• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First time hog hunting with dogs

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
My cousin called some guys out to his farm yesterday to run dogs so I decided to tag along and see what it was like. It was probably the most fun I've ever had hog hunting. We hunted for 4 hours and got 16 hogs which isn't bad considering you NEVER see hogs on the property. We're trying to schedule a date for the guys to come and run the dogs on our lease where you can't ride around for 20 minutes without seeing a pack of hogs. Anyways, here's a picture of most of the hogs. We forgot where the other 5 were.

6DC6B78C-5300-4CA0-BFDA-1E6CA01E4AAD-3253-00000359E39777DF_zps3297359b.jpg

Great picture. How old is that good looking Yellow Lab?

Her name's Kimber and she just hit 12 weeks on Thursday. I want her to be a hunting dog and I figured bird dogs were too common so I'm going to be training her to hunt Whitetail sheds. She's a great dog and believe it or not she was the last one left in the litter of 6 yellow labs. I don't know why no one before me chose her but I'm sure glad they didn't!

Hunted with dogs once. They bayed the hog and a buddy shot it point blank in the ear with a S&W Governor. That was a hoot!

Unfortunately this time we didn't get to get up close and personal to the hogs. We just sat outside the brush and waited for the hogs to run out. There were 4 four wheelers with 2 people on each one and 2 people running with the dogs through the brush. There were a couple times when we would hear barking and squealing mere yards in the brush and we'd be waiting for a hog to run out and it would just get silent all of a sudden and the 2 people in the brush would walk out a couple minutes later with a set of ears and a bloody knife. Hopefully one of these days I'll get the chance to run with the dogs and kill the hogs up close.

How come every post you put up with pics, reminds me that "life just isn't fucking fair"?

I envy.

How come every post you put up with pics, reminds me that "life just isn't fucking fair"?

I envy.

Haha that's not the first time I've heard that believe me. I've been very fortunate my whole life to have always had a place to hunt. I can only pray that when I have kids they'll have the same blessing that I've had.