• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yea. I was looking at my average wait time over my previous silencers. Longest was 364 days and the shortest was 93 days.

I had an octane 45 get approved in about 2.5 months probably 7-8 years ago but the last few years they’ve all been around a year.

Rugged Occulus 22 FDE
Purchased June 23, 2021
Check Cashed July 20, 2021
Approved August 17, 2022
Stamp at Dealer August 30, 2022
Picked up August 31,2021

2 eForm 4's filed March 7, 2022 and June 20, 2022 still awaiting approval.

Efile submitted to ATF 2/24/2022 aka 192 days and waiting.
Efile submitted to ATF 3/9/2022 aka 181 days and waiting.
This is ridiculous, congressional sent today.

Last edited:
I’m at 152 and 102 days in for mine, efile. This doesn’t hold a candle to some of your wait times.

Just wrote my congressman who is actually pro 2A. Let’s see if anything happens.

Update. A staffer reached out to me with a consent form. They are sending over the inquiry to the ATF today.

Last edited:
I’m at 152 and 102 days in for mine, efile. This doesn’t hold a candle to some of your wait times.

Just wrote my congressman who is actually pro 2A. Let’s see if anything happens.

Update. A staffer reached out to me with a consent form. They are sending over the inquiry to the ATF today.
Nobody reached out to me. Guess I'll have to resend it.

Well called congressman I guess I got a return without action does anyone know what that is? Does not sound like an approval.

Good luck everybody after 18 months called congressman got some kind of answer”return without action” if you get Angela Edwards as examiner good luck 6 detailed messages no returned calls. They told me she is in the office and can explain what they need. I still got sent to her voicemail. Maybe since Walmart replaced the specials with robots. The must of landed at the ATF. Fuuuuhhk
Better then pending another 6 months.

Attachments

• 829B1F14-AD6B-450B-97B9-7D4B19D39233.jpeg
    829B1F14-AD6B-450B-97B9-7D4B19D39233.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: stefan73
I’m so drained with this bullshit! Every time I read this thread I’m brought down. I feel like I’m watching main stream, endless bad news.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30calDeath
for those that have called their congressional rep, ask them to copy and paste the atf’s response to their inquiry. they won’t forward the original email but they should be able to provide the written response they received. below is what the response that was sent to my rep. it appears, to me, that my background check was approved and waiting for processing. but i can’t verify that to be true of false.
received this on 08/25/22. i’m sitting on 180 days right now.
eForm 4was received on 03-17-2022. As of 03-17-2022, the application is PENDING.
eForm 4 was received on 03-17-2022. As of 03-17-2022, the application is PENDING.

The current average processing time for a eForm 4 is 160 days with a proceeded background check. Understanding that Mr. Cabe is anxious to have her applications approved, we ask that he remain patient. The NFA Division is processing applications as efficiently and effectively as possible considering the sheer number of applications they continue to receive weekly. The NFA Division continues to diligently handle applications in the order received.

a little more info for those contacting their congressional reps. once my rep sent the inquiry, they received the response one week later. take it for what’s it’s worth.

Reactions: Diesel79
View attachment 7952358

I’d like this to be the official picture for the thread so everyone knows what they’re getting into.

Roughly following the posts on the reddit NFA thread, appears the efile delays increase +1 day every day or so. So if you someone submitted 60 days prior to your application then posted approval today, you're looking at quite a bit more than the 60 day difference in approval.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Paper Form 4
Silencer
Mailed May 31, 2022
Approved July 28, 2022
Received September 10, 2022

WTF! The mailing time was almost as long as the approval time

Attachments

• 476-B1-CE3-0-BCD-4094-B5-CF-EC18-C6-FE4757.jpg
    476-B1-CE3-0-BCD-4094-B5-CF-EC18-C6-FE4757.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Wow
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
for those that have called their congressional rep, ask them to copy and paste the atf’s response to their inquiry. they won’t forward the original email but they should be able to provide the written response they received. below is what the response that was sent to my rep. it appears, to me, that my background check was approved and waiting for processing. but i can’t verify that to be true of false.
received this on 08/25/22. i’m sitting on 180 days right now.
eForm 4was received on 03-17-2022. As of 03-17-2022, the application is PENDING.
I received a forward of the AFT response to my Senator’s staffer inquiry. Dunno why they wouldn’t

And I have zero idea what the fella is experiencing w “returned no action”. I believe Thayer can either issue an approval or a deny.

That’s an impressive turnaround. Just got a paper form back last month. It was just over a year wait

I received a forward of the AFT response to my Senator’s staffer inquiry. Dunno why they wouldn’t

And I have zero idea what the fella is experiencing w “returned no action”. I believe Thayer can either issue an approval or a deny.
am in understanding that your senator forwarded you the email they received back from ATF? my congressional rep said she couldn’t because it would violate their cyber security protocols. i figured she didn’t want me to have a direct email contact info at the atf, but what the hell do i know. haha.

am in understanding that your senator forwarded you the email they received back from ATF? my congressional rep said she couldn’t because it would violate their cyber security protocols. i figured she didn’t want me to have a direct email contact info at the atf, but what the hell do i know. haha.
Yes…but let me check again to be sure. At 70, I can’t remember what I had for breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: Keith E.
Ok, looking at them now.

Yes, I was forwarded the exact email from the ATF from my Senator’s constituent service weenie.

HOWEVER, the header was either modified (most likely) or for some IT reason it does not show sender info. Only “To”, “Subject”, and date/time stamp.

But no “From”...see below.

1662836757318.png

Attachments

• 1662836652521.png
    1662836652521.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 49
Ok, looking at them now.

Yes, I was forwarded the exact email from the ATF from my Senator’s constituent service weenie.

HOWEVER, the header was either modified (most likely) or for some IT reason it does not show sender info. Only “To”, “Subject”, and date/time stamp.

But no “From”...see below.

View attachment 7953520
thanks for going to the trouble of looking it up.
as a side note, don’t feel bad about forgetting about breakfast. i’m 60, and i get up off the couch and walk into the kitchen and forget what i went after, then go sit back down and remember. hahahaahaha.

Efile submitted to ATF 2/24/2022 aka 200 days and waiting, Single Shot Trust.
Efile submitted to ATF 3/9/2022 aka 187 days and waiting, Single Shot Trust.

Got off the phone with the NFA Branch and all they could tell me is that it is pending. The guy answering the phone was very nice and courteous.

Paper form 4: CGS HYPERION
Bought: 9/30/2021
Check cashed: 10/26/2021
Approved: Who knows.....
In hand: See above

I have almost given up all hope. Even the efile process is creeping upwards 7-8 months. Before long, efile will be running even with the paper form wait times the way its going.

My first E-file took about 90 days…I bought two more suppressors about a month after the first…still waiting, currently around 140 days….

Luckily I’m not in a hurry 😂 I have plenty from the paper form 4 times. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Paper form 4: CGS HYPERION
Bought: 9/30/2021
Check cashed: 10/26/2021
Approved: Who knows.....
In hand: See above

I have almost given up all hope. Even the efile process is creeping upwards 7-8 months. Before long, efile will be running even with the paper form wait times the way its going.

Not for another 7 months, you r screwed.

Efile submitted to ATF 2/24/2022 aka 200 days and waiting, Single Shot Trust.
Efile submitted to ATF 3/9/2022 aka 187 days and waiting, Single Shot Trust.

Got off the phone with the NFA Branch and all they could tell me is that it is pending. The guy answering the phone was very nice and courteous.
You are correct, the ATF doesn't give "status updates" or anything of that sort, the only real communication you received is the approval/disaproval. With Late Feb and early March approvals coming in yours could be soon. - Chase

You are correct, the ATF doesn't give "status updates" or anything of that sort, the only real communication you received is the approval/disaproval. With Late Feb and early March approvals coming in yours could be soon. - Chase
My first eForm was certified May 17, and my 2nd is Aug 19. I wish they would do a batch approval. It would cut down on time and workload by an inordinate amount for the ATF. Especially with the eForms, since they're all digital. They only would have to do 1 background check, and then approve all the pending eForms under my name.

It would be so much simpler, and would help alleviate a huge portion of their workload by avoiding having to do the same thing every time for each and every NFA item. That's the definition of inefficiency. I know it's the bloated bureaucracy that is government, but at some point, the examiners must want to make their life exponentially easier and help alleviate their workload by simply doing a couple extra clicks of the mouse to approve all the pending Form 4's, after having to only run 1 background check. 🤷🏼

My first eForm was certified May 17, and my 2nd is Aug 19. I wish they would do a batch approval. It would cut down on time and workload by an inordinate amount for the ATF. Especially with the eForms, since they're all digital. They only would have to do 1 background check, and then approve all the pending eForms under my name.

It would be so much simpler, and would help alleviate a huge portion of their workload by avoiding having to do the same thing every time for each and every NFA item. That's the definition of inefficiency. I know it's the bloated bureaucracy that is government, but at some point, the examiners must want to make their life exponentially easier and help alleviate their workload by simply doing a couple extra clicks of the mouse to approve all the pending Form 4's, after having to only run 1 background check. 🤷🏼
C'mon man, you're applying logic (and sound logic at that) to the illogical.

Most gov employees are there to serve time to retire. I know worked for county, state and fed.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ

Interesting take, sir!

Reactions: FuhQ
My purchases are through Silencer Shop using single shot trusts. I just bought 3 suppressors like a month ago. Local dealer called last week to say he had them but obviously no stamps. I just got email from Silencer Shop saying to go to the dealer to certify my eform 4.

I guess this is done through their portal at the dealer but what the hell does this mean? Certify it?