• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the Love of God, GI Joe and John Wayne.... cleaning and abrasive cleaners

My bottles are at least 8 years old if not older. I have been down in NC for almost6 years and they moved down with me and I had them for a while before that.

I’ve used Acceleator and Wipeout (liquid) a fair bit. This is a stainless screw submerged in the Accelerator about 1 min in.

6C775521-F840-4933-9748-C90C2C55BD22.jpeg

I’m no chemist, but dang, looks like you have a bottle of something like hydrochloric acid. Hope you are wearing gloves.

Looks like @FredHammer has got a Tribble problem.

ABB9C2D9-94C0-4155-AAF5-506485E60CAC.jpeg

P.S. BR champ Speedy Gonzales uses Wipeout stuff, including Accelerator

List of the stuff Speedy uses:

Also learned about some fancy bore guide he uses and I like his two-rod setup and storage.

My two bottle don't even have numbers. LOL I just tossed a couple screws in a little of each so will let them sit a while and see.

That said what Fred has is not acting like anything I have seen. I am betting that there was a serious issue with that batch. Where did you buy it?

My two bottle don't even have numbers. LOL I just tossed a couple screws in a little of each so will let them sit a while and see.

That said what Fred has is not acting like anything I have seen. I am betting that there was a serious issue with that batch. Where did you buy it?
It was weird. I was in a back alley of Chicago…🤣🤣🤣It was either Midway or Grafs

Did you ever use this accelerator without issue?
I thought I did. I detected some of the red color on the barrel breach faces, but didn’t think much of it. It was in the threads of the receivers faintly.

These last two barrels I cleaned all rusted hell broke loose. That’s why I wanted to conduct the experiments I did today. To see if this stuff would eat up clean virgin stainless steel.

I suppose the screw I used was 316 SS or 304.

Aren’t stainless barrels 416, typically?

I guess one could buy some 316, 18-8, & 416 SS dowel pins from McMaster for testing.

0F8BA839-4664-44DE-B90D-A683ECB55D00.jpeg

This is after 1hr 5min of soaking. I shook it around a bit. Nothing.

I suppose the screw I used was 316 SS or 304.

Aren’t stainless barrels 416, typically?

I guess one could buy some 316, 18-8, & 416 SS dowel pins from McMaster for testing.

View attachment 8211278

This is after 1hr 5min of soaking. I shook it around a bit. Nothing.
Yup barrel steel 416R. Not sure about metallurgy beyond that as in what would be resistant to this corrosion. I so wish the smith that cut my 30” barrel to 23.5 would have sent the cut piece back. I’d be a Daggum mad scientist by now!

Yup barrel steel 416R. Not sure about metallurgy beyond that as in what would be resistant to this corrosion. I so wish the smith that cut my 30” barrel to 23.5 would have sent the cut piece back. I’d be a Daggum mad scientist by now!
Set the rifle up so the bottom of the muzzle is in a cup of the stuff. From your previous pictures it will not hurt it any more than it already has.

Fred do you have kids? Is it possible someone put anything else in that bottle or anything like that? This is really bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: FredHammer
I have a completely fucked up 416R stainless barrel that started this all. Why do I need to dick dance like that?🤣
I dunno man, nobody else has results like you. You are talking shit about a product and nobody can reproduce what you are saying. You seem to like controversy. What are the chances the product you are soaking in is actually accellerator? Shit smells like fish.

I dunno man, nobody else has results like you. You are talking shit about a product and nobody can reproduce what you are saying. You seem to like controversy. What are the chances the product you are soaking in is actually accellerator? Shit smells like fish.
Unreal. How about you just let us adults talk about this and you can take your shit talk to some other thread.

@JBoomhauer - here junior. I did your homework for you. 2013 before bros had borescopes. Probably before you had your driver's license. I'm guessing your age based upon your online persona posting quality. Oh, and before I leave you alone I couldn't help but notice your "Gunnery Sergeant" SH achievement. I actually earned that rank in a chapter of my book of life. YUT!

Last edited:
@FredHammer - Fred, you been punked somewhere along the line. That ain't Accelerator in that bottle...or, at a VERY minimum, it ain't what Accelerator is supposed to be.

And hour now in my Accelerator which was bought three years ago...pretty sure I bought it direct from them. Zero negative impact....actually, no impact at all (well, it might be a tiny bit cleaner! haha). Seriously, there is no way in god's green earth that any cleaning product could do to that pin of yours in just a few minutes. Just speculation, but either some disgruntled employee (or perhaps someone of your acquaintance who had a grudge and access to your cleaning supplies) filled a bottle with acid or Sharp Shoot-R fucked up production in a way that's kind of hard to understand. As to the later, if they fucked up a production batch such that it did what you showed then it would be all over the net as there would be $100k's (maybe millions) in ruined rifles. Just have a hard time believing that scenario.

1692837002354.jpeg

Here is my bottle of Accelerator...no number on it aside from the bar code. My Patch Out, bought at the same time, had a five digit number on the bottom of the barrel...16689, I believe.

1692837363407.jpeg

I don't know what else to tell you but what you have in a bottle labeled Accelerator ain't what all the rest of us have in a bottle marked the same.

Hopefully you live in the same state as the wipeout operates in. otherwise you are wasting your time and money trying to sue. Small claims has to be filed in the same state and county they reside in. Or just do it through the mail till you actually have to go there in person to see the judge. Good luck, i would be pissed off too.

If I had some Accelerator, I would mix my Accelerator with an acid in a well ventilated area & put some steel in there. Vinegar or lemon juice would work great.

@FredHammer - Fred, you been punked somewhere along the line. That ain't Accelerator in that bottle...or, at a VERY minimum, it ain't what Accelerator is supposed to be.

And hour now in my Accelerator which was bought three years ago...pretty sure I bought it direct from them. Zero negative impact....actually, no impact at all (well, it might be a tiny bit cleaner! haha). Seriously, there is no way in god's green earth that any cleaning product could do to that pin of yours in just a few minutes. Just speculation, but either some disgruntled employee (or perhaps someone of your acquaintance who had a grudge and access to your cleaning supplies) filled a bottle with acid or Sharp Shoot-R fucked up production in a way that's kind of hard to understand. As to the later, if they fucked up a production batch such that it did what you showed then it would be all over the net as there would be $100k's (maybe millions) in ruined rifles. Just have a hard time believing that scenario.

View attachment 8211467
Here is my bottle of Accelerator...no number on it aside from the bar code. My Patch Out, bought at the same time, had a five digit number on the bottom of the barrel...16689, I believe.

View attachment 8211470

I don't know what else to tell you but what you have in a bottle labeled Accelerator ain't what all the rest of us have in a bottle marked the same.
So, I see. What I find odd is how the Wipeout owner was, "Oh yeah, that red liquid shit, yup, that's the rection of accelerator and powder fouling. You guys have no "red shit" but the owner was fully aware of the "red shit" and made it out that was normal. How would the owner know of the "red shit" if the product didn't produce it? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????

Still someone, anyone like to opine on the owner saying the barrel looks clean, no problems? Nobody in their right fucking mind would look at those pictures and be like, "yup Looks good to me!"

When I caught him in his lie that I was the first person to ever have problems with his product, I brought up the 2013 thread. He seemed to know what I was talking about, and replied, "Well, what do you want from me? You looking to win the lottery?" Uhm, no I don't want to win anything, I just don't want to be at a loss because of your defective product! "Well, you better get yourself a good attorney!" Ya know, nothing about wanting to examine the bottle, or send me a new bottle. Nope. "SUE ME" was his response.

I'm sick and fucking tired of defending this experience of Accelerator. I no longer give a fuck. Yeah, I must have mixed fucking lime juice in with it. Ya'll use whatever you want in your barrel. I won't be using Wipeout products ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBigCountry
Hopefully you live in the same state as the wipeout operates in. otherwise you are wasting your time and money trying to sue. Small claims has to be filed in the same state and county they reside in. Or just do it through the mail till you actually have to go there in person to see the judge. Good luck, i would be pissed off too.
Wrong. The suit can be filed in the jurisdiction in which the damage occurred. I kinda researched this.

So, I see. What I find odd is how the Wipeout owner was, "Oh yeah, that red liquid shit, yup, that's the rection of accelerator and powder fouling. You guys have no "red shit" but the owner was fully aware of the "red shit" and made it out that was normal. How would the owner know of the "red shit" if the product didn't produce it? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????

Still someone, anyone like to opine on the owner saying the barrel looks clean, no problems? Nobody in their right fucking mind would look at those pictures and be like, "yup Looks good to me!"

When I caught him in his lie that I was the first person to ever have problems with his product, I brought up the 2013 thread. He seemed to know what I was talking about, and replied, "Well, what do you want from me? You looking to win the lottery?" Uhm, no I don't want to win anything, I just don't want to be at a loss because of your defective product! "Well, you better get yourself a good attorney!" Ya know, nothing about wanting to examine the bottle, or send me a new bottle. Nope. "SUE ME" was his response.

I'm sick and fucking tired of defending this experience of Accelerator. I no longer give a fuck. Yeah, I must have mixed fucking lime juice in with it. Ya'll use whatever you want in your barrel. I won't be using Wipeout products ever again.
Fred, you seem to really, really, really be attached to the idea that your Accelerator is just like everybody else in the fucking world's Accelerator. And its not. I have zero idea what's in your bottle, how it got there, or how its eating SS. But its not happening to anybody else.

Frankly, use any cleaning products you want. I won't loose sleep over it. Hate the owner of Sharp Shoot-R. Won't loose any sleep over that either.

But you should clearly recognize that what came out of OUR bottles of Accelerator is NOT the same as what came out of YOUR bottle of Accelerator.

As for the last paragraph in your post above....can you see how this kind of angry, resentful, sarcastic text makes people, who have gone out of their way to try to reproduce your results, tell you to fuck off in reply? Can you see that at all?

Best of luck to you, pal. I'm done with this too.

Last edited:
Wrong. The suit can be filed in the jurisdiction in which the damage occurred. I kinda researched this.
what state do you live in then? small claims court has always been where you reside in. If you want an out of state business to be able to be sued you would either go to their state or if they have a business located in your state then you can file in your state. Take it to your judge but he is going to throw it out as you have no standing in your state without them have a business location in your state.

First, some definition of terms:
  • Sharpshootr = the company that makes the below products
  • Wipe-Out = foam cleaning product
  • Patch-Out = same as above except in liquid form
  • Wipe-Out Accelerator = liquid product that is added to the bore before either Wipe-Out or Patch-Out to speed the cleaning reaction
After reading the link that @FredHammer provided (apparently all Wipeout/Patchout related) plus hearing of @FredHammer ’s own experiences with Accelerator, I’m confused.

Three different products, Accelerator, Wipe-Out and Patch-Out, rarely associated with pitting stainless barrels.

This makes me think that over the years:
  1. WEIRD REACTION: There’s some weird reaction of metal/copper/lead/carbon and whatever other leftover chemicals happening, plus maybe environmental factors
  2. MANUFACTURER MIXUP: Whatever company is mixing up Sharpshootr’s stuff might not be cleaning their mixing equipment between jobs or that they accidentally put an entirely wrong product in some bottles
  3. FRAUD (discounting that, can’t prove anything)
  4. USER INEPTITUDE (ditto above)
  5. MANUF INEPTITUDE (ditto above)
So I went digging.

AMMONIA and/or STICKINESS/GEL
This thread from 2017 over at Accurate Shooter mentioned has posts that state (same guy: 1, 2) that a bottle smelled like ammonia. There was also some talk about the product being sticky, which is odd. I’ve never found that to be the case.

This guy at our very own SN said his Patch-Out and Accelerator combo reeked like ammonia.

Here and here there is mention of Patch-Out being a gel…like Dawn’s dish soap. That fella didn’t have any problems like others didn’t in the thread, but…odd. My Patch-Out and Accelerator are both like water.

I noticed that the Accelerator in @FredHammer ’s pics looked gel-like.

BORE DAMAGE (+ dissolved plastic)
This guy said he had a rust problem with the last dregs of the product. This guy had a rust problem too. Here’s yet another report.

Then there is the issue with dissolving the straw the foam comes with and damaging the interior of the foam can. He also mentions some pitting.

Here’s more reports of dissolving can linings/straws and rust. In one case, Sharpshootr sent replacement cans.

Finally, since I’m no chemist or other type of engineer, treat this with a pinch of salt: this guy suggests what I think is galvanic corrosion.

EPILOGUE
I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve used Patch-Out and its Accelerator for some time, but I have no bore scope. I have no idea what’s happening in that dark cylindrical wonderland of voodoo magik.

Sharpshootr’s site has always reminded me of a carnival barker, so there’s that. The whole bore cleaning industry is a total circus anyway 🤡🎪

Note that our guy on this thread has been asking questions on LRH about his problem, which is quite all right of course. I mentioned this only point out that it’s the same guy.

And I’m sorry if I’ve messed up somewhere. My eyes are a bit crossed at this point lol

Last edited:
As for the last paragraph in your post above....can you see how this kind of angry, resentful, sarcastic text makes people, who have gone out of their way to try to reproduce your results, tell you to fuck off in reply?

Most companies would want the stuff back, plus the damaged item to see for themselves & then issue a recall. He claims they told him to piss off. If he were normal poster I'd be inclined to believe him but since he appears to be unhinged who the fuck knows.

Fed, you seem to really, really, really be attached to the idea that your Accelerator is just like everybody else in the fucking world's Accelerator. And its not. I have zero idea what's in your bottle, how it got there, or how its eating SS. But its not happening to anybody else.

Frankly, use any cleaning products you want. I won't loose sleep over it. Hate the owner of Sharp Shoot-R. Won't loose any sleep over that either.

But you should clearly recognize that what came out of OUR bottles of Accelerator is NOT the same as what came out of YOUR bottle of Accelerator.

As for the last paragraph in your post above....can you see how this kind of angry, resentful, sarcastic text makes people, who have gone out of their way to try to reproduce your results, tell you to fuck off in reply? Can you see that at all?

Best of luck to you, pal. I'm done with this too.
My apologies if you thought I was directing the rest of the post beyond "I see" towards you. I didn't leave any logical break between that and yelling to the hilltops on the rest of the post. :ROFLMAO:

I actually thought for once we, as in the others posting their accelerator experiments, were making some progress. Then I made a "Just the tip" joke to a guy and right back off the rails gobliship!

Something is wrong with my bottle of Accelerator. That was being established with the experimentation results from others. The bottle numbers and dates of purchase might have led to solving this mystery. Getting to the bottom of this matter won't/can't happen on this forum.

Sans all the stupid shit, all I wanted to do was let people know what happened to me with the use of the product, how the matter was handled by the company, and prevent other dudes from wrecking their guns.

I called some other manufacturers of gun cleaning products and would you imagine the stark contrast in professionalism and genuine customer care?! I'll identify the best one, the gal at Iosso is a class act. Mary, or MaryAnne, I always fuck up names. Extremely interesting conversations about Thorroclean, Iosso paste, the differences, simularities, Speedy, Eric Cortina, history of Iosso cleaning system. I speak about Iosso because I intend to use those products on this roached barrel to breathe some life into it.

Reactions: Baron23
First, some definition of terms:
  • Sharpshootr = the company that makes the below products
  • Wipe-Out = foam cleaning product
  • Patch-Out = same as above except in liquid form
  • Wipe-Out Accelerator = liquid product that is added to the bore before either Wipe-Out or Patch-Out to speed the cleaning reaction
After reading the link that @FredHammer provided (apparently all Wipeout/Patchout related) plus hearing of @FredHammer ’s own experiences with Accelerator, I’m confused.

Three different products, Accelerator, Wipe-Out and Patch-Out, rarely associated with pitting stainless barrels.

This makes me think that over the years:
  1. WEIRD REACTION: There’s some weird reaction of metal/copper/lead/carbon and whatever other leftover chemicals happening, plus maybe environmental factors
  2. MANUFACTURER MIXUP: Whatever company is mixing up Sharpshootr’s stuff might not be cleaning their mixing equipment between jobs or that they accidentally put an entirely wrong product in some bottles
  3. FRAUD (discounting that, can’t prove anything)
  4. USER INEPTITUDE (ditto above)
  5. MANUF INEPTITUDE (ditto above)
So I went digging.

AMMONIA and/or STICKINESS/GEL
This thread from 2017 over at Accurate Shooter mentioned has posts that state (same guy: 1, 2) that a bottle smelled like ammonia. There was also some talk about the product being sticky, which is odd. I’ve never found that to be the case.

This guy at our very own SN said his Patch-Out and Accelerator combo reeked like ammonia.

Here and here there is mention of Patch-Out being a gel…like Dawn’s dish soap. That fella didn’t have any problems like others didn’t in the thread, but…odd. My Patch-Out and Accelerator are both like water.

I noticed that the Accelerator in @FredHammer ’s pics looked gel-like.

BORE DAMAGE (+ dissolved plastic)
This guy said he had a rust problem with the last dregs of the product. This guy had a rust problem too. Here’s yet another report.

Then there is the issue with dissolving the straw the foam comes with and damaging the interior of the foam can. He also mentions some pitting.

Here’s more reports of dissolving can linings/straws and rust. In one case, Sharpshootr sent replacement cans.

Finally, since I’m no chemist or other type of engineer, treat this with a pinch of salt: this guy suggests what I think is galvanic corrosion.

EPILOGUE
I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve used Patch-Out and its Accelerator for some time, but I have no bore scope. I have no idea what’s happening in that dark cylindrical wonderland of voodoo magik.

Sharpshootr’s site has always reminded me of a carnival barker, so there’s that. The whole bore cleaning industry is a total circus anyway 🤡🎪

Note that our guy on this thread has been asking questions on LRH about his problem, which is quite all right of course. I mentioned this only point out that it’s the same guy.

And I’m sorry if I’ve messed up somewhere. My eyes are a bit crossed at this point lol
That was an excellent post. Thanks for taking time to compile that.

Reactions: carbonbased
Most companies would want the stuff back, plus the damaged item to see for themselves & then issue a recall. He claims they told him to piss off. If he were normal poster I'd be inclined to believe him but since he appears to be unhinged who the fuck knows.
That is what I'm screaming. I ran this by other companies and those folks said that was the first step they would take.

I don't know what you consider a "normal poster" here. I don't see anyone else just laying down when they're called a liar. In fact, I see a great deal of thin skinned behavior on here. Act decent, I treat you decent. Act like a punk, and I will teat you like a punk. (The "you" is used generally in that phrase, I am not directing it singularly at you.)

So. The guy who spread so much bullshit he changed his name from Gingerman to Fredhammer has an unsubstantiated problem no one else can reproduce with the same product. I am not skeptical at all.
Well, look who dropped in to shit post like that's all he knows how to do!

Been using the same Dewey .30 rod for over 20 years and no issues. After each pass it gets a wipe with a rag so sure that helps.
That's the key probably more than anything else. Coated or uncoated rod etc...

After each pass... take a rag and wipe it off like Rob posted above. I do the same thing and I've been beating it into my kids head as well. LOL!

If I had some Accelerator, I would mix my Accelerator with an acid in a well ventilated area & put some steel in there. Vinegar or lemon juice would work great.
Actually, after reading an MSDS for Butyl Cellosolve (Accelerator), I’d be more interested in mixing it with baking soda or laundry detergent & seeing what that does to steel.

Well, your Accelerator has a known problem. It’s clearly destroying steel.

It would be better to see what happens when combined with a bottle of Accelerator that hasn’t been associated with any problems to see what could cause Accelerator to go bad.

Well, your Accelerator has a known problem. It’s clearly destroying steel.

It would be better to see what happens when combined with a bottle of Accelerator that hasn’t been associated with any problems to see what could cause Accelerator to go bad.
Oh ok. :ROFLMAO: