• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Favorite beer thread

Pok

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
PA
To save me from extreme boredom lets discuss beer globally, and drink some locally.

I like a darker beer, and have liked Guiness for awhile, but my new mainstay has been Rogue(from Oregon) Dead Guy Ale. This year they even released a Double Dead Guy, that was great, but too strong. I wish you could get a beer this good without the extreme alcohol content

Newer discoveries have been Port Brewing's Santa's Little Helper, and Stone's Vertical Epic(or Epic Vertical) Ale, both also being very strong.

Whose got a good, not so well known, beer or brewery favorite?

Re: Favorite beer thread

Yeungling.

Pedestrian, I know. But it's probably because I can't get it in CA. Like In-n-Out burgers to non-West Coasters.

Ive been on a porter kick lately. Right now drinking an oatmeal porter from Highlands brewing co. right here in Asheville NC

Its funny you say that since I live in PA. I thought it was popular here, only because its made here. I didnt know it had a following outside of the immediate area.

Anyone else? Ive read your posts, you can't deny being drinkers.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wish you could get a beer this good without the extreme alcohol content.

</div></div>

Are you serious???

Just giving you shit bro!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its funny you say that since I live in PA. I thought it was popular here, only because its made here. I didnt know it had a following outside of the immediate area.

Anyone else? Ive read your posts, you can't deny being drinkers.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Some family of mine that was up from GA for christmas was bragging about how they started carrying yeungling near them in the grocery stores....I commented "They dont sell it everywhere" i got some funny looks. Apparently it has a following and not everybody just can go to the store and pick up a sixer of it!!

Stones Arrogant Bastard Ale is an all time go to, however their Double Bastard Ale is available right now.New Hollands Dragons Milk is also a top ale, but I find it taste way more like a top class porter myself.If you have a true appriciation for what it takes to make this kind of beer, these are a must try.

Ass's Bok. Norwegian, I believe, hard to find but worth the effort.

My favorites are Chimay Grand Reserve, Boddington's Honey Ale, Samuel Adams Boston Lager,and Guiness Draught.

Good asian beers are Sapporo in the silver can (bitter, crisp), Tsingdao (similar to Heinekins).

Mexican beers are good to go. Modelo Negro and the classic Corona with lime.

And the other beers worth mentioning are Fat Tire, Wicked Pete's Ale, Anchor Steam, Newcastle, Blue Moon, and the Jamaican Red Stripe.

Newcastle Brown Ale

They used to have a ward at the R.V.I in Newcastle specially for the poor buggers that slurped too much of the stuff

Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. Victorian stout recipe still fermented in slate squares. It's like rippling velvet on your tongue. Also I'm sure you can count the ounces directly being added to your weight. Wonderful stuff for the undernourished. Wonder if Shankster knows about this product.... he probably has a use for it ;-)

Had a few I added on my last deployment, we'll start with Tusker out of Kenya Breweries and St. George's out of Ethiopia. Then domestics go with Moose Drool out of Missoula Montana or Fat Squirrel from New Glarus, WI.

If you like Guiness, try Murphy's Stout and Beamish.

For those of you who like Newcastle Brown and Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale, try Old Suffolk.

For those of you who like the hoppier IPA's, try Short's Brewing Co.'s Huma Lumpa Ale and the DogfishHead 90 and 120 minute IPA's.

Ah, the joys of Sammy Smiths..... hmm now you've got me thinking

Old Peculiar (Fine Ale, BIG HANGOVER)

Bishop's Finger (Get the Abbey Habbit)

Fursty Ferret (Goes well with a couple of purse nets and a whippet)

Tangle Foot (does exactly wot it says on the bottle)

And my favourite, the Babyfood Cocktail.... Nukie Brown and Barley Wine.... Sort of sticky sweet with recoil!!

Any more?..............?

Won't turn away from a Warstiener either. Or just about any Hefe Wiesen that I have come across.

Big American Breweries...Straight up Budweiser, preferably out of a bottle.

One of my most very favorite is a Weihenstephaner "Vitus" it's seasonal and runs about $30 for a six pack. Weihenstephaner is the worlds oldest continually operational brewery, having been in business since 1040, with almost a 1000 years of making beer I figure they have got it figured out. Their Heffe Weissbier is good too.

Hieniken and Shiner's Hefewiezen in the fridge right now.

Now I'm getting thirsty!

Anything that says Dunkelweiss on it in Germany. Hands down. Also like Weissen, or Hefes and Fat Tire, Boddingtons Pub Ale, Alaskan Amber, and a Yeungling when im in the wrong side of the country.

I also forget Anything Augustiner out of Munich, and most of what Rogue has to offer.

Oberon if at home in Kalamazoo, Fat Tire if anywhere west and can find it. When all else fails COLD and or FREE beer is the best.

Tucher lately with a fresh orange out of the back yard. My staple is Newcastle.

Leinenkugel from Wisconsin is one of my favorites. I will try any beer. Shiner was also awesome. Really there are too many to name.

I know it is kinda dumb but I like to make my own beer!MR Beer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxposner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The worst beer is no beer
</div></div>

I 2nd that sentiment. And the free beer.

Moylan's Wheatberry - no longer made, unfortunately.

When I was stationed in Europe, I was a huge fan of Maisel Weiss and Reutberger. When I was in 10th Group, I was a lean, fit troop - but I swear my beer consumption always kept me above 10% body fat
wink.gif

+1 TXBRASS, While I still havent been able to find the Shiner Black. I really like the Shiner Bock, my favorite beer for now... and I am usually more of a dark beer guy.

Last time I was in WI, I stopped at a restaurant called the Delafield Brewhaus and their <span style="font-weight: bold">Pewaukee Porter</span> was fantastic!!

I picked up some Dundee Honey Brown last night. I have a new favorite now! Even the wife likes it! Oh, and Heineken and Guinness.

I can see that I am much too pedestrian for this group but I drink George Killian's most of the time. The local brewery has a Guinness-like beer that they call Breakfast Beer that goes down far too smoothly for how much it costs.

Found a single Dogfish Head 90min IPA at my local store. Gotta agree its pretty good, and ill be on the lookout for more

Pok,
My favorite is Flying Dog Double Dog. Good stuff esp. if you like the 90 minute. Decent price as well around 9 bucks for 4.
Chad

Yeungling or Dos Equis amber on the other hand cold and free beer is best

Oberon, when in season. Samuel Adams Boston Lager, the old stand-by second choice. Miller High Life at the end of the month. (It's the champagne of beers)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats funny I could have sworn I saw a thread like this not to long ago

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1452020&page=1 </div></div>

Missed that thread. Did a search for "beer" and went through several pages without seeing your thread or anything like it.(give it a try)

My bad for spamming then sry.

Edit: maybe "they" can tack this onto the end of yours

Damn....now I am thirsty too...

I'm a big fan of the Rogue beers out of Oregon, especially St. Rogue Red...and their Christmas beer, which is simmilar with some additional hops.

Had a Stone Double Bastard the other night and it was fantastic!

On the lighter side, most Hefeweisens, especially Paulaner from Munich.

The Guinness in Ireland is great too, but the stuff sold here just isn't the same.

Redhook beers from Washington are also excellent as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Budlite,PBR, Natty and good ole reliable Red n White regular. </div></div>

+1
wink.gif

Yuengling, Guinness, Bass, Fat Tire, Trout Slayer and Alaskan Amber.