• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Form 1-EForm : 13 business days

@padom I looked at that website b/c a form 1 interests too. However, if you purchase their complete kit you are at the price of a 22 can, and actually over the price of some less popular cans.

So what would be the logic in going this route over buying a can and going form 4?

I have very little knowledge of all of this, and am just beginning my research to buy one.

Thank you

13 days vs 11-13 months. Up to you.... and I'm not sure what cans your comparing but my rugged Obsidian 45 was $700 when I bought it....there 9mm/45 kit is $250.....my Surge 7.62 was $1000, there 5.56/30 cal kit is $350....

@padom I'm just going to start with a rimfire can, and have pretty much settled on a Dead Air Mask which can be found on sale for roughly $350 and everyday prices are $400.

I think their complete 22 kit is $250 unless titanium is chosen.

I am very curious how the quality of their kit compares to your other suppressors that you already have.

Wanting to take the dive into SBR. I’m an LEO and can have someone at work do my prints on our electric print machine. Can I do this, or do I need specific ATF fingerprint cards?
Need specific cards. Two of them. FD-258

May want to check your station. They may have them. When I went to get printed they had a stack for concealed carry and other back ground purposes.

May want to check your station. They may have them. When I went to get printed they had a stack for concealed carry and other back ground purposes.

Is it the same cards as for concealed carry? I know we will have those

And we use an electric AFIS machine for prints. I’m sure they must have the PDF version on there. I’ll check to make sure it’s printed on a FD-258 card. Does it have to be original signatures or can I print and sign one and make numerous copies?

Wanting to take the dive into SBR. I’m an LEO and can have someone at work do my prints on our electric print machine. Can I do this, or do I need specific ATF fingerprint cards?

You can do this. But you must hand write the correct info in the origin box which. Only difference is ATF comes with that filled out. Just got my approved form 1 efile back with leo print cards and I wrote in the orig box....

Standard FD-258 cards yes. But I've never been given any other card when getting my prints done and is the only card my local sheriff and PD have....

You can do this. But you must hand write the correct info in the origin box which. Only difference is ATF comes with that filled out. Just got my approved form 1 efile back with leo print cards and I wrote in the orig box....

Awesome. Will look to get prints done so once I get some lowers in I can get the SBR for it. Hopefully form 4 goes to e file soon too. Would make me have a sbr with supressor by the end of this year !

@padom and anyone else who can help.

Which way is better for my first suppressor purchase for a 22 LR can? Form 1 or Form 4?

Or SHOULD a first time suppressor purchase be a manufactured one to be on the safe side?

These may sound like stupid questions, but I was set on buying the Dead Air Mask until I read this thread.

I'm thinking if I go form 1 = have tax stamp in possibly 3 weeks as opposed to 1 year? Also save a hundred or more dollars on the can?

Also, if I do go form 1 can I upgrade the internal baffles over time if I feel the need?

Again, I don't know much about suppressors.

Thanks

SBR
Single with no trust.
Finger prints received 6/28
Approved 7/22
25 days

I'll take that over paper and 8 months any day. Takes an hour out of your day to get printed and mail the cover letter and prints. No reason to not do this.

Submitted 6/25
Approved 7/24

Email for one says it was approved. Email for the other says it was changed to submitted/in process. The website says they’re finalized. I have to wait for a computer to see the attachments in the emails. I’ll let you know what up when I open them

I would think so. The one that should say approved but doesn’t is the one I’m curious about

The one “in process” is still in process I guess... they just sent me an email that said it was changed to that even though nothing changed. The one is approved though. They were submitted within 10-15 minutes of each other. I’ll probably call tomorrow just to verify that there’s not a problem, and to check on the 2 form 4s that I am waiting on.

@padom I looked at that website b/c a form 1 interests too. However, if you purchase their complete kit you are at the price of a 22 can, and actually over the price of some less popular cans.

So what would be the logic in going this route over buying a can and going form 4?

I have very little knowledge of all of this, and am just beginning my research to buy one.

Thank you

Most gun guys love to tinker and build, plus I also like to know how everything works that I’m operating. Also, saying you built it these days is a pretty cool feature. Building a Form 1 approved suppressor is also not easy, in some cases. Lastly, you compared the price to a 22 can, we are building, in most cases, .30 cans. Which the price difference is huge. Hope this information helps you make a decision.

Reactions: Geno C. and rookie7
Confused on the quiet bore? I looked at it and its a “solvent trap”? Do they sell modification stuff or are you completely building?

Confused on the quiet bore? I looked at it and its a “solvent trap”? Do they sell modification stuff or are you completely building?
They sell a jig for you to drill baffles out via drill press after your Form 1 is approved. They sell them as solvent traps because it’s legal, you have to finish them yourself.

Reactions: j-moose32
Has anyone changed their length after the fact?

I have a form 1 for a 10" can right now. I'd like to make it a little shorter. Or if possible, could I do like a 7" main body with a threaded end that I can screw an additional 3" onto it?

Has anyone changed their length after the fact?

I have a form 1 for a 10" can right now. I'd like to make it a little shorter. Or if possible, could I do like a 7" main body with a threaded end that I can screw an additional 3" onto it?

I would say yes, that's what rugged does with their cans. I would put the longest length it will be on the form 1.

I’m at 23 days as of today. My prints arrived 3 days after submitting the eform so you can say 20 days if you count the day they received them.

Reactions: JBPilot
They sell a jig for you to drill baffles out via drill press after your Form 1 is approved. They sell them as solvent traps because it’s legal, you have to finish them yourself.
In for results on this then, since form 4 is stupid waits and no sign of going to efile as far as I know

My Form 1 efile approval just came through to make a can. This was with my own prints I rolled myself using the free fingerprint cards I ordered directly form the ATF and ink pad/card holder I ordered off Amazon.

ATF Efiled 7/08/19
Prints Received @ ATF 7/11/19
Approval received 8/1/19

21 Days from prints received. Looks like Form 1 efiles are up because the Form 1 approval I got the week before I submitted this one only took 13 days. But hey this is way better than 10-12 months!!

Stay tuned for my Titanium can review from www.quietbore.com

Nice @padom I’m still waiting on the approval email from the second one. They tell me it’s approved when I call but the person on he phone can’t do anything about it. They say to use he ask the experts tab on the website to ask for a reset for approval. Did that last week. Yesterday they transferred me on the phone to one of the “experts” that do the website. Left a message about lunch time. No call back. About to call again.

I’m not in a rush since I won’t be home to even have a chance of working on it for at least a couple weeks. It would be nice to have all my ducks in a row and ready to go though. My buddy delivered all my pieces to my wife from solventtrapsdirect. I might start a little review on them as well.

I had an efile Form 1 for an SBR that I submitted 7/8, and got approved today 8/1. Used ATF cards and Amazon print of and rolled my own prints too.

Reactions: Geno C. and 021411
Great, can’t wait to see the video. I think that’s what I’m going to do for my next can. I’ve been putting off getting a .22 because I don’t want to wait that long.

Spoke too soon. Got my stamp today. 25 from submitting, 23 from day prints arrived.

Application on 7/9
Approved today 8/3

SBR Form 1 Individual

@padom and anyone else who can help.

Which way is better for my first suppressor purchase for a 22 LR can? Form 1 or Form 4?

Or SHOULD a first time suppressor purchase be a manufactured one to be on the safe side?

These may sound like stupid questions, but I was set on buying the Dead Air Mask until I read this thread.

I'm thinking if I go form 1 = have tax stamp in possibly 3 weeks as opposed to 1 year? Also save a hundred or more dollars on the can?

Also, if I do go form 1 can I upgrade the internal baffles over time if I feel the need?

Again, I don't know much about suppressors.

Thanks

My first form1 can was an all Ti .30 cal. Just shot it on my .243 and all was good and pretty quiet. For .22 LR can you can do aluminum and Ti no problem. My efrom 1 stamp took about 60 days so your mileage may vary, I know a ton of people get theirs back in less time.

For .22 LR I'd form 1 in a heartbeat.