• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Brew Thead.

Re: Favorite Brew Thread.

i am a big fan of miller lite tall boys the 24-oz's you get at kroger 10-10 bucks you can't beat that but for other's my favorite is SAPPORO'S its a Japanese beer and i love it. its expensive but they only come in 22 oz cans so they aren't super little but they taste great and get you nice and sloppy pretty quick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhhhhh,
Sittin here enjoyin a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale

As you guessed, the hopping process in this one has gone modern. No longer is the kettle filled with a spinach like slab when emptied from the over hopped brew. Nope, the extration of the noble hop is supreme in this brew. A nice bitter, floral note exudes forth from this honey colored liquid. As notes of citrus and a slight caramel flower tease the nostrils, the brew goes down ever so smooth leaving that tasty floral hop, a slight citrus, and a very full bitterness afterwords.
Quite a brew this!
ABV 8%, 1 Pint, 6 Fluid Ounces

HopStoopidS.png

</div></div>

See.

I'm enjoying a Bridgeport Ebenezer seasonal right now. As Torf says, it's a safe choice compared to some other breweries but good none the less. I had a few Bridgeport hoppy beers on Wednesday, same.

Truly spoiled, now my wife and I are on to Grizzly Mountain Stout frsh from the tap at Cascade Brewery.

Re: Favorite Brew Thead.

I would damn near kill for a Pyrimid Espresso Stout. We get Rogue, Lagunitas, Sierra Neveda, Dog Fish Head, and tons of 'local' stuff, Pete's Wicked, Sam Adams, and a few big company brews from Curs and Bud. Lots of euro stuff from mainland europe, and some 'just in'

button_hobgoblin.jpg

Wychwood Hobgoblin, and Fiddler's Elbow...need to try them on SUnday or MOnday

Grew up in Newark, NJ, and Budweiser was my 'Mother's Milk'. Several years back the Steward Lady at our VFW told me there were only two guys left who drank it in the club and the other guy died last week. The tap was replaced with Labatt's Blue. Good choice. When it runs out, the only thing left that's even barely palatable is Coors Light (Pabst and Yuengling). Ichhhhh... Not big on darker beers.

I do Arf 'n Arf with Guinness and Blue Moon, but mainly just when my Buddy Fred is staying over. My other Buddy drinks plain old Genny, and it hits the spot when I'm visiting.

Anchor Steam
Wagner's Sled Dog Ale (local, Winter only), I have two growlers.
Oranjeboom (Dutch)
Spaten
Anchor Beer (Chicago local)
Coors Banquet
Olympia
Rolling Rock
Dinkelacker
Dos Equis
San Miguel
Bohemia
Carona
Busch (not light)

Kirin's OK, but...

More, I'm sure...

Mourning:
Krueger
Fallstaff
Rheingold
Ballantine

Fleeing screaming from:
Crown (Korean)

Greg

Oh yeah, a big bottle of Hop Rod Rye Ale to start with, then follow up with two pints of Wytchwood Hob Goblin. Panty 6 was very generous,"Just get some beer and take it out of your grocery budget for next week!"
Looks like I'll be enjoying a few lunches of raman, but it's worth it!

Switch,

Ramen goes good with beer. I had a 4 pack of DH Midas Touch a few months ago, didn't realize what it was and it just about kicked my ass. But it was nice...I don't mind a budweiser american ale, it's got some character without the bloat of a bud or the price of a good ale. For suppin ale it's usually a boddingtons

The guinness well it's the standard bearer, better the closer you get to dublin, but they serve a mean pint down the Nolans pub in cocoa beach..My preference is the extra cold, but usually don't see that on tap here stateside.

For those of you that are fans of fat tire......

Have you ever tried their porch swing ale? Or how bout the sunshine wheat? Pretty good stuff!

Oh man, that Wytchwood Hob Goblin is freakin GOOD!

Yes, a Brit offering, but very nice!
Dark brown color, and the scent, oh man, the most floral hop, a nice smoothness. This brew was made for partying. Smooth, easy to drink, mellow flavor, it was heaven in a bottle!
I have to say, damn, I AM impressed! Tey have the Scarecrow pale ale, and crop circle at the Class VI, but I'll need a few stimulus bucks to get some at $5.95 a pint

Switchblade, if you can find it, Laurelwood Free Range Red (Certified Organic) is very good. About 6.5% and bitter, not sweet at all. I am a sucker for bitter beers.

Right now Ive been ordering mostly:

Miller Light
Blue Moon
Honey Moon
Mich ultra
Guinness
Peroni
Stella Artois
need to visit the local liquor store and browse their selections

Im curious about PBR and Fat Tyre

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guinness on tap and Rogue Dead Guy Ale.</div></div>

I just grabbed a sixer of Rogue Dead Guy. I had it almost a year ago just by chance and started thinking about it again. I really like that stuff...I don't know what the alcohol content is but it does a pretty good job.

New Belgium - Fat Tire
Brooklyn Brown Ale
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (along with a good Maduro Cigar)
Budweiser American Ale
....and just about anything brewed by Dogfish Head

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They got the Brooklyn stuff at teh Class VI. That Black Chocolate Stout use chocolate like some of the crap stuff, or is it just a nice dark roasted maltiness in teh flavor? </div></div>

Nice dark roasted flavor, no chocolate flavored crap.... Check out the link. It is seasonal. If you like a good dark beer, you gotta try this one...

http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer?id=3

Now you guys can be Beer-Snob assholes too!

http://beeradvocate.com/

I actually loath some of the douchebags on that beer review site but its a good way of finding new beers that people like (sometimes).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you guys can be Beer-Snob assholes too!

</div></div>

Beer Snobs?? LMAO

Life is too short to drink bad beer. Bad beer is like sex in a canoe........phuckin' next to water....
laugh.gif

Keep Budweiser in the fridge. Occasionally get some Becks on the weekend. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is pretty good with a steak. Favorite brew all time would have to be Old Victory barley wine.

Shiner Bock all the way, but if money's tight Miller High Life will fuck me up just as good. I was kinda surprised to see Dogfish only mentioned once here, if anyone here ever grows balls they should have their local liquor store order a case of Dogfish 120 Minute IPA- that will knock your dick in the dirt!

A few Cascade Santa's Nitros last night opened locked doors. Tasty and useful!

Just got back from a trip to oregon and sampled alot of micros got to say I really like the i.p.a.'s the best.

Mr. Beer Blonde American Ale, Golden Wheat un-hopped malt extract, one cup booster, and draft liquid yeast fermented two weeks....

I asked three co-workers to create their own recipes, then brewed them along with some other batches for a taste-test (7 Mr. Beer brews and some "factory" beers - Bud, Sam Adams, etc.). It was interesting that 2 of the 3 picked their recipe as #1, but the above recipe was first overall.

Last years St. Pats:

DSCN1198.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

Had some of the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout before Christmas and my ride down here. Darn good stuff! ALSO found a really cool beer shop down the road and around the corner. Picked up a six of Sierra Neveda Stout. Good stuff. Nice dark roasty flavor. The American Ale I found in the fridge is as usual pretty decent, and the Pipeline Porter from Kona Brewing Co is nice too.

Funny thing ya mention snobs. I got called a wine snob because I don't like them sweet Italina table wines and only drink SoCo's finest Zins, Cabs, Merlots, and Pinot's. Got a bottle of Rodney Strong Cab('06) for a small bit of rib roast, a Castle Zin('01) for the next smokin session, and a 'eeech!' Rodney Strong '07 Chard(Ol Lady can have it, or maybe I may choke some down with a bit of grilled Salmon)

Had some pretty darn good Fat Tire Ale the other day with some steaks, and some Anchor Steam went down good with Clam Chowder.

Switchblade, here ya go:

x0zmeo.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">TOP SAIL BOURBON IMPERIAL PORTER
Available February until it’s gone
After its initial release in February 2009,
Top Sail was aged for about 10 months in Bourbon casks
from Kentucky. This aging presents hints of chocolate, figs and oak to this amplified robust porter. Deep black in color, it has a roasty malt flavor and a rich malt sweetness that’s smooth and drinkable. A hearty cellar beer.
Very Limited Availability - 22oz Bottles and Draught
ABV 9.85% IBUs: 65
</span>

This was released today and is only available at the brewery. I made a special trip to pick up a few bottles in addition to some Boardhead Barleywine and Slipknot.
Fullsail Brewmaster Calendar
Fullsail Brewery Home Page

Well seeing as my new boss is the largest hops grower in WNC. I have many of suggestions... 10 local micro breweries in the Asheville area. Some very, very good beers here.
I recommend the Brews Cruz. $75 and you can tour 4-5 breweries and tap houses. O/C at the end of the tours you can sample and then purchase beers at the Bar. Havn't made it to more than 4 in one cruz... ;-)

switch, try and pick up some of that sierra nevada bigfoot barley wine. talk about hoppy.

My personal favourite, but you can only get it a few months a year. Stone Double Bastard. This shit is so rich and high in alcohol (10.5%) they can actually keg it for years. Last year they had old vintages available at the brewery going back years. Crazy good stuff. If you are an American style Pilsner drinker, however, you will probably spit it out and hate it.

http://stonebrewing.com/doublebastard/
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/1056
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=11243

Smuttynose IPA is the shit if you like the style, plus the two old dudes on the label remind me 110 of my grandfathers.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin - 32%

If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

german-beer.jpg

If it's hoppier than the Hop Stoopid then it might be a little much. Hops are good, but man when they take them to th eessence and reduce that down to that twisted strength, it's good but WOW. I would kill for a Six pack of Pyramid Espresso Stout and Panty 6 would kill for a Pyramid Apricot Ale

Switchblade, didn't you say you liked a beer by Languinus (spelling???)? I just had their "Hairy Eyeball" which was pretty damn fine.

Lagunitas makes killer brews. I just remember that Hop Stoopid was real good, but man the finish was bitter...but I kept going back for more because it was so good.
All the SOnoma COunty brews and wines are good, that's just a given. Mendocino county has some seriously good stuff as does Chico.
With the current brewers making barrel aged brews, basement aged stuff and so many other new brews there are so many to taste or try to find. The latest new one for me was a Chicago brew called Stockhouse Stout. It was a choice between that and Trader Joes Ale that day and a little bird told me I should have went with the Trader Joes since it only comes out in December.
Got a few stores with tons of brews to try too so I get to sample even more stuff. Still like my Guinness, love the IPA's, and there will always be a place for that Pyramid and Full Sail from days past

Switch, next time I'm at the Stone Brewery Bistro down here I'll pick up the beer menu and fax it to you. You just might cry. Heaven for beer lovers.

McEwans Scotch ale
Dogfish Head 90 minute

Frige beer is Redhook ESB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65mm06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd give up shiner to live in Hawaii </div></div>

Heresy!