• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

just a little FYI. i have called ATF twice, and i always get the same answer to any question i ask, “ pending”, with no other information, i have asked to speak to their supervisor and they refused to transfer my call. i called my US congressional rep, explained the situation, and this person informed me that she has handled these inquiries before. she said, in the past that when she sends ATF a email about this issue,that it has been her experience, that the person in question gets their approval within a week . i have no way of knowing if this is true, or not, but i will report my results. here’s is something to think about. if this turns out the be true and i get my approval that’s great, but, it doesn’t solve the problem with the ATF. in my mind it just proves their are not doing their job,they we, the taxpayer are paying them to perform. i would advise everyone to call their congressional rep and have a conversation and explain the issues you are having and ask them what their experiences are with the approval processes. we have a saying down south , the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

That's similar to what happened to me. Contacted rep then she sent an email to the ATF. The response was the typical pending status email but about a week later they had approved the forms and a week or so later I had my stamps. It was also a batch approval that had pending dates of late September 2021 to November 2021.

Honestly it's hard to correlate contacting the reps to getting an approval but it's worth a shot. I dunno if it's them not doing their jobs or jus the sheer amount of forms they receive. Apparently they have shipping containers worth of forms (according to a picture on reddit so take with a grain of salt).

Reactions: Baron23
Called a local gun shop in my area, the one I bought the cans from are closed on Sundays. That store said they’re getting most of the paper 4 forms back at 18 months maybe it’ll be soon. My US Rep is a lefty gun grabber so I think I’ll pass on calling him. But I guess the Republican who’s running against him is a black guy who has an ad where he uses an ar15 to protect himself from the klan. If he wins I’m sure I’ll get it lol.

My US Rep is a lefty gun grabber so I think I’ll pass on calling him.
Do what you want, brother, but I live in the fucking communist state of Maryland and it just doesn't matter what the rep's position is on 2A. They ALL have constituent service weenies who can and will reach out to their legislative liaison at whatever alphabet soup agency is in question...in this case, the ATF and FBI.

It worked for me and if I didn't dig into it after a year, I'd still be waiting while my NICS transaction sat under a box of donuts on someone's desk.

As for 18 months....wow, I think reading this thread you will see that 12-14 months is what is happening in general and frankly I would go on the war path at a year and find out WTF they are doing with my application. If you want to sit there patiently waiting after 530 days, that's your business but it certainly seems like there is something wrong with the processing of your Form 4 and it most likely will not clear up on its own.

Cheers and best of luck.

Do what you want, brother, but I live in the fucking communist state of Maryland and it just doesn't matter what the rep's position is on 2A. They ALL have constituent service weenies who can and will reach out to their legislative liaison at whatever alphabet soup agency is in question...in this case, the ATF and FBI.

It worked for me and if I didn't dig into it after a year, I'd still be waiting while my NICS transaction sat under a box of donuts on someone's desk.

As for 18 months....wow, I think reading this thread you will see that 12-14 months is what is happening in general and frankly I would go on the war path at a year and find out WTF they are doing with my application. If you want to sit there patiently waiting after 530 days, that's your business but it certainly seems like there is something wrong with the processing of your Form 4 and it most likely will not clear up on its own.

Cheers and best of luck.
I got my Dad in hospice, still pretty hot in Phoenix. 3k for the cans $600 for the Stamps, fingerprints and photos were 3 separate charges. I fucking hated doing all of that. I understand what your saying. But I’m not sure I could have civil conversation with another entity about this. I’m pissed. I was so excited Q trash panda, dead air sandman-s and a ghost dealer said “don’t you want a 22lr. But yeah you’re right nothings happening so I got to do something. I just don’t want my forms to get put on the bottom of the pile for complaining. It’s almost funny it feels like I got scammed by a telemarketer and I’m trying to get my money back. September will be 18 months after that I’ll call the congressman’s office. This feels like a Cardinals season 🤦‍♂️

Cheers and best of luck.
Thank you though for real man!

Reactions: JohnCarter17
I got my Dad in hospice, still pretty hot in Phoenix. 3k for the cans $600 for the Stamps, fingerprints and photos were 3 separate charges. I fucking hated doing all of that. I understand what your saying. But I’m not sure I could have civil conversation with another entity about this. I’m pissed. I was so excited Q trash panda, dead air sandman-s and a ghost dealer said “don’t you want a 22lr. But yeah you’re right nothings happening so I got to do something. I just don’t want my forms to get put on the bottom of the pile for complaining. It’s almost funny it feels like I got scammed by a telemarketer and I’m trying to get my money back. September will be 18 months after that I’ll call the congressman’s office. This feels like a Cardinals season 🤦‍♂️
Ah man, sorry to hear about your dad and best of luck to you and your fam.

And I certainly understand the hesitation of getting caught up in the tar pit of getting your rep involved and all the emails, etc when you are going thru all of this.

But, and this is IMO only, after this long something is very wrong and you have little to lose at this point.

As for being out on the bottom of the pile for engaging your politician, that’s not been the experience of those of us who have done so.

Best of luck.

Whom is the exact politician one should be reaching out to? There exact title?

Whom is the exact politician one should be reaching out to? There exact title?
Are you serious?....how about your Congressman/woman or Senator?

serious-male-student-white-t-shirt-wears-optical-round-glasses-looks-seriously-has-strict-puzzled-look-tries-to-decide-what-do-163298523.jpg

Reactions: JohnCarter17
i contacted my congresswoman because she serves just my district and not the whole state like a senator. will it work? that is still an unknown at this point but it was my logic.

i contacted my congresswoman because she serves just my district and not the whole state like a senator. will it work? that is still an unknown at this point but it was my logic.
Now, this is just my opinion....but I don't think it matters. What does matter is some 20-something staffer with constituent services portfolio is sharp and willing to send an email to the ATF legislative liaison with an inquiry...and I believe our experience, as shared here in this thread, is yes...they will.

Take it for what its worth...I'm sure your congresswoman's staff will respond.

here’s the thing, i called and was promised a call within 48hrs. that didn’t happen. so after a week i called back, i was not a happy camper. i made that fact known to her. after that she was very gracious and accommodating. she sent me electronic paperwork that i sent back to her quickly. then she called me back within an hour after receiving my forms and said she had already sent the inquiry to the ATF. now, did she do what she claimed? i have no way of verifying, i will just have to take her word as truth. she also said she would contact me after the reply from ATF. her experience was that they usually reply within a week. if true, i may get a call from her this week. this is the first time i have contacted my rep, so i don’t know if this is normal or not. so far, so good though.

Called a local gun shop in my area, the one I bought the cans from are closed on Sundays. That store said they’re getting most of the paper 4 forms back at 18 months maybe it’ll be soon. My US Rep is a lefty gun grabber so I think I’ll pass on calling him. But I guess the Republican who’s running against him is a black guy who has an ad where he uses an ar15 to protect himself from the klan. If he wins I’m sure I’ll get it lol.

I'm loving this guy!

FYI there apparently was just a post on Reddit that the AFT is going to be focusing on the backlog of paper form 4s. Allegedly.

Reactions: Norm89 and rdog52
So I called my ffl and they said they submitted everything g December 9, 2021 and I’d have to call ATF to make sure everything is going through. I just called them and waited on hold for about 3 minutes for a woman to answer. She asked my name and serial number and the ffl dealer who submitted the form 4. She then was able to tell me they received everything g in December 15th and payment cleared at that time and my status is pending.
At least now I know it’s all just a matter of time and nothing out of the ordinary for me. Hopefully in a few months I’ll have my KGM R30. I can not wait to shoot it on a 300 win mag gas gun I have.

Reactions: kthomas
Just got the text from shop my stamp is ready I believe my wait on paper form was 1 year and 19 days or so.

First suppressor and can't wait only bad thing is shop is 1 hour or so drive so gotta find time to go get between work and life

I was planning on going shooting Saturday should I double check my loads with my suppressor or just shoot them and see?

I picked up my AAC today. I filled out the paperwork June 2021. They cashed the check August 1 2021, and the paperwork came through on Saturday. So..... 385 days or so.

I've got 2 efiles sitting there since March 31.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I was reading through these posts when my buddy @338dude started lip squeaking at me, and now I've killed a coyote with my new suppressor the same day I got it.

Winning.

Reactions: 338dude
I would like to make this suggestion, actually implore all of you that are going to reach out to your congressman to assist in your approvals.

1) Ask that your congressional rep specifically ask for batch approvals whether paper or eform of all your pending submissions (if you have more than one) and make it easy for the rep, by providing the serial number, manufacturer and model name, trust name (if applicable) of ALL submissions and ask the representative to copy and paste those details into their email to ATF.

2) Ask politely for a copy of the email your congressional representative sends to ATF, maybe they won’t, but it won’t hurt to ask, so that you can see that they put in their letter that they‘ve asked for batch approvals and to include in the letter for the ATF to adopt batch approvals on all submissions going forward.

Batch approvals stop the repetitive background checks at later times of the same applicant allowing the examiners to more efficiently move through the backlog.

Yes, some of you have received batch approvals, but it is random and that needs to happen every time whether paper or eform. How much longer does it take to approve and email five stamps vs one when the background check is good? Not long.

The more congressional reps that sends letters for batch approval adoption on all applicable submissions the better.

When you call into NFA and ask for status, also ask that they pass along that you want to see NFA adopt batch approvals, even if you only have one can in submission, because it will speed up approvals for everyone.

Last edited:
I would like to make this suggestion, actually implore all of you that are going to reach out to your congressman to assist in your approvals.

1) Ask that your congressional rep specifically ask for batch approvals whether paper or eform of all your pending submissions (if you have more than one) and make it easy for the rep, by providing the serial number, manufacturer and model name, trust name (if applicable) of ALL submissions and ask the representative to copy and paste those details into their email to ATF.

2) Ask politely for a copy of the email your congressional representative sends to ATF, maybe they won’t, but it won’t hurt to ask, so that you can see that they put in their letter that they‘ve asked for batch approvals and to include in the letter for the ATF to adopt batch approvals on all submissions going forward.

Batch approvals stop the repetitive background checks at later times of the same applicant allowing the examiners to more efficiently move through the backlog.

Yes, some of you have received batch approvals, but it is random and that needs to happen every time whether paper or eform. How much longer does it take to approve and email five stamps vs one when the background check is good? Not long.

The more congressional reps that sends letters for batch approval adoption on all applicable submissions the better.

When you call into NFA and ask for status, also ask that they pass along that you want to see NFA adopt batch approvals, even if you only have one can in submission, because it will speed up approvals for everyone.
We actually agree on something... I personally believe suppressors should not be regulated, and the NFA should be abolished, but at the same time I understand that for now, any baby steps moving forward towards progress of speeding things up, is better than stagnancy, or regression like we're experiencing now, with the 90 day claims, then 100 day claims, but reality is 150+ days, and getting worse every single day.

I've been saying for a long time that the fact they do no do batch approvals is BS. Especially now that they have eForms, where everything is 100% electronic, and probably filed under our names alphabetically. I've never seen their software, but I'm assuming it is similar to the Silencer Shop Dashboard where it shows our submissions and shows a list of Forms under our names and shows "Pending" or "Approved" status beside them. That would only make sense. How much harder is it to open up the other documents after doing a BGC on the first one, and then selecting approvals for all the other "open/pending" eForms? Not only would it make all of us happy, it would make life SO MUCH easier for them, and, like you said, would actually quickly eliminate a large portion of the backlog of both paper and eForms.

Last edited:
Long NFA times are a catch 22. If they become 15 minute turn arounds it's easier for the government to slip every single firearm & accessory into the NFA. Triggers, magazines, scope mounts, stocks, uppers etc. By being absurdly long it would raise more backlash if they attempt to do this now.

Personally I'd rather have long wait times or abolish the system.

• Angry
Reactions: hlee
Long NFA times are a catch 22. If they become 15 minute turn arounds it's easier for the government to slip every single firearm & accessory into the NFA. Triggers, magazines, scope mounts, stocks, uppers etc. By being absurdly long it would raise more backlash if they attempt to do this now.

They're already trying to do this with HB 1808... The "Assault Weapons Ban of 2022" bullshit. They want to make any and every gun part an NFA item and banned from regular purchase by average citizens.

Reactions: Norm89 and 338dude
Look at the attached below and you can see the ”6 day“ approval. How is that so? Someone getting lucky? Maybe, but I am doubtful. How about the guy had six cans in submission and say from longest to shortest they were: 166, 137, 135, 104, 53 and 6 days. The examiner picks up the file for the 166 day can and sees the other five as well with the shortest at 6 days and batch approves them all. An outsider looks and thinks how could someone be so lucky and be approved in six days? The reality is the can in the system for 166 days made the six day approval possible.

Attachments

• 8FAFA8DF-4BB3-4627-B7E8-261CED3B3610.jpeg
    8FAFA8DF-4BB3-4627-B7E8-261CED3B3610.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 64
Look at the attached below and you can see the ”6 day“ approval. How is that so? Someone getting lucky? Maybe, but I am doubtful. How about the guy had six cans in submission and say from longest to shortest they were: 166, 137, 135, 104, 53 and 6 days. The examiner picks up the file for the 166 day can and sees the other five as well with the shortest at 6 days and batch approves them all. An outsider looks and thinks how could someone be so lucky and be approved in six days? The reality is the can in the system for 166 days made the six day approval possible.
When I first saw that, I figured that was either the case, or it was a LE/MIL expedition with a notorized letter from their CO about quickly-upcoming orders, thus expediting the process.

When I first saw that, I figured that was either the case, or it was a LE/MIL expedition with a notorized letter from their CO about quickly-upcoming orders, thus expediting the process.
You could be right that it was a special circumstance for expedited approval, but I believe those can even be approved in even fewer days. Perhaps Silencer Shop’s statistics only include general public numbers with the above you mention excluded. Otherwise, you would see that 6 day number maybe as low as 2 days.

Thanks for showing me the silver lining of making me wait 18 months for my cans. I was worried if they were approved faster I might have to involve my congressional representative to get a sling approved before elk season. You can’t be serious.

Reactions: FuhQ

Are you one of those gun friendly liberals?

Reactions: FuhQ
Are you one of those gun friendly liberals?
No I'm serious. I got 4 cans in line for approval. I hope the wait time gets longer so more lawsuits get started saying the NFA needs to go.

If NFA times get short contentment sets in. We will be stuck with it because it is "just a minor inconvenience"

Last edited:
No I'm serious. In fact I hope the wait time gets longer so more lawsuits get started saying the NFA needs to go.

If NFA times get short contentment sets in.
Well you got your first wish wait times are long. 🎉🥳 How long should someone wait to get these magic “NFA needs to go” lawsuits going?

I called this morning, and was pleasantly surprised the phone line started ringing instantly. A lady answered within two rings and asked for my info.
Pending 7/29/21
APPROVED 8/18/22

I will be eForming for now on.

Last edited:
I called my shop yesterday to ask if they had a certain suppressor in stock that I want, and he told me that their eform turnaround is about 90 days right now. This seems astonishingly short to me, but they do a ton of class 3 business so I would expect them to know what they're talking about.

Check r/NFA on Reddit. The Agency of Tyrannical Faggots is still working through February efiles and barely starting in March.

It really is is shocking that a BC to actually walk out of a store with the device that sends lead down range and has all the power is a 30 second phone call. Which is what it should be! But then a suppressor that only makes it quite enough to shoot without ear pro but it’s still loud enough that you should probably still use ear pro is a 180-500 day BC with prints, photos, your first born child etc is so ass backwards is unbelievable.