• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Brew Thead.

Re: Favorite Brew Thead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMMMMM. Nothing like a glass of beer after work.

GlassofStout2.jpg
</div></div>

Thats what Im talking about! I assume that tap is in your house? Very Nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rmitch223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMMMMM. Nothing like a glass of beer after work.

GlassofStout2.jpg
</div></div>

Thats what Im talking about! I assume that tap is in your house? Very Nice! </div></div>

Yeah, it's a mini-fridge converted to hold 2 Corni kegs. I've got a stout faucet on one side and a regular faucet on the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shiner Helles Lager & Shiner Black </div></div>

I'm not a big fan of a lot of the Shiner stuff, and their Kolsch is not the greatest take on it, but I LOVE Shiner Bock.

That's the jams.

Here's a couple shots of my homebrew set up. Every home should have one
laugh.gif

Been running this system for 11 years.
homestuff2074.jpg

homestuff2076.jpg

Damn!!! Great set up!! Now I know how you got your Sniper's Hide name.
grin.gif

BTW, what are the two ribbons for? Home brew excellence?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been making my way thru any hefeweisens i can find. Current fav is Russian: Baltica #8 Its on the lighter side, but its smooth and tasty.

For stuff i can find regularly:

Shock Top Wheat
Paulander Hefe
Leinie Honey Wheat </div></div>

I brewed a batch of Hefeweizen a couple years ago - used the banana flavored yeast - friggin awesome, I think I drank both cases of that inside of a month....

Hefe and Dunkel's - both wheat beers and both a meal in a bottle!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
yuengling.jpg
</div></div>

Where can I buy that!!! I have a buddy been promising to bring me a case of that stuff for years. I've yet to taste
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn!!! Great set up!! Now I know how you got your Sniper's Hide name.
grin.gif

BTW, what are the two ribbons for? Home brew excellence? </div></div>
Thanks Man!
grin.gif

The ribbons are from our State Fair. Took a Best Of Show and various 1st and 2nds with some past brews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn!!! Great set up!! Now I know how you got your Sniper's Hide name.
grin.gif

Thanks Man!
grin.gif

The ribbons are from our State Fair. <span style="font-weight: bold">Took a Best Of Show and various 1st and 2nds with some past brews</span>. </div></div>

Now <span style="font-weight: bold">that</span> is cool! A lot of times homebrewers think their beers are great and when someelse tastes them.. well.... You try to be polite.

To have others award you Best of Show at the State Fair. That is impressive. Good job. What did you brew to win your BofS and your 1st?

1st choice: Pyramid Espresso Stout
2nd choice: Guinness on Tap

1st choice: Full Sail Amber Ale
2nd choice: Mendocino Red Tail Ale

1st choice: Lagunitas IPA
2nd choice: Middle Ages Impaled Ale

1st choice: Anchor Steam Beer
2nd choice: Mendocino Beer(NOOOOOO, it's no longer brewed!!!! Waah!)

1st choice: Chimay Belgian Abby Ale
2nd choice: Chimay Abby Ale

For Corporate brewery stuff:
Bare Knuckle Stout
American Ale

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a couple shots of my homebrew set up. Every home should have one
laugh.gif

Been running this system for 11 years.
homestuff2074.jpg

homestuff2076.jpg
</div></div>

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!! i knew a guy that had a one tap single keg home brew setup but he dismantled it after a while because of insufficent friends to keep the taps from overrunning.

You must have alot of friends!

I don't know if that is more impressive than some of the gun safes on display here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif

Thanks Man!
grin.gif

The ribbons are from our State Fair. <span style="font-weight: bold">Took a Best Of Show and various 1st and 2nds with some past brews</span>. </div></div>

Now <span style="font-weight: bold">that</span> is cool! A lot of times homebrewers think their beers are great and when someelse tastes them.. well.... You try to be polite.

To have others award you Best of Show at the State Fair. That is impressive. Good job. What did you brew to win your BofS and your 1st? </div></div>
Best of Show was a Belgian Tripple. Had close to 75 entries that year. The other ribbons were from from a few different styles. American Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout and Belgian Abbey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beer Alchemist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tip em, I like the inline oxygen diffuser, nice touch. </div></div>Here's a close up. The yeast loves lots of oxygen!
homestuff2073.jpg

One last shot of the fermentation cooler/heater depending on style.
homestuff2075.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
yuengling.jpg
</div></div>
+1 for beer with food.

If drinking quantity, natty light is cheap!

Rarely drink beer but if I do its Leinenkugel's Edelberry Weiss.

My favorite beer? Hmmm, I'll have to think about that.

1) Crown royal
2) Goerge Dickel
3) Jack Daniels
4) Jim Beam

got some new stuff in, It's called fat tire, and it is a bad ass brew. if you can get some do, you'll like it, i'm certain.

Long Hammer my most recent fav. fat tire isn't bad.
theres a local brewery here "french broad brewing company", they make a scottish ale called Wee Heavier its absolutly delicious and its a high gravity! worth checking out!!!!

Someone needs to start a scotch thread

BTW guys - if you are local I have abeer setup for brewing up for sale, $25 with the cooker, a 5 gal carbuy and a 2.5 gal carboy...bottle capper with caps, thermomenter, bucket, hose, everything ready to go.

I haven't brewed in a few years, don't drink much these days and when I do it's usually in excess of $30 a bottle. (I'm spoiled now LOL)

Chimay in the liter bottle with the white label and Delerium Tremens in the clay looking bottle with the pink elephant on the label. MMMMM goodness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Delerium Tremens in the clay looking bottle with the pink elephant on the label. MMMMM goodness </div></div>

no

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coors Light
Sam Adams
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Bud Select

Served in a cold long neck bottle! </div></div>

What no love for the Kentucky Ale???
grin.gif

Blue Moon is at the top of my list!Followed by....
Bud Light
Coors original
Bud(on tap)
Red Stripe </div></div>

LOL! Its good too.... The Burbon flavored one is good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coors Light
Sam Adams
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Bud Select

grin.gif

Bud Light
Coors original
Bud(on tap)
Red Stripe </div></div>

LOL! Its good too.... The Burbon flavored one is good! </div></div>

Haha I'd love to try a Bourbon beer. Have you ever had moonshine made in Bourbon casks?

Ohhhhh man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been drinking Alaskan Amber as of late . </div></div>

Alaskan Amber + Steak.

Finish that off with a cigar or tobacco pipe or whatever floats your boat.

Full of WIN.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got some new stuff in, It's called fat tire, and it is a bad ass brew. if you can get some do, you'll like it, i'm certain. </div></div>

I used to live near Fort Collins and the New Belgium brewing company . Fat tire took me from a lean mean 140 pound mountain biker to a 195 pound sloth of a mountain biker . We used to ride from Bar to Bar drinking the local stuff as it was all so good . When we moved back to Idaho the beer sucked so bad I didn't drink for 4 years .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Delerium Tremens in the clay looking bottle with the pink elephant on the label. MMMMM goodness </div></div>

no </div></div>

You liked it at the time....

Mayby we should all move to:

Tip em over Offline
Ice Driller

Loc: Shepherd MT

SHEPHERD MT.?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coors Light
Sam Adams
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Bud Select

grin.gif

Bud Light
Coors original
Bud(on tap)
Red Stripe </div></div>

LOL! Its good too.... The Burbon flavored one is good! </div></div>

Haha I'd love to try a Bourbon beer. Have you ever had moonshine made in Bourbon casks?

Ohhhhh man. </div></div>

It aint bad....
http://www.kentuckyale.com/beer/Pages/KentuckyBourbonBarrelAle.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been drinking Alaskan Amber as of late . </div></div>

Drank some of thier Summer Ale while in AK last year. Outstanding to say the least.

Had a couple Big Bottle Lagunitas Brewing Company 'Ruben and the Jets' Porter last night. Man, that SoCo brew kicks ass! 8.6% ABV, with a full bodied flavor and chocolate highlights that made Guinness 250 pale in comparison.
The worst part about being stuck way the hell up here is that all my favorite SoCo, Nor-Cal, and West Coast brews cost over $12 a six pack. I did score both the last bottles of the 'Ruben' at a sweet discount for $3.95ea(regular $6) Ain't sayin who gave me the discount because she always takes care of me at the Class VI. It's a good thing that these young warriors have no taste out here. Lets me get all teh good stuff they don't buy at a lower price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guiness is good beer to people who don't know any better.

</div></div>

Now thats funny, I'll have to remember to use that next time.

Re: Favorite Brew Thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guiness is good beer to people who don't know any better.

</div></div>

(In my best 'Charles Winchester III' voice)

That has about as much substance as your contribution of thought provoking information to this thread. Now please do us the honor of showing a less cretinous character and give us your most valuable information on what constitutes a brew of high standard.

So what is your idea of a good brew?

</div></div>

Just tried some new stuff and have a few new favorites now:

Long Hammer IPA

They also got in a brewers pack from Boulder Beer Co. and it was pretty damn good.

Mojo IPA
Hazed & Infused Dry-Hopped Ale

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guiness is good beer to people who don't know any better.

</div></div>

(In my best 'Charles Winchester III' voice)

That has about as much substance as your contribution of thought provoking information to this thread. Now please do us the honor of showing a less cretinous character and give us your most valuable information on what constitutes a brew of high standard. </div></div>

Since you said you like Lagunitas, the Hopstoopid and and Imperial Stout are pretty good. I had a growler of Hoggs back last week that was nice too. The seasonal in location brews from Deschutes are tasty as is the seasonals from Rogue.

That's a fairly well known and regional list obviously there are others but most here will never have heard of them.

Our Class VI has several shelves of really good stuff from all over the US, as well as Ireland, The Brit Commonwealth, and Europe. They claim to be the best beer stocked CLass VI in the Army, but man, paying over $12 a six for beer is just sick!
Had some Sierra Neveda Estate, some Celebration, and some Oktoberfest in the past months.
Several of the 'Upstate' breweries around here have some superb brews, but I still go for the west coast stuff. Sure wish I had a few bottles of Pyramid Espresso Stout,and Full Sail Amber Ale. I miss those two like a mo fo!

Franziskaner
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Rahr Ugly Pug

Ahhhhhh,
Sittin here enjoyin a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale

As you guessed, the hopping process in this one has gone modern. No longer is the kettle filled with a spinach like slab when emptied from the over hopped brew. Nope, the extration of the noble hop is supreme in this brew. A nice bitter, floral note exudes forth from this honey colored liquid. As notes of citrus and a slight caramel flower tease the nostrils, the brew goes down ever so smooth leaving that tasty floral hop, a slight citrus, and a very full bitterness afterwords.
Quite a brew this!
ABV 8%, 1 Pint, 6 Fluid Ounces

HopStoopidS.png

I cut my teeth on shiner bock, and it still holds a dear place in my heart. For cheap beer (which these days is mainly is) it can only be miller lite. I really dont care for bud light. "Superior Drinkability" must be industry jargon for "No Flavor".

I'm a big fan of anything from abita, amber and turbodog being the favorites so far. I want to try some of their pecan ale.

Blue moon is also superb for a coors product. I dig the orange in the glass.

I haven't got out much beyond that, been "of age" for all of two months....

I need to find some of that Lazy magnolias stuff. Can't find it anywhere here in ruston.