• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Form 1-EForm : 13 business days

The ATF will send you the proper fingerprint cards for free. I suggest trying and rolling your own. They don't have to be perfect as the way the ATF stores them is not like if you were a criminal. I believe they don't even scan them for eligibility, they just get dropped in a file with the rest of your stuff.
I believe they still have to be signed by a LEO so you can’t just do your own and send in.

For all. I submitted my Form 1 Eform with the ATF on Feb 26 and it came back approved on March 12th. That is a total of 13 business days. If you have any questions on the process please message. Do not message me about anything incriminating. Only if you need help with a Form 1.

Seve

I'm completely retarded when it comes to whats what for NFA. Mainly because I don't care about their dumb laws, but anyways.

For a Form1 if I am understanding it right, would both of these qualify:

- Pistol that I already own yet I want to put a stock on as an SBR

- AR15 lower on a 10.5 CQB 'pistol' with a pistol brace on it that I want to put a real stock on as an SBR

Also, whats the difference now between individual and trust? Is it just that you basically have to do the fingerprints and passport photo for both now?

@hunting_fishing_addict

I'm completely retarded when it comes to whats what for NFA. Mainly because I don't care about their dumb laws, but anyways.

For a Form1 if I am understanding it right, would both of these qualify:

- Pistol that I already own yet I want to put a stock on as an SBR

- AR15 lower on a 10.5 CQB 'pistol' with a pistol brace on it that I want to put a real stock on as an SBR

Also, whats the difference now between individual and trust? Is it just that you basically have to do the fingerprints and passport photo for both now?

@hunting_fishing_addict

Yes, both of those would apply as you are wanting to change what is essentially a pistol into an SBR.

Unfortunately, the only real difference between a trust and an individual now is that with the trust, anyone that is on there with you can be in possession of Said items with or without you there. So, if something were to happen to you you wouldn’t inadvertently put your family at risk of violating the law since they would most likely be on the trust. There is a grace period anyways but you get where I am going. If you were just an individual then anytime someone wanted to shoot your stuff you’d have to be with them. Make sense? All of my stuff is a mixed bag, some is on trust and some is just me. You still have to do prints and photos now for either....which is utterly stupid. They should be able to keep a trust on file and keep everything under that one folder than having to resubmit everything every time. But it wasn’t created for efficiency, more of a roadblock I imagine.

Is it possible to do a trust but not have family/spouse on it purely because I dont want to get her involved with a background check/have her name attached to it?

Mainly trying to avoid having to engrave my full name on the weapon and instead put a short Trust name on it.

@SilentStalkr

Is it possible to do a trust but not have family/spouse on it purely because I dont want to get her involved with a background check/have her name attached to it?

Mainly trying to avoid having to engrave my full name on the weapon and instead put a short Trust name on it.

@SilentStalkr

Absolutely. You can have anyone you want on the trust, just be sure that whoever is on there is more trustworthy than family!

I was wrong about not having to engrave. Going back and looking at my stuff I forgot that I gave it to my cop buddy to engrave on one of their machines. Better to engrave and not need it then the opposite. Basically most info is already there, you just need to engrave your name or the name of the trust, hence why I see the trust as a better option than an individual. If a firearm is engraved and you died and nobody else was on that trust, I assume it would have to be destroyed instead of being able to be passed down to your family. Of course, I have my doubts about how many ATF people will be tracking nfa items down 50 years from now but that’s another story.

Last edited:
Absolutely. You can have anyone you want on the trust, just be sure that whoever is on there is more trustworthy than family!

I was wrong about not having to engrave. Going back and looking at my stuff I forgot that I gave it to my cop buddy to engrave on one of their machines. Better to engrave and not need it then the opposite. Basically most info is already there, you just need to engrave your name or the name of the trust, hence why I see the trust as a better option than an individual. If a firearm is engraved and you died and nobody else was on that trust, I assume it would have to be destroyed instead of being able to be passed down to your family. Of course, I have my doubts about how many ATF people will be tracking nfa items down 50 years from now but that’s another story.

The whole “need to engrave” thing has caused a lot of confusion over the years and I’m sure many arguments along the way. After hearing conflicting information from a dealer and the attorney that wrote my trust I just decided to call the ATF and ask about whether or not I needed to engrave my Form 1 SBR and the short answer was no. The only time you would need to engrave it is if you wanted to sell. All this providing that you “built” it from an already manufactured lower that had all the info on it. If you actually built from an 80% lower or for a suppressor build on form 1 then you need to have your information engraved on it but for me, buying my DD MK18 as a pistol and then form 1’ing it I do not need to add anything else unless I intend to seek it one day.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
The whole “need to engrave” thing has caused a lot of confusion over the years and I’m sure many arguments along the way. After hearing conflicting information from a dealer and the attorney that wrote my trust I just decided to call the ATF and ask about whether or not I needed to engrave my Form 1 SBR and the short answer was no. The only time you would need to engrave it is if you wanted to sell. All this providing that you “built” it from an already manufactured lower that had all the info on it. If you actually built from an 80% lower or for a suppressor build on form 1 then you need to have your information engraved on it but for me, buying my DD MK18 as a pistol and then form 1’ing it I do not need to add anything else unless I intend to seek it one day.

That’s more or less what I was told to but in saying that, I’d rather have it in the trust and be able to be passed down instead of destroyed, which is why I engraved. I figured this way the family could sell it, I think, if they wanted and get something out of it vs. getting nothing. At least that’s what I remember lol. Been a long time. Either way, didn’t really cost anything to engrave and like I said, I have my doubts the ATF will be looking for these 50 years from now.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Anyone have an estimated wait time for a F1 for a can? Assuming a trust and electronic submit?

Any recommendations on vendors for parts for a F1 can? ....while staying legal.

Are these still being approved in under a month? I'm seriously considering a 22 can

Gents and Gals. Your law abiding citizens. Do not be afraid to do this, it is your legal right. The process is simple and does not require signature from LEO, only information them that your making an approved firearm, and that all markings are to be in compliance with 27 CFR 478.92 and 479.102. Just do it, its worth it. That's what it comes down to.

Last edited:
I finally received my approved form 1 on a trust back just now. Submitted December 25th. I’m not sure what their hold up was but they didn’t need anything changed or fixed. Just took them a long time.

I do have 6 suppressors sitting in jail on a form 4 trust that might have affected it.

5-30-19 Just submitted two form 1 apps. Fd up the first by accidentally putting my trust docs on the firearm page also. Now says pending research....

2nd one I managed to do correctly. We will see what happens.

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
I got my fingerprints and send them out today, I also send a copy of the paperwork to the leo, so now the waiting starts.
Approved today!
So around 2 months for me
I just filled mine, now I need to send fingerprints.
I can go to my local police station and they have the correct fingerprint cards?
approved this morning!
So around 2 months waiting.

Now I want to start a short barreled bolt action.

5-30-19 Just submitted two form 1 apps. Fd up the first by accidentally putting my trust docs on the firearm page also. Now says pending research....

2nd one I managed to do correctly. We will see what happens.
13 business days for me. Only 7 if you start from when they received my fingerprints

Got my stamp yesterday

Reactions: Geno C.
Filed 2 on the 22nd. Still waiting on a cover letter to sent. I got a control number on the 24th.

Filed Friday before last and got cover letter that night, but it went to my junk mail. Took me until midweek to realize it because I was told it could be a few days. Prints received on Monday. Tick tick, tick tock.

Mailed prints yesterday, should arrive to them on Friday. Going to send my lower to get engraved Friday when I go to pick up a Form 4 stamp. Any luck, I'll get stamp and receiver at roughly the same time.

Called this morning. Turns out the attachments were in the email I received earlier this week. You just can’t see them on an iPhone. You have to open them on a computer. I tried forwarding them to my wife to have her open and print them but that didn’t work. She had to sign into my email and then open them. Kind of weird but I’ll get them out today.

Did a Form 1 online today and received my coversheet right away. Prints are sent off as well and should be in their mailbox Tue/Wed. I’ll update when it gets approved.

Got my efile Form 1 approval today. 14 days exactly from date prints were received by ATF. Submitting another one this week with prints I rolled myself on ATF fingerprint cards. We shall see

That’s more or less what I was told to but in saying that, I’d rather have it in the trust and be able to be passed down instead of destroyed, which is why I engraved. I figured this way the family could sell it, I think, if they wanted and get something out of it vs. getting nothing. At least that’s what I remember lol. Been a long time. Either way, didn’t really cost anything to engrave and like I said, I have my doubts the ATF will be looking for these 50 years from now.
Ok, but can’t you contact ATF and have the stamp “destroyed” by Filing that, say the SBR configuration is no longer being used and the gun is returned to its original configuration?

eFiled another Form 1 today. rolled my own fingerprints on ATF fingerprint cards they mailed me and just dropped them in the mail with the cover letter. The wait begins. Form 1 to build a suppressor this time.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
eFiled another Form 1 today. rolled my own fingerprints on ATF fingerprint cards they mailed me and just dropped them in the mail with the cover letter. The wait begins. Form 1 to build a suppressor this time.
From parts or from scratch?

Time may be getting longer. Prints were received on the 28th. That's 18 days as of today.
SBR
Single/Individual

Just filed mine for SBR on July 11th, sent prints on 12th. Following this thread for times

We shall see.... prints received July 11th. 5 days in. My June 24th prints received got approval back July 7th..13 days.

I got in on some Form 1 action too. Submitted efforts and mailed prints this week. Couple SBR’s and going to do a 9mm can and a 450 Bushmaster can.

Fingers crossed for quick turnaround... I’m still waiting on Form 4’s from last Fall.

www.quietbore.com. 100% titanium. Will be doing a full review and testing.

@padom I looked at that website b/c a form 1 interests too. However, if you purchase their complete kit you are at the price of a 22 can, and actually over the price of some less popular cans.

So what would be the logic in going this route over buying a can and going form 4?

I have very little knowledge of all of this, and am just beginning my research to buy one.

Thank you

For me, the quicker approvals was the driver. ~1-2 months versus 10-12+ is a no brainer. Plus I am looking forward to the projects.

For a centerfire can, assembling components or a kit from companies like Diversified Machine, Totality Infustries, Super Precision Concepts - is cheaper comparably to an off the shelf can that you Form 4 and wait a year for. But it depends on the specifics of what you’re doing I guess.

Last edited: