• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wait. You got cans back from beginning of September?!

I purchased them but am waiting for the tax stamps. I'm hopping that the wait times keep dropping or at the worst remain steady.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh ok. I sent mine in on 8/8 so based on what I've seen at my shop I'm in the far track so end of this month?

I imagine they are working at it from both ends. The top and bottom. This is just going to take some time. It's not like you got pushed further back.

Just got my ultra 7 yesterday.

Submitted 9/18/18
Cashed 10/5/18
Correction letter sent from atf 9/2/19
Correction sent from me 9/12/19
Aproved 9/22/19
Stamp at dealer 9/26/19

Man that was painful. But the wait was worth it

Check cashed 09/10/2018 .
Called today, told pending, and still not assigned to a examiner. This is completely ridiculous.

On the plus side I picked up my 300 Norma yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyJason
Form 4 trust
Check cashed 11-19-18
Called today they said still pending hasn’t been assigned to examiner yet but call back in 4 weeks and she may have some good news for me

Last edited:
Form 4 trust
Check cashed 10-31-18
Received a call on 9-27-19 from my dealer that my tax stamp had arrived and ready to pickup
10-3-19 Picked up, in hand

TBAC Ultra 7
Form 4 Individual
Check cashed 2/5/19
Approved 9/28/19
Picked up from dealer 10/15/19

ETA pickup date

Last edited:
Got a stamp back for a can at the end of August that I had submitted the paperwork for about 10 months prior.

So I got a bit more info on these fast approvals.

Someone I know on the inside said they are now trying to pull all applications in the pipeline for an individual. So if you have 3 form 4’s, when the oldest one comes up they pull the other 2 as well, that way it’s one check for 3 approvals.

So my question for those with fast approvals, did you have multiple applications out?

My first 2 were 6 months the last one approved in August was 11 months

Someone I know on the inside said they are now trying to pull all applications in the pipeline for an individual. So if you have 3 form 4’s, when the oldest one comes up they pull the other 2 as well, that way it’s one check for 3 approvals.

So my question for those with fast approvals, did you have multiple applications out?

Wait they can't use logic at the government that's prohibited! If that's the current potential method to increase efficiency I need to hurry up and get the form 4 in for the ultra 7 that just showed up. This would be can #4 in jail. My 2 from last year were 12/3/18 cash dates.

Reactions: Stooxie

I've seen a bunch of these June - July approvals where folks either, still have other cans pending that didn't get batched with their short approval, or the June - July submission was their only can in the system. Batch approvals wouldn't explain either of those two situations. Also I had one can approved on 09/06, but still have one I submitted in May sitting in the queue.

I think it's more likely that either the wrong batch was grabbed by some of the new examiners LIFO style, or a new process was implemented for forms starting with those received in June. The leading edge of normal in-order F4 individual submissions seems to now be up to early Feb submissions.

Last edited:
Well it seems I’m in the middle of the stack purchased middle of January 2019 and sent usps money order for payment. If I call the number listed above to check on the status what information do I need to have readily available?

Well today they told me they having problems and are behind on September, and to call back in 4 weeks.... they have no answers.
I’ve been calling every Monday now for the last 3-4 weeks and all they ever tell me is pending. They won’t give me any more info than that. I’m in the same september hell hole ur in. Tired of seeing everyone else get their new toys while I gotta wait and not have it for hunting season.

Re: Form 4 wait time

I bought two machineguns early April,

check was cashed April 22,

went pending June 12,

my dealer called me yesterday 09/10 and said he had the two approved form 4's in hand !

That's a bit odd, usually the check cashed date is the pending date (at least it has been on all of mine) any idea why there is such a large gap between your check cashed date and pending date?

There decisions and responses are made with a giant dart board and a magic 8 ball.

Are you guys with these crazy wit times trust or individual? All mine were in trusts, but if individuals are going faster I'll just do that instead...

Saying it LOUDER for people in the back.

Don’t get discouraged by “not being assigned to an examiner”

I went from “Pending” /“not being assigned to an examiner”....to APPROVED....in 4 days.

I do understand your frustrations about the wait time...but it most likely won’t take long to get approved once your examiner is “assigned”

Saying it LOUDER for people in the back.

Don’t get discouraged by “not being assigned to an examiner”

I went from “Pending” /“not being assigned to an examiner”....to APPROVED....in 4 days.

I do understand your frustrations about the wait time...but it most likely won’t take long to get approved once your examiner is “assigned”
I appreciate the words. On the other hand, waiting this long is totally uncalled for. It’s no consolation it may not take long after being assigned when u submitted wait times were 7months. Now I’m looking at double that.

I called the ATF for the first time ever today. I do my best to be patient and leave them alone, but with all the weird stuff going on lately I was curious.

Two form 4 individuals. 1st had check cashed on January 5th '19, it's pending. 2nd had check cashed July 5th '19, it was approved sometime in mid-September, but my dealer hasn't given me the call yet.

WTAF? The whole process is a joke.

Form 4 individual
Check cashed: 08 FEB 19
Approved: 27 SEPT 19
Received: 07 OCT 19

Reactions: 65x55guy
Called the atf this morning about a form 4 individual she said it was approved 9/23/19 my check was cashed on 7/15/19 but my other 2 form 4’s were cashed back in March and there still pending I’ll be calling the dealer here shortly to see if they have my stamp

Form 4 individual with TBAC Ultra-9- submitted June 25, 2019 via Silencerco Portal At LGS. Dealer called today and I dropped by to pick it up. 3.5 months.

Reactions: matleez
Emailed my Senator yesterday and surprised that I got a real reply with a request for more information! I sent them the info they requested and they replied immediately saying they will submit an inquiry to the ATF immediately

That's awesome! Now, hopefully they actually do it

I went pending 11/13 (330 days) on a trust.
I have an inquiry in with my Congressman who is pro-gun. Haven't heard anything back yet but I'm guessing the ATF will send them some form letter with no real information. Have heard a few success stories so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Cody S
Just wondering if you guys see the silencer shop single shot trust wait times similar to an individual or more like a trust with multiple parties

Just wondering if you guys see the silencer shop single shot trust wait times similar to an individual or more like a trust with multiple parties

I don't think I remember seeing any SS Trusts coming back with the 60-90day approvals that have been coming through lately starting with July 2019 submissions. I have seen a post that said they anticipate the SS single shot trusts to process like individual applications though going forward with whatever new process ATF implemented.

Historically, I think they are the same as any other 1RP trust.

Wasn't there a "confirmed" source that said there was a batch of mid June to mid July forms that got processed by mistake by a new group of contractors? Everyone else is still going to wait a long fucking time as usual, individual or trust.

Wasn't there a "confirmed" source that said there was a batch of mid June to mid July forms that got processed by mistake by a new group of contractors? Everyone else is still going to wait a long fucking time as usual, individual or trust.
Got mine today ordered it 7/13/19

Attachments

• 20191011_172055.jpg
    20191011_172055.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 119
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 10.14.35 PM.png

There seem to be confirmed sources saying multiple things.

I called on Friday to check the status of a late May individual F4 form (still pending), while I was on I asked the person at the NFA branch what the deal was with these June and July approvals, whether there was a new process being applied or what. I expected to get blown off, but after a little hemming and hawing, she basically said that there was no new process, there was a pull from later in the stack, with the intent to bring down average wait times.

I figured it might be something like that, but didn't really expect anyone to admit it as it's more or less cheating to show better numbers for a key metric they are reporting up. Of course, I'm sure it wasn't the call of the lady answering the phone, she's just stuck between management and tax payers trying to figure out what the hell is going on.