• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

First Impressions … (pics)

Doc1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
Orlando, FL
If you desire a Accuracy International, (or several other items), you need to look no further than Diann and Randy at Mile High Shooting Accessories. They are extremely professional and know their weapons and scopes well. My shipment came in a VERY timely manner. They are even allowing me to use one of their fitted cases until my fitted Storm comes in – and even paying for the return shipping on their case. I didn’t ask for this – it is just the type of people they are: kind, courteous, and determined to have happy customers. They will spend what ever time that is needed to help someone with the system they desire. Simply put, MHSA is G2G.

Now to the weapon’s system. I ordered an AI-AW 2.0 (folder) in 308. Right now it is wearing some black skins, but the green ones are in the closet in reserve. A set of FDEs will be coming shortly as well. It is wearing an S&B 4x16x50 scope and supported by an ATLAS bipod. The weapon, scope, and bipod are outstanding.

The AW has one of the nicest triggers I have ever experienced (and it is adj.). I did not measure it, but I would say about 2 ¾ lbs. The bolt on this system is unbelievable. The lock up is positive. As to the scope – what can be said – it is a S&B. That means it is PERFECT (that is as perfect as things can be in this world). I received a Nightforce 2.5x10x24 for my AR yesterday as well. So, since I sighted in both scopes today, I was able to do somewhat of a comparison. The NF is a fantastic scope. It is clear and bright (especially with only a 24 obj), it tracks well, and is a winner. The Zero Stop is a must have feature – if you are considering one. However, IMO the S&B is a step of above the NF (and my previous Zeiss, et. al.) in every category. Please do not misunderstand - the NF is a keeper and is a great choice for an AR (et.al), but the S&B is one more step up.

A word needs to be said about the ATLAS Bipod. I have owned several different bipods in my previous career (LEO - and I now have better equipment than I ever had then ???). I am now a one bipod man – ATLAS. Though I was shooting from a bench today (will be shooing prone from here on out…). I tried the ATLAS in several configurations. It is sturdy, versatile, and is the absolute greatest bipod I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. You need this bipod!

The 26” AW worked well. It is a solidly built and a well designed weapon. The folder is VERY sturdy. The Adj. Butt Plate and Butt Spike were welcome features as well. My Remys will be going into hibernation for a time.

I only shot 30 rounds today (BH 175 BTHP). After the initial sighting in at 100 yards (7 rounds), I moved to the 300 yard line (only 7 mph winds and minimal mirage). Since 100 yards is boring with this type of stick, see photos below for 300 yards group/dot shooting. I need more practice with the system and the groups should improve both as the weapon is broken in a little further and when I begin shooting it in the prone position, et. al.

First impression – this weapon's system is capable of much more than I am capable of. It is fantastic and anyone would enjoy.

AIAW.jpg

Table-3.jpg

300Yards-2.jpg

300Dots.jpg

Re: First Impressions … (pics)

MinorDamage,

Thanks for fixing those photos for me. Mine rarely seem to work on this forum. Thanks again.

Heh, and just this morning I was thinking of posting a "Are the AIs out of the box really the bees knees?" type of posting
smile.gif

The triggers a 2 stage, right? Can you speak a little to what you like about it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice

Were both target pictures shot at 300?

GG </div></div>Yes, the weapon makes anyone look good. However, it is only 1/4 MOA (from the pic it is hard to tell) and I know it can do better. Groups should improve as time goes on - IF I do my part. A few of my friends here shot just as good (one was only 8/9 years old ...).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBrother</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heh, and just this morning I was thinking of posting a "Are the AIs out of the box really the bees knees?" type of posting
smile.gif

The triggers a 2 stage, right? Can you speak a little to what you like about it? </div></div>Yes, it has a 2 stage trigger - very crisp.

What I enjoyed about it: (1) it was shipped from CO to FL and everything worked? I know this was not due to Fed-Ex, good packing and weapon ..., (2) it is a SOLID platform. In part, this is due to its weight, but also the build quality. Everything seems to fit very “precisely," (3) while I have shot AIs for some time (friend’s), everything is laid out very well for this type weapon... you can get to whatever controls you need easily, (4) while AIs DO NOT fit everyone – they seem to fit me like a glove. I feel like the weapon becomes a part of me – or me it – when making a shot. It is very natural, (5) recoil is negligible for a .308, allowing you to remain on target …

Congrats on the nice rig... im an AICS owner, and I always get jealous when i see the real deal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBrother</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heh, and just this morning I was thinking of posting a "Are the AIs out of the box really the bees knees?" type of posting
smile.gif

The triggers a 2 stage, right? Can you speak a little to what you like about it? </div></div>Yes, it has a 2 stage trigger - very crisp.

What I enjoyed about it: (1) it was shipped from CO to FL and everything worked? I know this was not due to Fed-Ex, good packing and weapon ..., (2) it is a SOLID platform. In part, this is due to its weight, but also the build quality. Everything seems to fit very “precisely," (3) while I have shot AIs for some time (friend’s), everything is laid out very well for this type weapon... you can get to whatever controls you need easily, (4) while AIs DO NOT fit everyone – they seem to fit me like a glove. I feel like the weapon becomes a part of me – or me it – when making a shot. It is very natural, (5) recoil is negligible for a .308, allowing you to remain on target … </div></div>

Oh I just meant the trigger. But thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the nice rig... im an AICS owner, and I always get jealous when i see the real deal </div></div>I appreciate the comment. An AICS is on my short list built with a Lothar Walther barrel. They are good systems ...

Nice stick. I am waiting on my AI AE to get here. I ordered it with the AI bi pod but I will also be ordering an Atlas for it so I can swap back and forth. That is some nice glass!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick. I am waiting on my AI AE to get here. I ordered it with the AI bi pod but I will also be ordering an Atlas for it so I can swap back and forth. That is some nice glass!!! </div></div>Stryder, many thanks. I hope your AE comes in soon. I'm sure you will enjoy it. What kind of glass are you getting for it?

Sniper Tool Designs Angle Co-Sine sold by MHSA. I haven't used it - and it will hardly ever be used except in Tower practice ... which we do have somewhat planned for near the end of May. I added a US Optics level (not in the pics) as well. That will be used more often ...

Do you shoot at SCGAA??? Looks like it from the pics...

I was just there Yesterday with my new LTR. Been a member for years! We'll have to try to get together out there some time!

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you shoot at SCGAA??? Looks like it from the pics...

I was just there Yesterday with my new LTR. Been a member for years! We'll have to try to get together out there some time!

John </div></div>Yes - SCGAA - on that trip. Probably going again Saturday .... (early)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you shoot at SCGAA??? Looks like it from the pics...

John </div></div>Yes - SCGAA - on that trip. Probably going again Saturday .... (early)</div></div>

Come on out to Manatee Gun Club some time and stretch the legs of your AW at and beyond 600.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you shoot at SCGAA??? Looks like it from the pics...

John </div></div>Yes - SCGAA - on that trip. Probably going again Saturday .... (early)</div></div>

Come on out to Manatee Gun Club some time and stretch the legs of your AW at and beyond 600.
smile.gif
</div></div>Thanks for the invite. A couple of us are already planning a trip ....
smile.gif

Nice gun! That is my dream gun! One day after I graduate I can afford one of those. Nice shooting too! I wish I could that at 100yards.

Nice stick. You really went first rate!!! I should receive my AI AE this week from Schryver via Mile High. Sounds like you like your Atlas. I ordered the AI bipod along with the Atlas so I will see which one wins out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick. You really went first rate!!! I should receive my AI AE this week from Schryver via Mile High. Sounds like you like your Atlas. I ordered the AI bipod along with the Atlas so I will see which one wins out. </div></div>Congrats. I have a feeling which one you will like
grin.gif
- please post some pics ....when you get her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you shoot at SCGAA??? Looks like it from the pics...

John </div></div>Yes - SCGAA - on that trip. Probably going again Saturday .... (early) </div></div>
Well, I can't make it this Saturday. Going to the Leesburg Bike-Fest. Will try to catch up another time!

John

Decent looking boom stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick. I am waiting on my AI AE to get here. I ordered it with the AI bi pod but I will also be ordering an Atlas for it so I can swap back and forth. That is some nice glass!!! </div></div>Stryder, many thanks. I hope your AE comes in soon. I'm sure you will enjoy it. What kind of glass are you getting for it? </div></div>

I am going with a NF 3.5-15X50 w/zero stop and MLR reticle. I got the NF 1 piece base with 20 moa built in. I salivate over the S&B and Premier but maybe one day.

NF is some nice glass - I have one on one of my ARs (2.5x). Post some pics when you get her all set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBrother</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The triggers a 2 stage, right? Can you speak a little to what you like about it? </div></div>
Depending on how you set it up, an AI trigger can be single- or two-stage. There are two adjustment screws. One handles pull weight and the other moves engagement faces. If you set the engagement far enough, the stop moves out of the way and turns it from a traditional stop/break to one long, smooth pull until the hammer drops.

You can either have it to where you know the trigger will break or it's a complete surprise and you can have either of these setups with a heavy, medium, or light pull. It's a great trigger.

Doc - If you want to sell those green skins, let me know. I might take them off your hands.

Congrats on the new AI AW. I just got a 20" heavy contour folder last week.