• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

eForm4. Single file. First NFA transaction.

Filed I think 1/10/22. Somewhere around there.

Approval email from ATF was sent to dealer on 6/16 but it hit their email spam filter and was discovered yesterday......

157 days with the ATF.
So the approval on an efile goes only to the dealer and not both the buyer and dealer?

Reactions: BTap
So the approval on an efile goes only to the dealer and not both the buyer and dealer?
I was forwarded the stamp email. It looks like in addition to the dealer's email, it was Cc'd to an email address that was generated for me at the FFL's domain and input with the ATF. [email protected]. Instead of one that I actually have access to...? Or maybe I do have a way to get to it and didn't know it...?

Like I said, my first transaction. I've been sick and/or traveling most of that time anyway. I will bring it to the FFL's attention though.

Last edited:
Form 4 Paper Trust
Check cashed 5/15/2021
Approved 7/5/2022
Stamps at dealer 7/14/2022 and installed on their new host 7/15/2022
Completely ridiculous

07/15/22: Filed my eform for my Magnus SR 🥲
79AFE743-C783-4F5E-A925-C88CE42EAF3D.jpeg

Form 4 Paper Individual
Check cashed 7/6/2021
Approved 6/22/2022
At dealer 7/13/2022
That was retarded. Sad part is I have one more paper form with a cash date of 10/4/2021. I will be lucky to have that this year.

Reactions: Baron23
Anybody do a legacy form4 and been past 14 months? I'm at 425 days today and getting irritated lol

Last edited:
There's plenty of 14-15 month horror stories on reddit about form 4s. Most form 1s are a bit over a month I think.

I assume you meant form 4?

I have 4 in jail right now. 1 from September on paper, 2 from April 2 on eforms and 1 from June 6 on eforms. That's 3 and a half months on the earliest eforms ones.

Hoping for a batch, but I doubt it.

There's plenty of 14-15 month horror stories on reddit about form 4s. Most form 1s are a bit over a month I think.

I have 4 in jail right now. 1 from September on paper, 2 from April 2 on eforms and 1 from June 6 on eforms. That's 3 and a half months on the earliest eforms ones.

Yes, sorry about that. Form4.

Im at 458 days today. For me silencer shop form 4 trust 1 individual

I'd get ahold of your Congressman like what was mentioned earlier, I emailed mine, not sure it will make a difference but you have nothing to lose.
seriously this. contact all your local reps and find one who will make an inquiry on your behalf. I talked to mine and he sent me some release forms to start the process, coincidentally my can came in the next day.

Thata very close to how mine lay out but I have a total of 5. Started with 2 on form 4's in July 2021, then another in August 2021 on a paper form 4, Then had eform in May maybe for another 2 but done separately. I'm also hoping to batch them but I'm the guy that had a form 1 take 10 months so.... not bloody likely.....

I check twice a week have been since 400 days I will email my congressman.

Just went to my Congressmans Rep office in town and she said she has had a lot of people contact her regarding the ATF/NFA dragging their feet. She said I did the right thing by bringing this issue up to her so like the previous poster said do this if your wait time is turning out to be excessive.

Just went to my Congressmans Rep office in town and she said she has had a lot of people contact her regarding the ATF/NFA dragging their feet. She said I did the right thing by bringing this issue up to her so like the previous poster said do this if your wait time is turning out to be excessive.
I'm really tempted to talk to my rep (Marjorie Taylor Greene) but I'm only at 8 months. In my mind that is definitely excessive but that's subjective. I am curious what the general consensus on is here for what constitutes "excessive"

Reactions: BTap and 338dude
I'm really tempted to talk to my rep (Marjorie Taylor Greene) but I'm only at 8 months. In my mind that is definitely excessive but that's subjective. I am curious what the general consensus on is here for what constitutes "excessive"
Anything more than a 15 minute background check is excessive! there shouldn’t be any check at all it’s only a muffler as we all know ,with that being said I am at 13 months and counting!

Reactions: wb00757
8 months for efile form4 or paper form4?
If paper you have atleast another 4 months
Papers are at a year give or take a couple months on average right now
Eform4 is 4-5 on average right now.
I think it’s going to be 5-6 months on average and then bottom out there
Alot of it is from the initial efile surge IMO

Reactions: 338dude
Excessive is anything over an hour IMO. We can go in to a gun store and purchase a firearm, a mechanical piece and walk out in under an hour. Yet a piece of metal with zero moving parts takes up to and over a year? GTFO here with that BS ATF.

I called today and mine haven't been assigned to an examiner yet... submitted form 4 in August of 2021. I have a total of 5 in jail, with 2 of em being eforms in the last 3 ish months and the other 3 all being at 11 months now. She said times for paper form 4s , average time is right at one year and eforms are about 120 days on average...

I tried to speak to an examiner but she said she couldn't since it hadn't been sent to one yet???

I called today and mine haven't been assigned to an examiner yet... submitted form 4 in August of 2021. I have a total of 5 in jail, with 2 of em being eforms in the last 3 ish months and the other 3 all being at 11 months now. She said times for paper form 4s , average time is right at one year and eforms are about 120 days on average...

I tried to speak to an examiner but she said she couldn't since it hadn't been sent to one yet???

Doesn't matter, since all the examiners are working "remotely". They won't give you their number, but they may give you an email to contact them that way

Doesn't matter, since all the examiners are working "remotely". They won't give you their number, but they may give you an email to contact them that way
How long will it be "assigned to an examiner " before its approved? Seems as though it would be approved very soon after being assigned?

How long will it be "assigned to an examiner " before its approved? Seems as though it would be approved very soon after being assigned?

LOL. i dont think thats how it works. but i dont know in the post covid, remote working federal government world.

Used to be when it was received and checked in after they cashed your check, it was added to an examiners pile. now i have no idea.

Anything more than a 15 minute background check is excessive! there shouldn’t be any check at all it’s only a muffler as we all know with that being said I am at 13 months and counting!

I called several months ago all they would tell me was it was in the system! My check was cashed at least nine months ago!

Reactions: 30calDeath
Well that’s the reality of people voting for regulation: it’s only going to get worse
I think they will try to ban suppressors before they Get a AR ban.
I’m surprised they haven’t been pushing for it honestly
Its not the tech of the suppressor it’s the fact it makes rifles and gun much quieter
And when people see these
In military app or media it’s to kill people.
Sadly most politicians get what they know about weapons from the media 🤦🏻

Well my memory is not as good as I thought but I just got off the phone with the Atf they have had my paperwork since 8/26/21 it was sent a week or two before that it is still pending which means there’s no examiner working on it yet. crap !

Well my memory is not as good as I thought but I just got off the phone with the Atf they have had my paperwork since 8/26/21 it was sent a week or two before that it is still pending which means there’s no examiner working on it yet. crap !
Same time as me and same situation too. That sux

My last paper form spent 12.5 months NOT being assigned to an examiner (the last time I called). I was polite, but she could tell I was a bit frustrated with it taking so long, since I've had so many others approved prior to, and they kept spewing the official narrative of "currently 8 months average" and I was at 12.5. The lady was very polite, and told me to call back in 2 weeks, and that it should be approved by then. So, I called back 2 weeks later (13 months on the dot) and she said, "Oh wow, it was just approved this morning..." 🤦🏼

Yeah, how ironic! You told me exactly when it was going to be approved, and POOF, it was... Something seemed fishy about that shit. 🤔 Oh happy day, it only took 13 months to get approved for something I KNOW that I'm legally allowed to own, and then another 2 weeks to get the stamp to my dealer via snail-mail before I could pick it up. 🙄

At least all 5 of my paper form cans are home now, and I get alerted when my eForm gets approved, so I don't have to worry about calling them unless things get excessive.

My OCL Hydrogen-S (eForm 4, SS Trust) is now officially at 66 days and counting...

Bro, hate to be the bearer or bad news, but you still got a couple months... I just got my last paper Form 4 approved on 6/17/22... And it was cashed on 5/21/21... You still got some time.

• Sad
Bro, hate to be the bearer or bad news, but you still got a couple months... I just got my last paper Form 4 approved on 6/17/22... And it was cashed on 5/21/21... You still got some time.
Yeah, I think mine and his will be more like 13 months ish in reality. I have some clients who work for the federal government and I see exactly why it takes so long. THEY HARDLY EVER WORK!

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and 338dude
Yeah, I think mine and his will be more like 13 months ish in reality. I have some clients who work for the federal government and I see exactly why it takes so long. THEY HARDLY EVER WORK!
Sad reality is, that is correct. And because they're Federal Bureaucrats, they can't be fired, unless they do something really bad. Just not doing their job isn't a good enough excuse to terminate.