• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Favorite beer thread

Re: Favorite beer thread

My newest favorite is India Pale Ale by Odell brewing company. One of if not the best IPA I have ever drank.

My own homebrew Double IPA.

For IPA, Fishtail Organic

For Double IPA, Steelhead

For hoppy IPA, Caldera

For Belgian, Chemay Red

For porter, Deschutes Black Butte

For stout, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

For Oktoberfest, Paulaner

For Lager, Sam Adams Boston

For Doppel Bock, Paulaner Salvator

For Black Lager, Xingu

Dominion Oak Barrel Stout. Don't drink it out of a bottle. Keg only since its nitrogenated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trailmudder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sam Adams Winter Lager </div></div>

Any Sam Adams is good beer! making me thirsty
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yuengling, Guinness, Bass, Fat Tire, Trout Slayer and Alaskan Amber. </div></div>

Forgot about Fat Tire. Good stuff.

As far as favorite goes I really enjoy Unibroue's offerings, especialy the Fin du Monde.

However, there is nothing wrong with Sam Adam's products.

If I feel exotic Corona. But my favorite is Bud Light Lime.Everything ilse is just that. Then I defer to what was said above. Any beer > better than no beer.
Sue me.
ymmv

As said before beer > no beer.

However when it's my money, when I'm on the cheap it's miller lite. for "social" events which would involve the consumption of six or more it's shiner bock, and for having a few while smoking some meat on the grill it's Abita Turbodog. (I do eagerly await spring and their strawberry ale also though)

Since it's so cold out this week I have been feeling a bit of knob creek would be nice.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBRASS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brewed just 15 miles from the house. Very smooth dark beer.

shinerblack.jpg
</div></div>

agreed....i dont really have a favorite beer...it really depends what mood i am in...and how much i intend on drinking...

bench

Tuckermans Pale Ale, Conway, NH.

Sam Adams Winter Lager

Troegs Mad Elf

Hoegaarden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats funny I could have sworn I saw a thread like this not to long ago

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1452020&page=1 </div></div>

Missed that thread. Did a search for "beer" and went through several pages without seeing your thread or anything like it.(give it a try)

My bad for spamming then sry.

Edit: maybe "they" can tack this onto the end of yours </div></div>

Just playing with you, Mine had been dead for quite some time and had you posted on it, we'd of made fun of you for bringin posts back from years ago.
grin.gif

I just got back from spending a week with an old homebrewing buddy of mine so there are a few that stand out that I tried.

1. Fat Tire-Not available in MI. You always want what you can't have.
2. New Glarus Raspberry Tart-Find it! You'll thank yourself later.
3.Northern Tier Pale Wheat-Best of both worlds without being too much of either.
4.Bison Brewing Honey Basil-I know,I was skeptical too.It's tastey!
5.Mead!!-Long story but my buddy has tons of it from homebrewers all over Michigan.Try it if you ever get the chance!( we brewed one while I was there with 1.5 Gallons of wildflower honey and .5 gallons of homemade maple syrup. I'll update next year when it's finished)

+ 3 for Odell's! All of thier beers are bad-ass!

Jordan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBRASS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brewed just 15 miles from the house. Very smooth dark beer.

shinerblack.jpg
</div></div>

Thats the stuff.

1. Killians red
2. Sam Adams light
3. Herny Weinharts
4. Guiness
5. Coors light <=== didn't see that coming

Samuel Adams Boston Lager - easy for a go-to
Arrogant Bastard Ale - I like this, when in the mood
Pranqster Ale (North Coast Brewing) - a good Belgian style
And David's Black Death Stout - a meal in every bottle. Not available except in my home.

shit i feel whitetrash compared to all you upscale city folk.

I drink busch light and my personal fav bud medium half bud and half budlight

Coors Light
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Coors Original
Bud Select
Sam Adams Octoberfest

Only in long neck bottles.

Can't go wrong with some good 'ole Samuel Smith brown ale. If ya like brown ales this is the top of the top and good thing i'm not the only one that thinks this lol.

im a guiness guy
but
if you like stouts then youll love this one

19.jpg

Found some Skull Splitter at the local grocery store. I hadn't had any in years. Good stuff.

I am surprised I haven't heard Smithwick's mentioned. Irish ale that has been brewed for centuries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+ 3 for Odell's! All of thier beers are bad-ass!

Jordan</div></div>

I Agree! There's no other beer company that I prefer more than Odell's in Fort Collins, CO. Their entire line is great, whereas I like certain individual beers by various makers, Odells nails every one of their creations. SO GOOD!

Lately,

1. Hibernation, by Great Divide Brewery Company Denver, CO

Rich and Malty with a little spice

2. Fade to Black, Stout, Left Hand Brewing Company, Longmont, CO

Toasty malt with chilis

SHINER!!!! BLACK-HEF-BOCK-BLOND SHINER!!!!

Everything else is just not Shiner but as I am stuck in California I do like Stone and BallistPoint.