is amazing what they can make those cars do.

I have to say i was so happy to see that they brought F1 to the use it has been a long time coming. didnt get to watch the first race because i was in the stahn but i hope i will get to catch the next one.

F1 is on my bucket list!!!!

YES!

As a former competitor and crew chief (drag racing and road racing), I've seen some really cool stuff all over the United States. There aren't many forms of racing that I haven't seen here, but I've always wanted to see F1 and was never able to make it to Indy when they were there.

Being in the Phoenix area, traveling to Austin is reasonable. Getting there to see F1 is really high up on my bucket list as well.